A MODEST PROPOSAL

izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 12:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Did you expect me to collect proof for every one of the states in which it was true?

No, because it’s not true in all of them.

I’ll try to make it easy, there are fifty US states. It doesn’t matter if two or five or seventeen or even forty nine allow automatic postal voting, if all fifty don’t you can’t say that all eligible US citizens are automatically entitled to a postal vote like all UK citizens currently are.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 10:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The GOP may want to start a new Civil war by its recent interests in takinh away th right to vote from citizens of color and to control the way that votes are counted. This is worrisome since the end of our Republic could be in sight.
Heres my proposal. Since most all of this crap is being fomented by the GOP , lets all re register as GOP so we have a chance to select the candidates in the primaries. That was we can make sure the real wackadoos that many of the ultra conservativs and the near Nazis like, are not gonna urvive a tight primary.

Maybe the moderate wing of the GOP can re-emerge as an adult group that understands and enbraces theUS Constitution.

Even if every single African America person of voting age voted for the same candidate, they would not be enough to sway any election. They make up 13% of the country and they hardly vote as a single block. To think that there is an actual effort by anyone to thwart this vote is ridiculous.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 11:39 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
All UK eligible citizens are automatically entitled to a postal vote.

That is not the case in the US. It may occur in some states, but it doesn’t occur in all of them.

That is a point you have still not addressed because you don’t do things like that you prefer to waste time by bringing up irrelevant stuff.

And before you go off on another tangent by eligible citizens I mean people allowed to vote which is most people over 18.

It is not all states, but many of them. Here's another, New Jersey:

"Murphy said he will sign an executive order calling for all registered voters to get a ballot beginning Oct. 5 along with a prepaid return envelope. In-person voting will still be available on a limited basis."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/november-elections-in-new-jersey-to-be-conducted-by-mail-murphy-says/2567665/

You said that American citizens had to meet criteria to get a ballot and I have disproven that, but you never really admit being wrong, do you? You just call people names.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 01:15 am
@Brandon9000,
So ******* what?

There are states where people have to queue up for hours on end just to vote.

This is what you always too, too afraid to tackle the issues concerned you go off on a tangent.

Do you support the laws in Georgia where you can be arrested for giving people water?

I don’t expect an answer btw, I know you’d rather talk about something else.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 01:31 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

You said that American citizens had to meet criteria to get a ballot and I have disproven that, but you never really admit being wrong, do you? You just call people names.

You are a liar.

All you have proven is that you are a liar.

Some Americans may be automatically entitled to vote but not all are.

States like Georgia have enacted anti voting laws, and on that issue the deafening silence.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 02:30 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Do you support the laws in Georgia where you can be arrested for giving people water?

Yes. I do indeed support such laws.

I don't think Brandon is a liar. I think you guys are making entirely different points and are talking past each other.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 03:17 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

farmerman wrote:

The GOP may want to start a new Civil war by its recent interests in takinh away th right to vote from citizens of color and to control the way that votes are counted. This is worrisome since the end of our Republic could be in sight.
Heres my proposal. Since most all of this crap is being fomented by the GOP , lets all re register as GOP so we have a chance to select the candidates in the primaries. That was we can make sure the real wackadoos that many of the ultra conservativs and the near Nazis like, are not gonna urvive a tight primary.

Maybe the moderate wing of the GOP can re-emerge as an adult group that understands and enbraces theUS Constitution.

Even if every single African America person of voting age voted for the same candidate, they would not be enough to sway any election. They make up 13% of the country and they hardly vote as a single block. To think that there is an actual effort by anyone to thwart this vote is ridiculous.

To suppose there is no such effort...is insanity...or American conservatism. (But I repeat myself.)
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 03:36 am
@oralloy,
Your hatred of democracy is a matter of record.

As is your racism and fascism.

I interested in what rational people think.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 03:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Despite his protestations to the contrary, when push comes to shove McGentrix always supports the racists.

Although it’s usually accompanied with a lot more hand wringing than this.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 03:40 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Despite his protestations to the contrary, when push comes to shove McGentrix always supports the racists.

Although it’s usually accompanied with a lot more hand wringing than this.

Could be, Izzy.

I remember McG being much more rational in the old days. Not sure what is happening with him, but it ain't good.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 04:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
He will talk out against racism, and even chastise those other right wing posters who espouse racist ideology, but it’s all very general.

Whenever something specific is discussed, like the racist legislation being enacted in states like Georgia, he does a volte face, says it’s not racist and changes the subject.

I remember a while back he was complaining about being lumped in with a load of racists because he shared about 90% of their ideology.

The fault wasn’t with him though, it was us for not seeing the incredibly nuanced position between him and overt racists. The position being so nuanced you couldn’t fit a fag paper between the two.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 05:23 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Even if every single African America person of voting age voted for the same candidate, they would not be enough to sway any election. They make up 13% of the country and they hardly vote as a single block.

That's true in national and statewide elections but not for the House where individual legislative districts vote for one candidate. That's where gerrymandering and voter suppression are used to shape favorable results for one party. There's no way "every single African America person of voting age" can vote for the same candidate in any contest other than a presidential election. And, because of the Electoral College, Democratic votes in "red" states and Republican votes in "blue" states are, effectively, ignored.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 06:09 am
@McGentrix,
the fact that blacks are an intended target of disnfranhisement by the GOP, My opening remark stated that "LETS ALL REREGISTER AS GOP". Numbers count . Im appealing for our better angels of common ense. When candidates openly lie to their constituents and rrange facts (Like Jan 6 was a normal tourist visit to the capitol).
We need some help so our emocratic republic dosnt go up in smoke and were left with a nation of brown shirts.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 02:43 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
So ******* what?

There are states where people have to queue up for hours on end just to vote.

This is what you always too, too afraid to tackle the issues concerned you go off on a tangent.

I don’t expect an answer btw, I know you’d rather talk about something else.

I won't help you change the subject when you're losing, regardless of the merits of the other subject. You objected to something I had said, based on your false claim that American citizens had to meet criteria to get mail-in ballots. You even called me a liar for saying it wasn't true. I have now proven that lots of names on the voter lists were sent ballots regardless of any other criteria, but you still act like I was the one who was wrong.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 02:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
And now we go around in circles.

It’s a lot easier than answering the question about Georgia.

I’m starting to think talking to you is pointless.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 02:55 pm
@Brandon9000,
You are wrong. People are only automatically entitled to postal votes in certain states, not across America.

In certain states strict criteria have to be met and there is a limited number of polling stations resulting in long queues.

You don’t want to talk about that, even though that is what the Democrats are targeting, instead you talk about those states that would not be affected.

Tell you what, I’ll claim you were correct. I was totally wrong when I said that no American ever was entitled to a postal vote ever and you were totally correct when you said some Americans do have postal votes.

Now can you answer the question about Georgia and those other Republican states that do restrict voting?

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 07:28 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And now we go around in circles.

It’s a lot easier than answering the question about Georgia.....

A classic trick of people losing an argument is to change the subject and I won't let you get away with it. I'm happy to discuss the other subjects another time, but right now, we're talking about your claim that people didn't get mail-in ballots unless they met certain criteria. You were wrong. Many states sent out ballots based on voter rolls, and that includes people who had died and people who had moved away.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 07:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
...Tell you what, I’ll claim you were correct. I was totally wrong when I said that no American ever was entitled to a postal vote ever and you were totally correct when you said some Americans do have postal votes.

Now can you answer the question about Georgia and those other Republican states that do restrict voting?

Fair enough. I'm not sure if I knew that only certain states sent out unsolicited ballots.

As for the Georgia/water thing, the intent of the law was not to prevent people from drinking water. The intent was to prevent political operatives from screwing with people as they waited in line to vote. It was only within a certain distance from the voting machines. The new law allows poll workers to set up self-serve water stations for voters to use.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 03:11 am
@Brandon9000,
Giving people water isn’t screwing with voters.

Forcing people to die of thirst does far more than that.

It’s disgusting and it’s fascistic.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 12:19 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Giving people water isn’t screwing with voters.

Forcing people to die of thirst does far more than that.

It’s disgusting and it’s fascistic.

The law was not motivated by people who benignly donate their time and money to dispense water. It was motivated by other people who try to coerce and trick people standing in line for voting under the guise of dispensing water. If waiting in a line to vote causes you to die of thirst, then you would probably have died before the age of 18 from numerous things people normally do in their lives. The law basically says that once people are in the voting line, no further screwing with them is allowed.

1. Forums
  2. » A MODEST PROPOSAL
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:54:40