A MODEST PROPOSAL

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 08:25 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I just think he should be better informed if he wants to keep making his argument.

I am not convinced that these closures are as ill-intentioned as the Democrats claim they are.

I think the Democrats are trying to fabricate a fictional narrative of voter suppression for political reasons.

First, it might help them derail anti-cheating legislation that Republicans are trying to pass.

Second, it might fool some people into believing that their votes are being suppressed, which might motivate some of them them to go out and vote for Democrats.

Third, if both of the above fail to prevent Republicans from winning in the next election, it provides a convenient excuse for the Democrats to blame the loss on.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 08:34 am
@farmerman,
I see a state of neoteny.
oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 08:38 am
@izzythepush,
You engage in childish name-calling because you share farmerman's lack of ability. Neither one of you can post an intelligent argument.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 08:50 am
@oralloy,
You repeat the same phrases over and over again because you have a limited vocabulary.

You even realise this but you can’t do anything about it.

I’ve seen you delete posts then replace them because you lack the ability and imagination to say anything else.

The only person lying about you is you, and the only person stupid enough to believe those lies is also you.

OK Terry.
VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 09:21 am
@oralloy,
I agree with you. We need to eliminate fraud
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 09:49 am
@VABGirl,
VABGirl wrote:

I agree with you. We need to eliminate fraud

I have Oralloy on Ignore, so I do not know what he said that you thought worthwhile enough to agree to. I doubt "eliminate fraud" captures the spirit of what he wrote.

Can you fill me in? I'm interested in what you find approvable.
VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:03 am
@oralloy,
They do alot of harm with policies that arent at all helpful.
VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
This for starters

"I think the Democrats are trying to fabricate a fictional narrative of voter suppression for political reasons."

I dont think you should put people on ignore, we can all disagree and still be friends.
oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:08 am
@VABGirl,
Frank isn't able to disagree and still be friends.

I figure though that if he didn't have me on ignore, he would be savaging me with name-calling instead. So his use of the ignore option isn't all bad.
VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:08 am
@VABGirl,
And this

"Undetected fraud never causes trouble because it remains undetected.

It is still a very bad thing. People lose their democracy without even realizing it."
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:10 am
@VABGirl,
VABGirl wrote:
They do alot of harm with policies that arent at all helpful.

I know. Thankfully they don't have absolute power in America. The Republicans do much to check progressives' ability to harm people. So do the courts, and civil liberties groups like the NRA.
VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:11 am
@oralloy,
I like to stay out of politics because it gets so heated. Im a conservative but one of my best friends is a very far left teachers union member. We should be willing to listen to each other.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:12 am
@oralloy,
I agree, but lets listen to the other side.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 06:27 am
@VABGirl,
Conservatives have always listened to the other side.

The problem has always been that progressives are unwilling to listen to the other side.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 06:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You repeat the same phrases over and over again because you have a limited vocabulary.

Wrong. It's because I'm addressing the same things, which get repeated over and over again by people like you and farmerman.

izzythepush wrote:
I’ve seen you delete posts then replace them because you lack the ability and imagination to say anything else.

You shouldn't try to draw conclusions about why people do things. You aren't smart enough to pull it off.

izzythepush wrote:
The only person lying about you is you, and the only person stupid enough to believe those lies is also you.

Nope. Everything that I say is true. You and farmerman are the only liars here.

You two may well be stupid enough to believe your lies. I'll withhold judgement on that question.

izzythepush wrote:
OK Terry.

You shouldn't falsely accuse people of your own stupidity duncecap.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 06:47 am
Two days to come up with that.

I don’t know why he bothers, I really don’t.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 06:59 am
@izzythepush,
Another lie on your part.

Not that anyone expects honesty from you.
VABGirl

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:36 pm
@oralloy,
Keep up the good fight.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:38 pm
@oralloy,
I always listen to good ideas.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:47 pm
@VABGirl,
Conservatives always do.

1. Forums
  2. » A MODEST PROPOSAL
  3. » Page 8
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:22:59