'A major breakthrough': Volkswagen workers in (Tennessee) vote to join United Auto Workers.

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 12:31 am
'A major breakthrough': Volkswagen workers in Tennessee vote to join United Auto Workers.

Workers at a Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee, voted overwhelmingly to join the United Auto Workers, marking a major milestone for the labor organization and its first successful organizing drive of an automaker outside of Detroit’s Big Three. Sara Nelson, who serves as the international president of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL–CIO, joins Ali Velshi to discuss why the vote marks such a consequential and historic victory for union workers and how autoworkers conquered anti-union sentiment in the South.

Published April 21, 2024

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 149 • Replies: 5
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 12:33 am
@Real Music,
That makes me happy.
Real Music

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 01:22 am
California Governor Gavin Newsom joins Jen Psaki for an exclusive interview to discuss the rollback of reproductive rights, the start of Donald Trump's criminal trial, and the state of the 2024 race. Governor Newsom's PAC new abortion ad that will air in Alabama as part of their effort to raise awareness of their "extreme" abortion laws, debuted exclusively on "Inside with Psaki."

Published April 21, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 01:51 am
@glitterbag,
1. I don't expect to see any deep red southern states turning blue in the foreseeable future.

2. But, just maybe some of those deep red southern states might start showing shades of purple in the not too distant future.

3. Maybe 2026 or 2028.

4. Or maybe 2030 or 2032.

5. Both Georgia and Arizona were reliable red states that have recently turn purple.

6. North Carolina looks like a state that might turn purple in the foreseeable future.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 03:03 am
@Real Music,
My main concern is that people will be voting in strictly religious terms (ergo) rules that have been established to avoid accepting other Christians as if they are heretics. (too many christian followers believe they are the TRUE followers, in other words they believe the very first Christian Church was very wrong and should have waited for the new believers to come along and purify The Church of Jesus Christ.........we all thank you for your sweet notions of purity, but I'm inclined to follow the teachings of Jesus.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2024 07:49 pm
UAW workers defeat southern Republican Governors.

UAW Shawn Fain welcomed Volkswagen workers in Chattanooga, Tenn. into the United Auto Workers union.

Published April 22, 2024

0 Replies