Riddle: Needs Answer

Slipped

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:30 pm
There is a trailer. There is a bed in this trailer. There's a man on the bed. The man is dead. The window to the trailer is open. There is sawdust on each of the four bedposts. Guess were the circumstances surrounding this man's death.

How did the man die?

I have no idea what the answer to this riddle is, can anyone help?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,328 • Replies: 16
No top replies

amosunknown

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 04:51 pm
maybe someone shot him, or he choked, or he was old and expired, or maybe he overdosed on aleve.... maybe there were carpenter ants that chewed up wood and left shavings on the bed posts......
0 Replies

attackmonkeys

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:25 pm
I'd like to know this one as well.

!
0 Replies

zipote

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:04 pm
He's a lumberjack! The trailer is near the worksite. A tree fell on him and squashed the poor bugger! His co-workers carried him to the trailer and rested him on the bed as his last dying wish was to sleep in his bed before he passed. The window is open because he had eaten beans that day, and had bad gas!

Wow....I'm good!
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 02:40 am
The man in the bed is the world's smallest man... working in a circus and the world's second smallest man who is envious of his fame and fortune, has been sawing the legs off his bed... little by little... leaving only sawdust at each bedpost. After a while the little man thinks he is growing... so he poisons himself...

What a tragedy.. 2 minutes silence please.

Whim
0 Replies

zipote

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
But Whim....

Why is the window open?
0 Replies

gwen39

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:33 am
dead man in bed
maybe he worked in a sawmill and got caught in a saw and his mates took him home and payed homage to him with sawdust?
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:20 am
That's the way the second littlest man got in the trailer and out again, since the door was locked.

or

The little man always sleeps with his window open.

Whim
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:36 am
He died of fright after being scared by a beaver that came in through the window and started eating his bed.
0 Replies

moon lights shadow

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 02:29 pm
Maybe he just died, and he was a carpenter, i i mean, was he supposed to be murdered or something???
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 07:53 pm
Three low paid salesmen (?) stopped at a low-priced hotel.

They shared a $30.00 room. Each put in $10.00. The manager of the hotel looked at the registrations and told the bellboy that those three guys were friends of his and to give them a $5.00 refund on the room. The bellboy thought there's no way of splitting up $5.00. But if I give each one a dollar, they'll never know and I get $2.00.

So the men paid $10.00 each - a total of $30.00 for the room. But they
got a dollar back. So each paid $9.00 or a total of #27.00 for the room. The bellboy got #2.00. That's a total of $29.00. What happened to the other $1.00?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 06:42 am
The room cost was $25, so the only thing to account for was how much each person paid ($27), minus the two dollars that the bellboy kept ($27 - $2 = $25). There is no extra dollar.
0 Replies

Eskimo

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 02:16 am
BillyFalcon wrote:
Three low paid salesmen (?) stopped at a low-priced hotel.

They shared a $30.00 room. Each put in $10.00. The manager of the hotel looked at the registrations and told the bellboy that those three guys were friends of his and to give them a $5.00 refund on the room. The bellboy thought there's no way of splitting up $5.00. But if I give each one a dollar, they'll never know and I get $2.00.

So the men paid $10.00 each - a total of $30.00 for the room. But they
got a dollar back. So each paid $9.00 or a total of #27.00 for the room. The bellboy got #2.00. That's a total of $29.00. What happened to the other $1.00?

I think it's lost in the operations...
(30-(5-2))/3= $9 each which is how it should work...it's probably a matter of the brackets, because of:
30-((5-2)/3)= $29, which is where the problem is
0 Replies

x

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 12:59 pm
The salesmen didn't get $9, they paid it, which is why you can't just add the two to the 27. There are several (equivalent) ways to look at it and see the conservation:

amount to start = sum of end amounts
30 = 3*1 + 2 + 25

sum of changes = 0
(+2) + (-9)*3 + (+25) = 0

amount paid = amount received
9*3 = 25 + 2

etc ...

Or maybe the bell boy just dropped the other dollar on the way to the room Shocked
0 Replies

DarkWizard

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 08:23 pm
whimsical wrote:
The man in the bed is the world's smallest man... working in a circus and the world's second smallest man who is envious of his fame and fortune, has been sawing the legs off his bed... little by little... leaving only sawdust at each bedpost. After a while the little man thinks he is growing... so he poisons himself...

What a tragedy.. 2 minutes silence please.

Whim

This is the answer I have always been given to this riddle.
0 Replies

sligchamp

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:35 am
answer
this is easy

the man had been woochopping while he went in the trailer and the tree fell on the trailer.The window opened by god and saw dust came from his bum
0 Replies

htyphoon13

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 04:02 pm
so you all know...you wouldnt ADD the bellboys amount because he kept it...

3 guys...pay 10 = 30
guys get 3 back = 27
bellboy keeps 2 = 25

price of room = 30
manager discount = 5
price of room = 25

^_^
Dave
0 Replies