What was the leading cause of death for law enforcement last year?

Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Experts are suggesting that even if you have suffered covid, the vaccine is still recommended.

Right. Now why don't you produce the study that these "experts" did that shows that the other fifty or so studies were just wrong.

Where's that study, max?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:21 pm
@Glennn,
Ok you are boring me now. This is just rehashing the same bullshit you are pushing every thread.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:27 pm
@Glennn,
I am going to disengage with Glennn, but I want to address people reading this... because what Glennn is doing is instructive.

It is impossible for me to disprove Glennn. I will freely admit that. It is impossible for me to disprove crazy conspiracy theory about anything from GMOs to peak resource theories.

It is not because these crazy theories are correct. It is because they are crazy. If people can ignore all of the evidence against their theories... they will always be able to find a table here, or a study there, or a rogue scientist, or a quote taken out of context.

Glennns posts are an extreme example. But many people on able2know are doing the same thing with more politically acceptable narratives.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, tell me that you actually believe that the fifty or so studies that show conclusively that natural immunity is superior to the experimental injections do not exist, and I will post them.

Do you believe they exist? If so, that means that you are ignoring them because it goes against your beliefs.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Glennn wrote:

If I have natural immunity, and they ignore that fact, then the employer should have to accept responsibility for a needless injection. That seems fair.

Just to make it clear... I am not making an anti-vax argument. I think the anti-vaxxers are insane. I am not going to get into the anti-vaxxer bullshit here.

I am arguing against vaccine mandates. That being said, since I am arguing against forced vaccinations, than this case would be covered (even though medical experts suggest that you should still get the vaccine).

My girlfriend had covid. She had one shot (out of two) before she contracted the virus. She is fine now, but she had several miserable days. She is planning to get the second shot (after a waiting period). She will do this because that is what her doctor told her to do based on science and medical expertise. My girlfriend is not an idiot.

That being said, human beings have the right to be idiots. Doctors can't force their patients to take their advice, even if their advice is medically necessary. Corporations shouldn't be able to force their employees to take their medical advice either. That is what I am arguing.

Taking a page from your book, Max...

...are you arguing, in general, that if a person does not want to follow a law with respect to general health or safety rules...that person should be allow "to be an idiot", even if being an idiot may have significant negative consequences for fellow workers and the general public?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That is exactly what I am arguing, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 01:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

That is exactly what I am arguing, Frank.

So essentially you are arguing "**** the general public" individual rights trump everything else.

So do you extend this to other areas? Are you of the opinion that people who do not want to stop at red lights or stop signs...should be able to do that...and screw the public who might be negatively impacted?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 02:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Rights are often a balance. Your rights will conflict with my rights at times, and society has to figure out where to draw the line.

I have three issues with vaccine mandates

1. They force people to get a medical procedure against their will.
2. They force people to give up a piece of their privacy. At least in this case, their employer will be able to see part of their medical record.
3. A policy that leads to people being fired may have unintended social consequences. Firing people has economic costs, and their are potential side issues such as racial justice.

Now, on the other side I agree with you

1. Covid is a sometimes deadly disease and a global pandemic.
2. Vaccine mandates may save lives (although I question how drastic this will be given all other factors including rates of voluntary vaccinations).

So, now we have to balance these two sides. On one side we have a corporations demand that employees prove they have undergone a medical procedure at risk of being fired. On the other side we have a global pandemic.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 02:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If you look at these two sides and honestly decide that the risk of covid outweighs the consequences of corporations forcing workers to prove they have undergone a medical procedure, then I respect you.

What I don't respect are people who pretend vaccine mandates are a simple issue with no consequences.

I believe that worker privacy and the right of workers to decline a procedure outweigh the risks of a voluntary vaccine program. I will stand by that decision.

I accept the fact that my policy may lead to more deaths. It annoy me that people here want to pretend that forcing workers to undergo a medical procedure doesn't have any conseqences.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 02:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Obviously, asking people to stop at a stop sign does not lead to any privacy issue.

On second thought, if my employer demanded to put a camera on my dashboard so they could fire me if I didn't stop at stop signs... I may have a problem with that. I should stop at stop signs, but what I do on my free time is none of my employers business.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 02:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Rights are often a balance. Your rights will conflict with my rights at times, and society has to figure out where to draw the line.

I have three issues with vaccine mandates

1. They force people to get a medical procedure against their will.
2. They force people to give up a piece of their privacy. At least in this case, their employer will be able to see part of their medical record.
3. A policy that leads to people being fired may have unintended social consequences. Firing people has economic costs, and their are potential side issues such as racial justice.

Now, on the other side I agree with you

1. Covid is a sometimes deadly disease and a global pandemic.
2. Vaccine mandates may save lives (although I question how drastic this will be given all other factors including rates of voluntary vaccinations).

So, now we have to balance these two sides. On one side we have a corporations demand that employees prove they have undergone a medical procedure at risk of being fired. On the other side we have a global pandemic.

"Forcing people to get vaccinated" are the reason we no longer have to deal with plague, small pox, polio and many other diseases. If one wants to be a part of society...they will get them...and I expect in some cases (present one, for instance) for the government to mandate them.

"Giving up privacy" is how civilization came about...how civilized people are able to live reasonably in to day's world. Society demands that we each give up privacy. I have no problem with people who want to have their individual rights supersede society's right to function. A free ticket to the Amazon rain forest or an Australian desert should be mandatory for one of them.

"Not firing some people" may have unintended social consequences. Not firing people has economic costs.

If a company wants to mandate vaccination as a condition of employment...as things stand to day in America, they should have that right.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 02:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If you look at these two sides and honestly decide that the risk of covid outweighs the consequences of corporations forcing workers to prove they have undergone a medical procedure, then I respect you.

What I don't respect are people who pretend vaccine mandates are a simple issue with no consequences.

I believe that worker privacy and the right of workers to decline a procedure outweigh the risks of a voluntary vaccine program. I will stand by that decision.

I accept the fact that my policy may lead to more deaths. It annoy me that people here want to pretend that forcing workers to undergo a medical procedure doesn't have any conseqences.

Let's not get into the question of why we respect or lack respect in each other, Max. Makes no sense.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 02:52 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Obviously, asking people to stop at a stop sign does not lead to any privacy issue.

It does to someone who does not want to stop!

Quote:

On second thought, if my employer demanded to put a camera on my dashboard so they could fire me if I didn't stop at stop signs... I may have a problem with that. I should stop at stop signs, but what I do on my free time is none of my employers business.

Okay, have a problem with that. Have a huge problem with it, if you choose. I've had problems with many employers over the years...and I have simply quit my job when I did.

So?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 02:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He's arguing pure rights relating specifically to the individual. He's arguing for a nation of Solipsists . He believes only in armies of one. It's a typical sophist sort of argument. Back in the sixties we'd get buzzed and argue this crap for hours. We knew there was a little applicable in the theory for society as a whole. Max didn't read that chapter in the Cliff Note's 'Man and the Superman'.

It's waste of time to discuss this with him. He wants to discuss theory and we're interested in the practical effects of individuals who believe they have the rights to abridge everyone else's rights.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 03:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

I need to read the constitution over once more as I have not taken note of where there is a right to risk exposing others to a deadly disease.
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 03:16 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I need to read the constitution over once more as I have not taken note of where there is a right to risk exposing others to a deadly disease.

Of course, you're not talking about the 45,000,00+ people who've already tested positive, thereby giving them natural immunity.
Glennn

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 03:43 pm
OMG, you are talking about the 45,000,000+ people who've tested positive and have natural immunity!
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 04:38 pm
@Glennn,
Wow!!!!! Does that mean they can never get sick even if exposed to a sophisticated mutated strain of the virus????
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 05:51 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

At the federal level, try the Tenth Amendment.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 06:37 pm
@Glennn,
Over 700 thousands did not survive for natural immunity and many more then 700 thousands will have years long illness as the price of getting that natural immunity all due to people listening to people such as yourself instead of medical science.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:00:06