KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:21 pm
....adding onto my last post our conversation may be boring to most as it seems we are the only 2 people talking here, yet however in talking we may be opening up some minds to the possibility that ok we might not be able to change things but at least we can identify and understand the problems out there in this world.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:52 pm
An excellent point. It takes one to start something and two to get it going! Who knows, perhaps we can solve the world's ills and all. LOL. Now, that definitely would be a stretch, wouldn't it?

Do you have problems with those that don't agree with you on things getting nasty and calling you names and stuff? I don't understand why everyone can't understand a discussion is so much better than an attack.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:01 pm
...I dont let things like that phase me, its their issue to sort out if people dont like my answers and go on the attack its probably because I have hit a sore spot in them.....but I havent so far had anyone call me names, if I did I suppose I would find it quite entertaining that one could act so childish. Very Happy
Have people done that to you?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:06 pm
Oh yeah! One in particular.

I happen to be a Christian and we were discussing some points in the Bible. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with what I believe in. What I do take issue with is being called names and using God's name in vain. I asked repeatedly to have a civil conversation without the harsh stuff but he kept getting worse. So, I just got to the point I said I wouldn't answer his posts anymore and haven't.

I welcome differing points of view. There is so much that everyone can share and we can all learn. Sometimes though, we just learn how not to act. LOL
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:14 pm
I see, well its hard trying to have a grown up discussion with children LOL

you may have read some of my posts where I have stated that I do not believe in religion and I stand up for my beliefs, but I would never go to any extreme to put someone elses religious beliefs down....that is just plain disrespectful.
I am sorry to hear that Angel.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:19 pm
Ah, it's nothing I can't handle. That's what got me started on this thread. I kept getting that it was my problem and that he shouldn't have to change his behavior routine. You know, the old not taking responsibility thing.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:25 pm
See Angel thats a good positive attitude to take
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:30 pm
Well, believe me, it took me forever to get that attitude. I used to be so bad at "if I'm miserable, y'all are gonna be miserable too!" I guess I kind of think sometimes that I am getting the "what goes around comes around deal." But, it teaches me patience and I feel better when I take the high road, so to speak.

I guess we need to come up with some controversial question, don't you? What do you think of "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?"

Hmmmmm.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:42 pm
simple to answer....both! we all are part of the problem and we are all capable of finding a solution, but then that question realy puts us back onto the merry go round of 'damned if you do and damned if you dont' so to speak.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:53 pm
So true. But, I would really be interested to find out how many felt each way.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:00 pm
well maybe you could put another thread up with that question.
Because I get the feeling not too many people will answer it her.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:04 pm
You noticed that too? Me too! Ok, let's see what we can generate then.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:06 pm
yep I have noticed......
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:10 pm
Ok, I posted the question. Let's see what happens. Not that you aren't a charming conversationalist, but, Imming would probably be easier!
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:05 pm
well I see its sparked a lot of interest Angel LOL
...bit of a shame matey, I will put my 10 cents worth in tomorrow.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:11 pm
LOL. Thanx Kiwi!
0 Replies