A MODEST PROPOSAL

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 12:23 pm
@Brandon9000,
People should not have to queue up for hours on end.

There should not be a need for people to give them water.

That’s the scandal.
roger

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 01:52 pm
@Brandon9000,
Offering water to a thirsty person is somehow screwing with them? Like people are going to stand in line to vote for a drink of water? I wonder if you have to belong to the right party to get a drink.
oralloy

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 04:45 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Offering water to a thirsty person is somehow screwing with them?

Yes, if the person who is "offering water" is really there to provide misinformation to voters or trying to pressure them somehow.

roger wrote:
Like people are going to stand in line to vote for a drink of water?

No.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 06:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

People should not have to queue up for hours on end.

There should not be a need for people to give them water.

That’s the scandal.

I agree with that. If you can't run an election properly, don't try.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 06:23 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Offering water to a thirsty person is somehow screwing with them?...

I said no such thing. I said that some political operatives who wanted do something improper with people waiting in line to vote might do so under the guise of distributing water.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 12:31 am
@Brandon9000,
What does that mean?

That they should do away with elections altogether?
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 02:51 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What does that mean?

That they should do away with elections altogether?

It means that people should not have to queue up for hours on end. If the people who run the elections cannot accomplish that, perhaps they should give someone else a chance.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 02:56 pm
@Brandon9000,
I think they’re fully capable of running an election but they’re placing voting restrictions in certain areas and demographics in order to skew the election.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 08:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I think they’re fully capable of running an election but they’re placing voting restrictions in certain areas and demographics in order to skew the election.

Can you give one specific example, please?
oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 09:45 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I think they're fully capable of running an election but they're placing voting restrictions in certain areas and demographics in order to skew the election.

No. Their motive is genuinely to make it impossible for Democrats to cheat. It's a Herculean task.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 01:26 am
@Brandon9000,
People are queuing up for hours on end to vote.

That not example enough for you?
hightor

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 04:20 am
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.CjzDLLPggeyegW7R4CJ6eQHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1 https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi163.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ft306%2Fshakesville%2Fcaptd71c3cc1709c4a708e7591e2193d92d.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2FhJP14-VOlIzNFm3Qv9GUCvllzUM%3D%2F0x0%3A3000x1997%2F1200x800%2Ffilters%3Afocal(2140x40%3A2620x520)%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_image%2Fimage%2F51736227%2F621763590.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Cc67suRd2X6rTQvpLPgzOAHaCh%26pid%3DApi&f=1
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 05:01 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
People are queuing up for hours on end to vote.

That not example enough for you?
That could be due to all kinds of reasons. I want you to give one example for your claim that "they’re placing voting restrictions in certain areas and demographics in order to skew the election."

You claim all sorts of defamatory things about my party, but squeal like a baby if asked to back them up with a particle of evidence. You lose. I win.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 05:09 am
@Brandon9000,
I want you to give proof that it has nothing to do with demographics.

Hightor’s photos show black people queuing up.

I don’t know what you think you’ve won, all you’ve done is sealion and refuse to engage with the point.

You claim black people being forced to queue for hours on end has nothing to do with voter restriction and everything to do with incompetence of local officials.

Where’s your evidence?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 05:14 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Where’s your evidence?
too late, he already flushed it...
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 07:50 am
States across the American South have closed nearly 1,200 polling places since the Supreme Court weakened a landmark voting-discrimination law in 2013, according to a report released by a civil-rights group on Tuesday.

Polling Places in Black Communities Continue to Close Ahead of November Elections

Closed voting sites hit minority counties harder for busy midterm elections

Polling places for urban voters of color would be cut under Texas Senate's version of voting bill being negotiated with House
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 05:01 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don’t know what you think you’ve won, all you’ve done is sealion and refuse to engage with the point.

You claim black people being forced to queue for hours on end has nothing to do with voter restriction and everything to do with incompetence of local officials.

Where’s your evidence?

I didn't claim any of those things. You, however, claimed that this is happening. If you claim that the Moon is made of green cheese and I ask you to present a particle of evidence, your universal response, rather than giving evidence, is to say, "Prove that the Moon isn't made of green cheese." That's not how it works. People making claims need to support them. You continue to squeal like a baby when asked merely to support what you claim. You claim that conservatives are trying to pass laws stopping eligible people from voting and not only that but that it's widespread, yet are unable to give even one single example. People who make claims for which they have not even one atom of evidence lose the argument.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 05:08 am
@Brandon9000,
You are claiming there is no problem with your electoral process and when you are shown clear evidence of voter restriction with lots of black people being forced to queue up to vote you dismiss it as something else.

You’re an ostrich, as soon as you’re confronted with something which doesn’t quite fit with your world view your head goes right back in the sand.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 05:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You are claiming there is no problem with your electoral process and when you are shown clear evidence of voter restriction with lots of black people being forced to queue up to vote you dismiss it as something else.

You’re an ostrich, as soon as you’re confronted with something which doesn’t quite fit with your world view your head goes right back in the sand.

The queuing could have lots of causes. You've claimed that people, presumably conservatives, are trying to pass laws stopping eligible voters from voting, but have not been able to give even one single example. You lose.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 05:38 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Where’s your evidence?

I didn't claim any of those things. You, however, claimed that this is happening. If you claim that the Moon is made of green cheese and I ask you to present a particle of evidence, your universal response, rather than giving evidence, is to say, "Prove that the Moon isn't made of green cheese." That's not how it works. People making claims need to support them. You continue to squeal like a baby when asked merely to support what you claim. You claim that conservatives are trying to pass laws stopping eligible people from voting and not only that but that it's widespread, yet are unable to give even one single example. People who make claims for which they have not even one atom of evidence lose the argument.

Anyone who does not see that American conservatives are trying to pass laws that prevent certain people from voting...is willfully blind, Brandon.

You are being willfully blind.

If this were the late 19th/early 20th century American South...you would still be asking the idiotic questions you are asking.

Open your eyes...and actually see the reason for the restrictive laws being passed...and stop kidding yourself.

What you are doing does not make you look open-minded...it makes you look like a fool.

1. Forums
  2. » A MODEST PROPOSAL
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:18:52