clueless?

Lady J

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:26 pm
John Jones wrote:
Lady J wrote:
Clueless? Of course I am. A fool? Quite often. Is your view better than mine? That depends on who's opinion you prefer to take. Am I insulted? Very rarely and definitely not over this.

I am who I am, you are who you are. The complexities of our individual selves at this very moment in time are moot as the evolution of our bodies, minds, experiences, lives make us each oh so beautifully unique.

In your original statement, you can never be a fool. I tip my hat to you. Smile

I am always right, you are who you are and wrong.

Two wrongs do not make a right, but the two Wongs next door made a baby. Perhaps they were right?

::sigh:: Everyone is this world is wrong except for me and thee and most times I wonder about thee... Razz
0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:32 pm
John Jones wrote:

Please read this quickly because all of my posts are being deleted by 'admin' on this thread because they are frank, true and upsetting:

LOL, JJ, are you joshin'? Or is that really happening?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
All you all crazy?
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:24 am
xprmntr2 wrote:
John Jones wrote:

Please read this quickly because all of my posts are being deleted by 'admin' on this thread because they are frank, true and upsetting:

LOL, JJ, are you joshin'? Or is that really happening?

No. I missed the first page. That is not being wrong, however.
0 Replies

val

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 04:48 am
Cyracuz

Quote:
My point with all this was simply to state that in any given problem, any solution might be the right one. I've been nagging about perspective lately, and that is the issue I wanted to adress.

You are wrong. There is always, for a given problem, one and only one solution. The solution comes from the problem and is part of it.

Quote:
More often than not the real discussion is not about reconciling oposite views, but more about comparing intellects. "I hear you, but I'll still say it my way, because that sounds better to me", is a more accurate thing to say, rather than "I am right, and you're wrong".

Wrong again. I say: "Oslo is the capital of Norway". You say: "Oslo is the name of a river in Tanzania". I am right, you are wrong. That is a matter of information.
Even if there was a river in Tanzania named "Oslo", I would still be right. Because the "Oslo" I was thinking was the capital or Norway.
The problem, Cyracuz, is that you must accept the problem as I see it: then you will reach the same right conclusion.
So, if I am thinking Oslo as a city, you must think it as a city. If I think it as a city in Norway, you must think it as a city in Norway. Then, it's easy to reach the conclusion that Oslo is the capital of Norway.

It's a matter of meaning. My meaning. Cool
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:20 am
I am the Emperor of the Shining Light.

I pronounce Oslo a river in Norway, and lo, Oslo is a river in Norway. I am the Emperor and my word will endure for an age sufficient to change the face of mankind.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:53 am
Val, that Oslo is the capital of Norway is not a subject that is up for debate. As you say, it is a matter of information. It was named Oslo.

But...

Why "Oslo"? It used to be called Christiania. That is the original name of the city. So there is grounds to debate wich is the rightful name. So even in this issue, when it comes to the names we give things, there is grounds for discussion.

And no, one problem doesn't just have one solution. Defining the problem defines the solution, as you say, and from there it is a matter of perspective.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:18 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Val, that Oslo is the capital of Norway is not a subject that is up for debate. As you say, it is a matter of information. It was named Oslo.

But...

Why "Oslo"? It used to be called Christiania. That is the original name of the city. So there is grounds to debate wich is the rightful name. So even in this issue, when it comes to the names we give things, there is grounds for discussion.

And no, one problem doesn't just have one solution. Defining the problem defines the solution, as you say, and from there it is a matter of perspective.

You offend me mightily. I dub Oslo a river in Norway and rejoice at your affirmation on my rack of justice.
0 Replies

val

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:44 am
John Jones

Quote:
I pronounce Oslo a river in Norway, and lo, Oslo is a river in Norway. I am the Emperor and my word will endure for an age sufficient to change the face of mankind.

Sorry, Jones, but is that Oslo river near Oslo, the capital of Norway?
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:50 am
val wrote:
John Jones

Quote:

Sorry, Jones, but is that Oslo river near Oslo, the capital of Norway?

No. It's somewhere near Pontypridd, north of Cardiff.
0 Replies

val

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 04:11 am
John Jones

Quote:
No. It's somewhere near Pontypridd, north of Cardiff.

That's okay. I leave you the Oslo (as meaning a river) and you leave me the Oslo (as meaning the capital of Norway).
By the way: is Cardiff a city in Wales or a river in Norway, near the capital, Oslo?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 05:12 am
Oslo is in the middle of tchekoslovakia.
0 Replies

val

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 01:58 am
Cyracuz

There is no Tchekoslovakia!
Now it is the Czech Republic and the Slovaquia. Two independent countries.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:27 am
val wrote:
Cyracuz

There is no Tchekoslovakia!
Now it is the Czech Republic and the Slovaquia. Two independent countries.

Ah, Val, you're improving in geography! Laughing
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:15 am
I know val, but still, oslo is in the middle of chekOSLOvakia...
0 Replies

val

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:27 am
Cyracuz

Yes. From that point of view you are right. You have created a new country. Poor slovaquia! Now it's only vaquia. It was not big, and now divided it again. You vikings never learn! Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:48 am
Sorry pal, but there are no vikings in norway. They all left on some raid. There's only us norwegians, three centuries worth of loot, and every beautiful woman ever come across and stolen by a viking. So we're not complaining.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 08:55 am
val wrote:
John Jones

Quote:

By the way: is Cardiff a city in Wales or a river in Norway, near the capital, Oslo?

There are no limits to Cardiff. Let its name ring out from the smallest cranny's nook to the furthest reaches of the Universe.
0 Replies

Starling

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 06:28 am
Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 12:51 pm
Starling wrote:
Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Sorry. Despite the fact that I am Wittgenstein, I have no talent for sensibly assembling more than two thoughts in a row.
0 Replies