really really really old GED scores

Sebrina

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 01:26 pm
I would like to know about the GED scoring system from 1975. From the looks of mine it doesn't look good, but I passed. How did the scoring go, and what's more pertinent, total score or average score? Confused Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,350 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 01:37 pm
I have a vague recollection that the passing score had to be above 72, but this is information accquired just-in-passing, long, long ago.

I could be wrong.
0 Replies

Sebrina

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 01:59 pm
In that case Noddy I think i feel even worse, 'cause I got way less than that, but the kicker is that I passed!! what's up?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 02:35 pm
I have heard that in the '70's the tests were designed to show the candidates for the GED how much they did not know.

Here again, we're talking ancient history as reconstructed by a falible memory.
0 Replies

Sebrina

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 04:00 am
REALLY REALLY REALLY....
Hey Noddy, now I'm really really really confused!! Confused Does that mean I'm s'posed to score low? Embarrassed or what?? Rolling Eyes How can we really really really find out for sure? Where should I look? I know that since I passed it shouldn't be that big a deal, but now I'm really really really curious. :wink: Thanks so much for all your help. Laughing Very Happy
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 10:02 am
No, you weren't supposed to score low. By passing you have the equivilent of a high school diploma. I've explained the G.E.D. scoring in the other thread on the subject. Read that, and if you have further questions we'll address them.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:12 pm
Asherman's memory and command of facts are probably more accurate than mine.

At one point in Western PA there was a definite feeling among some educators that dropouts needed to have their noses rubbed into what they did not know. A pass--any sort of pass--on the GED required some stored information and some intellectual capacity.

This may have been a purely local phenomenon.
0 Replies

liesa

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:40 am
some one please help i need to get my old ged scores from 1978 how can i do that PLEASE HELP
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:37 am
Liesa--

Where did you live when you took the tests?
0 Replies