COMFORTABLY NUMB

Diane

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 05:05 pm
Charlie was very real.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:11 pm
I was afraid of that. Sorry to say, the story rang true.

Not that it matters, but how long ago did it happen?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:55 pm
That was a beautiful story Dys., as I was reading I could see the two of you ... also his wife and children on his return.

We never know why people do things like this at a certain time. Charlie probably didn't think about the consequences, or YOUR grief, however, he knew he would be relieved of his personal torture, whatever that may have been.

Peace!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:44 am
dys

You have a nice way with words & your heart's very much in the right place.
0 Replies

YouBetchum

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 09:39 am
Re: COMFORTABLY NUMB
Setanta wrote:

Have you ever been hungry ? I mean truly hungry--have you ever gone more than two days with nothing to eat ?

Have you ever been lonely ? So lonely that you felt a stranger in every crowd, so lonely you contemplated suicide ?

Have you ever been homeless ? Have you ever been on the road or the street with absolutely no idea where you would land, and whether you would land on your feet ?

Have you ever been broke ? Have you ever truly lived from hand to mouth, not knowing from one day to the next if you could buy food, pay the rent, pay the bills, put five bucks in the gas tank ?

What are you like . . .

. . . are you like . . . me ?

There have been times when I wondered how I was going to pay a bill or buy food. I have always been lucky enough to have family around me who would never let me go hungry or homeless. But, while I have never been alone, I have always been lonely.

And yes, I have contemplated suicide because of it. Even flirted with an attempt at it after I knew I would never have a child of my own. The pills I took for the pain of a hysterectomy made it so easy to sleep because they also took away the pain of my sadness. I tried taking an extra pill one night and then 2 extra pills the next night. Sleeping forever seemed like a wonderful way to escape. I think the only reason I didn't continue was because I didn't want to hurt my family.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 09:42 am
You are fortunate in your family, YouBetchum, and i am glad that you gave a thought to them, and remained to give your story to us all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 09:45 am
youbetchum
I'm sorry to read that you have been so lonely. I spent the greater part of my lifetime in an isolated, lonely state and I understand completely how it feels. But, please don't give up. It took a long time for me, but life eventually became tolerable and now a joy. It can happen for you.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 01:58 pm
BM
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » COMFORTABLY NUMB
  3. » Page 9
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:27:36