Is he using FB dating app?

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 01:31 pm
I've been seeing this guy for almost a year and a week ago, he sent me a FB screenshot. I didn't think anything of it till I noticed the dating app with 6 notifications on the top of his screen.
He made a joke about having 5 years of ignored notifications on a myriad of other apps but a few things don't feel right about it.
First, FB dating is only two years old. And we've been together for 9 months. 6 notifications seems like a low number for someone NOT checking it for either of those time frames.
Also, when I pointed out that it was there, he played dumb like he didn't know what it was. He uses FB for work daily. You don't just overlook ANY kind of notification when you use it as much as he does.
But then also, if I understand right, FB uses an algorithm that moves the most active apps to the top of your screen. Meaning that if he hadn't used the app in the last 9 months, it wouldn't be pinned to the top of his page.

Obviously, I plan on having a calm conversation about all this. But what I want to know beforehand is the logistics of how the app works. Could I be wrong about the app still being there after months of no use?
If the user was not very active, to begin with, is 6 notifications a reasonable number?
Also, he's an incredible creature of habit and he still has items on his dresser and nightstand in the exact same spot they were the first night I went to his house. I could almost see him simply forgetting that he had the app since it is on his personal account.
Or, is it possible to automatically get signed up because your relationship status is single?
Just looking for factual information and personal experience of how the app works

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 02:19 pm
@Kitcat88,
Kitcat88 wrote:

Just looking for factual information and personal experience of how the app works

Why? You clearly don’t trust him any more.

Even if there is an innocent explanation there’ll be something else for you to get concerned about further down the line.

Without trust there is no relationship.
Kitcat88

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you for your response. While you feel like I am an awful person for questioning the situation, someone else will inevitably feel like im an idiot for not immediately dumping his ass.
Which are both only opinions and the reason I'm asking for facts.
I haven't jumped to any conclusions and have every intention of sitting down to an open-minded discussion about it.
Questions and accusations are two different things.
I can see two possibilities here and I'm simply gathering information before the actual conversation.
Without communication, there is no relationship either.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:07 pm
@Kitcat88,
I never said you were an awful person I said there was no trust.

I thought you were concerned with facts.
Kitcat88

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:13 pm
@izzythepush,
And if you have none why are you here?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:20 pm
@Kitcat88,
Because I’m very wise and give out sagacious advice.

You don’t know what facts are, you twist what people say.
Kitcat88

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Is that so?
Because I fail to find any facts or useful advice in any of your responses.
Your trolling is entertaining and all, but I prefer to stick to the original purposes of the post.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:35 pm
@Kitcat88,
Fact, I said there was no trust which you turned into me saying you were an awful person.

Do you do this with everyone?

No wonder there’s no trust.
jespah

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:46 pm
@Kitcat88,
Highly doubtful that FB would sign someone up for their dating app without their (the user's) knowledge or permission. FB would be sued up the yin yang if they pulled that nonsense.

No idea about notification numbers, as of course they would vary.

He should be able to delete the app, just like every single other app.

The fact that he didn't volunteer to do so should tell you something.
0 Replies

Kitcat88

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:55 pm
@izzythepush,
All you did was slapped a "fact" label on your opinion.
I asked for knowledge on the Facebook dating app. I never accused him of anything and clearly stated stated that He and I were going to have a mature monolog about all of this.
Healthy relationships can discuss questionable situations without making it a personal attack.
My first response to you was respectful and clarifying. You continued to drag it on and distract from the actual topic.
Fact. You're trolling. Please move on.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 01:03 am
@Kitcat88,
So you do trust him?

You’re not being polite or respectful when you lie about what someone has just said.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 05:57 am
@Kitcat88,
Kitcat88 wrote:
He and I were going to have a mature monolog about all of this.

Ok, have to admit it, I laughed. I'm pretty sure you meant "dialog" and not "monolog." Unless you intend to stand up in front of him and produce a comedy routine, or bitch at him (which would be a diatribe) you've already brought this to his attention. And he blew you off.

It is what it is. You are making this a personal attack.

It's not going to end well for you.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 10:55 am
I am not on FB anymore and have never used any of its apps or any other dating apps, so I have no idea; however, you might google it because it seems no one here can help you. I found this on google:

"Facebook Dating is available through the Facebook app on Android and iOS. To access your Dating information, please go to the Facebook app on your mobile device, then go to Access Your Information in your Facebook Settings. If you've added Instagram posts or stories to Dating, learn how to access your Instagram data." And this:

"How It Works

Starting today, you can choose to opt into Facebook Dating and create a Dating profile (separate from your main profile) if you’re 18 years or older and have downloaded the most recent version of Facebook. You will be suggested to others who have also opted in. People are suggested based on your preferences, interests and other things you do on Facebook. Facebook Dating isn’t about swiping or having to wait for someone to like you to get a first chance at reaching out. If you are interested in someone, you can comment directly on their profile or tap on the Like button to let them know. If you aren’t interested, you can pass on them. Facebook Dating allows you to match with friends of friends and/or people not in your friend circle. Facebook Dating won’t match you with friends, unless you choose to use Secret Crush and you both add each other to your list. All of your Dating activity will stay in Facebook Dating. It won’t be shared to the rest of Facebook."

And then there's this: https://www.facebook.com/dating/how-to-find/ - it wouldn't let me cut and paste.

So it appears you must sign up for it.

As to your question about how recent these notifications are - you might Google that, too. It doesn't mention anything about that.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2021 09:17 pm
@Kitcat88,
Naturally he played dumb when you caught something questionable. They usually do.
0 Replies