clueless?

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:19 am
My view is better than yours; is it that you are a fool or is it that I am not?

And if you are indeed not a fool you will look past the insult and see the issue at hand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,819 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:09 am
What makes you think your view is better than mine when my view is clearly better than yours?
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:32 pm
Mills75 wrote:
What makes you think your view is better than mine when my view is clearly better than yours?

My view is better than anybody's and that includes you two dumb schmucks.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 08:25 am
Quote:

I don't believe you are wrong, but I don't think I'm wrong either, wich should lead us closer to the point. Smile
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 11:34 am
Cyracuz wrote:

I don't believe you are wrong, but I don't think I'm wrong either, wich should lead us closer to the point. Smile

I am right and it is certain that you are both wrong in unison.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 11:54 am
Clueless? Of course I am. A fool? Quite often. Is your view better than mine? That depends on who's opinion you prefer to take. Am I insulted? Very rarely and definitely not over this.

I am who I am, you are who you are. The complexities of our individual selves at this very moment in time are moot as the evolution of our bodies, minds, experiences, lives make us each oh so beautifully unique.

In your original statement, you can never be a fool. I tip my hat to you. Smile
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 12:46 pm
Lady J wrote:
Clueless? Of course I am. A fool? Quite often. Is your view better than mine? That depends on who's opinion you prefer to take. Am I insulted? Very rarely and definitely not over this.

I am who I am, you are who you are. The complexities of our individual selves at this very moment in time are moot as the evolution of our bodies, minds, experiences, lives make us each oh so beautifully unique.

In your original statement, you can never be a fool. I tip my hat to you. Smile

I am always right, you are who you are and wrong.
0 Replies

Borealis

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:17 pm
A fool?

All a matter of perspective.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:21 pm
As long as you do as I say, I'll let you be right in your
point of view.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:28 pm
in every single point of view,
every single person is wrong.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:31 pm
including you Laughing
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 09:50 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
As long as you do as I say, I'll let you be right in your
point of view.

Funny. My wife has the same philosophy. :wink:
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 09:59 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

But since you believe your view is better than mine, and I believe mine is better than yours, we have mutually exclusive beliefs. How is that you believe neither you nor I am wrong when we both cannot be right simultaneously? The only logical conclusion is that I'm right and your wrong (unless you agree with my view which is the only scenario in which we're both right Very Happy ).
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 10:09 pm
John Jones wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:

AH HAH! But we cannot be wrong in unison since if we are wrong (which I, for certain, am not), we would be wrong differently and discordantly, and not in unison. Thus I have conclusively proven that you are wrong!

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line'."
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 11:05 pm
I'm confused.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:55 am
Ray, that makes you the sanest person on this thread Smile

My point with all this was simply to state that in any given problem, any solution might be the right one. I've been nagging about perspective lately, and that is the issue I wanted to adress.

More often than not the real discussion is not about reconciling oposite views, but more about comparing intellects. "I hear you, but I'll still say it my way, because that sounds better to me", is a more accurate thing to say, rather than "I am right, and you're wrong".

Any thoughs among us fools? Smile
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 12:07 pm
Mills75 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:

AH HAH! But we cannot be wrong in unison since if we are wrong (which I, for certain, am not), we would be wrong differently and discordantly, and not in unison. Thus I have conclusively proven that you are wrong!

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line'."

Please read this quickly because all of my posts are being deleted by 'admin' on this thread because they are frank, true and upsetting:

Just as the Stygian Pit holds all manner of foul demons fighting one against the other, as a tree against its fruit, and stinking in unison, and just as heaven holds all that is true and right, so all of your posts are united in common error whilst my posts shine with the light of truth.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 12:56 pm
"When a man has finally reached the point where he does not think he knows it better than others, that is when he has become indifferent to what they have done badly and he is interested only in what they have done right, then peace and affirmation have come to him." --GWF Hegel

Any coherent system is correct insofar as it is true but incorrect insofar as it is incomplete. If it is logically conceived, then it will be an inherent component of any more unified theory, even if it is currently "wrong" just because it is limited in scope.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:00 am
John Jones wrote:
Just as the Stygian Pit holds all manner of foul demons fighting one against the other, as a tree against its fruit, and stinking in unison, and just as heaven holds all that is true and right, so all of your posts are united in common error whilst my posts shine with the light of truth.

Laughing
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:15 am
shewolfnm wrote:
in every single point of view,
every single person is wrong.

Apart from me. Then you would be right. Until then, you are wrong.
0 Replies