Ode to a friend... just because

Mame

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 10:42 pm
I have this friend...

She has a perfect lawn... she has a perfect garden... everything in its place -- what? a weed? Damn you or she will out out you with a garden tool.

Her kitchen is perfect, too - recently redone... many hours with contractors discussing everything from floors to lighting - glad it was her and not me

Her life is very organized...as much as possible.. people, don't you know, keeping popping in and out and up and down to derail her life but still she soldiers on

How are we even friends? Me, with the disorganized yet fulfilling wild garden - dandelions amongst the calendula and the cilantro not supposed to be where it is? My life of many interests... golf, tennis, art projects, learning languages, volunteering, multiple careers... crazy friends, what-have-you.

But when we talk, all this 'stuff' is irrelevant. She's such a gracious person and the connection is strong.

Love this woman. We're so different... and she, of no name, will know who she is.

But... don't want her looking too closely at my weeds! Just sayin'!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,064 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2021 05:10 am
@Mame,
Perhaps in her overly structured world you are a breath of fresh air. You are her chance to relax and not feel any pressure. You are her “cookie person” where she can tell you anything and you don’t judge or correct. You must be a good listener. We all need one of you in our lives!
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2021 06:56 am
@Mame,
Well one thing for sure this is not me!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2021 10:34 am
@Mame,
Well I am glad you have a new friend and brought it up!
As much odes to friendship as the world can raise! Cheers!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2021 11:08 am
@PUNKEY,
I don't know that I'd say she lives in an overly structured world ... she's just one of those people who love living in an organized life - and my world is not that much of a mess - I'm just less concerned about structure. I have another friend who lives in a soap opera - drama, drama, drama - it takes all kinds.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2021 05:00 am
@Mame,
This thread kinda reminds me of A. A. Milne:

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them"

Right? Lol
Mame

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2021 06:54 am
@Joeblow,
Wink
0 Replies