A MODEST PROPOSAL

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 06:57 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Millions of people believe that cheating played a big role in the 2020 election and I'm one of them.

I don't blame you for coming to this conclusion since you probably hear it on a near daily basis from friends and particular media sources. But there's an explanation. Republicans have a difficult time electing presidents and consistently fail to win the popular vote. If they can't grow their constituency they need to reduce the voting power of their opposition. Complaints about electoral fraud by Republican aren't new, and there are always isolated cases of dead people on voting lists, a misplaced folder full of ballots, or some guy altering his wife's absentee ballot to give some credence to the claims. But the sort of widespread carefully coordinated fraud claimed to have happened in '20 is simply too far-fetched to be believable. That's why all the cases have been thrown out of court.

Really? Specifically which cases were thrown out due to lack of merit as opposed to lack of standing or other technical grounds? Giuliani has hundreds of affidavits from people who witnessed fraud. In which specific court cases was he allowed to introduce them into evidence?

hightor wrote:

Let me pose two questions:

1. During his whole term, Trump's popularity never broke 50% and was usually in the low to mid 40s — and that's the percentage of the vote he received in '20. Why would you expect his ratings to suddenly climb above his historic level of approval?

2. If the Democrats were able to change the results in the 2020 election why didn't they also gain more seats in Congress? What would be the sense in making Biden president but not giving him the support he'd need in order to make good on his promises and put his plans into action? If they were smart enough to change results at the top of the ticket, why didn't they apply their techniques to lower level races and give Biden a commanding majority?

For #1 - Prior to the 2016 election, the polls all said that Trump was going down to an historic defeat. I don't know how you can mess up a poll, but apparently they can. Anyway, I'm not claiming he would have won by a landslide or anything like that - only that there was probably a lot of cheating.

For #2 - I would imagine the cheaters didn't fix all of the Congressional races in addition to the presidential race because they simply didn't have the bandwidth. I suspect major cheating and I think it must have been lots of different groups doing it.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 07:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

We’ve always had the option of postal voting.

I’ve never had to show id to vote either.

I don’t live in a fascist state.

Who issues your id?

Who decides who is allowed to vote?

It’s fascism pure and simple, you want to deny people who are not like you the right to vote.

At least be honest.

We have also had mail-in voting for a long time, but you had to have a special situation that would keep you from being at a polling place and you had to apply for a ballot to be sent to you specifically. In this election, anyone could vote by mail at will and ballots were sent out proactively to everyone.

You also forgot many items from my list like unsupervised ballot drop boxes.

As for your claim that I'm a racist, arguments based on reading someone's mind are invalid. This is just one of the usual crutches of the left - accuse someone of something horrible rather than argue your point honorably based on logic and evidence.

An election in which anyone could cheat if he wanted to is an invalid election.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:37 pm
Is there some sort of permission Max has been granted to insult me every time he gets his shorts in a knot? I haven't said anything on this thread, all I have been doing is reading along. It gets tiresome, I already feel pressured to avoid any thread he decides to take over, and I'm a little sick of it. What's the point of limiting my interactions, it's apparent he has a stick up his butt and doesn't want to have it removed. My message to Max is.......... try not to get hysterical, not everything is about you............stop using me an excuse for your behavior.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Sigh.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:57 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm sick of your crybaby antics. Leave me out of your delusions of universal scorn.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Now, now sweetheart. I see you are upset. But can we just drop this and move on? I will give you one last response, which I won't respond to, so you can get whatever is bothering you off of your chest.

Then, let's see if we can get back on topic.
Mame

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:06 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't know why he tied you in with me but if he wants to be considered 'intelligent' (as he is obviously striving to be), he wouldn't.

You're right. You have said nothing in this thread to date. And as to either of us 'following him from thread to thread', well, I have him on Ignore, so that pretty much solves that.

If we disagree with him and our name is not "XXXXX", whom he considers his friend and therefore inviolate (not to mention sucking up to), we are going to get these slams.

I say, let's chat about this over coffee tomorrow. I'm having an espresso... et tu?
Mame

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Now, now sweetheart.

Doesn't matter what thread you go into, you try your best to insult women. You are the most condescending jerk I've met on here in a long time. And no, you haven't worked me up, sorry - you've just shown everyone who you are.
Mame

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:10 pm
Sorry, FM, for derailing your post.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:19 pm
@Mame,
It will have to be later, grand daughter baby g'bag will be gracing our abode around 2 PM EST. Perhaps we should meet up with the rest of the in crowd later and quaff a few glasses of wine. I hear the group will be picking another leader, and I know how much you love the campaign speeches. However, they will be checking packages at the door, so no smuggling in rotten eggs or whoopee cushions this time. It's a classy gathering, don't you know.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:22 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Now, now sweetheart.

Doesn't matter what thread you go into, you try your best to insult women. You are the most condescending jerk I've met on here in a long time. And no, you haven't worked me up, sorry - you've just shown everyone who you are.

I will let you have this one, even though I wasnt the one who started this little slap fight.

Now can we please stop doing this in thread after thread after thread?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Wait - what? You had me at 'wine'. I'm in! You take your time, enjoy your family and I will lunch with a friend, walk my ancient doggies and feed my birds.

Always classy at your house, no matter the reason Smile
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 01:54 am
@Brandon9000,
You’re being dishonest, people are not automatically entitled to postal votes like they are over here there are conditions that need to be satisfied.

Can’t say I’m surprised. Lies are all you have.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 03:58 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

hightor wrote:

Quote:
Millions of people believe that cheating played a big role in the 2020 election and I'm one of them.

I don't blame you for coming to this conclusion since you probably hear it on a near daily basis from friends and particular media sources. But there's an explanation. Republicans have a difficult time electing presidents and consistently fail to win the popular vote. If they can't grow their constituency they need to reduce the voting power of their opposition. Complaints about electoral fraud by Republican aren't new, and there are always isolated cases of dead people on voting lists, a misplaced folder full of ballots, or some guy altering his wife's absentee ballot to give some credence to the claims. But the sort of widespread carefully coordinated fraud claimed to have happened in '20 is simply too far-fetched to be believable. That's why all the cases have been thrown out of court.

Really? Specifically which cases were thrown out due to lack of merit as opposed to lack of standing or other technical grounds? Giuliani has hundreds of affidavits from people who witnessed fraud. In which specific court cases was he allowed to introduce them into evidence?

hightor wrote:

Let me pose two questions:

1. During his whole term, Trump's popularity never broke 50% and was usually in the low to mid 40s — and that's the percentage of the vote he received in '20. Why would you expect his ratings to suddenly climb above his historic level of approval?

2. If the Democrats were able to change the results in the 2020 election why didn't they also gain more seats in Congress? What would be the sense in making Biden president but not giving him the support he'd need in order to make good on his promises and put his plans into action? If they were smart enough to change results at the top of the ticket, why didn't they apply their techniques to lower level races and give Biden a commanding majority?

For #1 - Prior to the 2016 election, the polls all said that Trump was going down to an historic defeat. I don't know how you can mess up a poll, but apparently they can. Anyway, I'm not claiming he would have won by a landslide or anything like that - only that there was probably a lot of cheating.

For #2 - I would imagine the cheaters didn't fix all of the Congressional races in addition to the presidential race because they simply didn't have the bandwidth. I suspect major cheating and I think it must have been lots of different groups doing it.

Undoubtedly there was SOME cheating (not major), it seems there is some cheating in every election. So far, though, the only verified cases were of a few Republicans cheating in favor of Trump.

If the Democrats were clever enough to get over 6,000,000 extra votes for their presidential candidate by "cheating", they are the party I want to see in power, because they obviously are very competent. If the Republicans were unable to stop the Democrats from getting over 6,000,000 cheating votes...I do not want them anywhere near the wheels of power, because they obviously are massively incompetent.

By the way, there was NO WAY most of the polls showed that Trump was "going down in a historic defeat" in 2016. They showed that the popular vote was going to be heavy in favor of Hillary Clinton (which it was by 3,000,000 votes) but that the Electoral College, which favors the Republican Party, would be close. Why do you still peddle that nonsense?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:20 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You’re being dishonest, people are not automatically entitled to postal votes like they are over here there are conditions that need to be satisfied.

Can’t say I’m surprised. Lies are all you have.

For example, in Colorado:

"Ballots will be arriving in all registered voters’ mailboxes as early as next week."

https://www.5280.com/2020/10/its-simple-to-vote-by-mail-in-colorado/

In California:

"Vote-by-mail ballots have been mailed to all purportedly "Active" registrants."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/440-000-questionable-ballots-mailed-out-in-californias-election-301154985.html
izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:39 am
@Brandon9000,
Cherry picking. People are not automatically entitled to postal votes, they have to fulfil certain criteria.

You know that’s true but instead of acknowledging it you try to slow things down. Instead of debating your electoral system you want me to spend all my time fact checking something you already know.

It’s called sealioning and it’s sneaky. At least I know there’s no point talking to you because you’d rather live in a fantasy world than deal with reality.
oralloy

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 02:12 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
People are not automatically entitled to postal votes, they have to fulfil certain criteria.

They are in some states. The Democrats have been pushing nonsense like that.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 02:19 am
@oralloy,
They aren’t in all states.

So all people aren’t automatically entitled to postal votes just certain states.

All this just to confirm I am telling the truth while you’re desperately trying to muddy the waters.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Cherry picking. People are not automatically entitled to postal votes, they have to fulfil certain criteria.

You know that’s true but instead of acknowledging it you try to slow things down. Instead of debating your electoral system you want me to spend all my time fact checking something you already know.

It’s called sealioning and it’s sneaky. At least I know there’s no point talking to you because you’d rather live in a fantasy world than deal with reality.

You told me that Americans did not receive ballots in the last election unless they met certain criteria. I gave you two counter-examples. I gave you proof that every name on the voter rolls was sent a ballot automatically in two states. This directly disproves your statement. Did you expect me to collect proof for every one of the states in which it was true?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 12:30 pm
@Brandon9000,
All UK eligible citizens are automatically entitled to a postal vote.

That is not the case in the US. It may occur in some states, but it doesn’t occur in all of them.

That is a point you have still not addressed because you don’t do things like that you prefer to waste time by bringing up irrelevant stuff.

And before you go off on another tangent by eligible citizens I mean people allowed to vote which is most people over 18.

1. Forums
  2. » A MODEST PROPOSAL
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:06:28