Sexual Harassment Redefined

Baldimo

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:55 pm
blatham wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
just gonna latch on to that "touch suggestively" thing aren't ya blatham ?

DTOM

I SO don't have a problem with folks in a work (or any such) environment getting educated on harrassment issues. Likewise, I have no problem with ensuring fairness in the workplace when the boss is humping Suzy Secretary. Recent stats have come out on unwanted molestations of females in the US military which make me want to take that whole damned institution and drown it in the bathtub.

Support the troops blatham. Who ever said you were not doing so was wrong I guess. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:34 am
Baldimo wrote:
blatham wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
just gonna latch on to that "touch suggestively" thing aren't ya blatham ?

DTOM

I SO don't have a problem with folks in a work (or any such) environment getting educated on harrassment issues. Likewise, I have no problem with ensuring fairness in the workplace when the boss is humping Suzy Secretary. Recent stats have come out on unwanted molestations of females in the US military which make me want to take that whole damned institution and drown it in the bathtub.

Support the troops blatham. Who ever said you were not doing so was wrong I guess. Rolling Eyes

Represent, girlfriend. You are so the image of the modern military.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:45 am
I don't think, Sexual Harassment was redefined at all:

the California Supreme Court ruled that a boss's sexual affairs with subordinates may result in the sexual harassment of other employees in violation of the state's Fair Employment and Housing Act.

PDF texts of

California Supreme Court ruling

Calfornia Fair Employment and Housing Act

In this case, where two former state prison employees alleged that the warden was having affairs with several women who were treated in a favored manner, the Supreme Court stated - correctly, IMHO - that when such sexual favoritism is widespread it may constitute a hostile work environment.
0 Replies

apprentice

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 01:01 am
@Baldimo,
The employer has influence, moral ascendancy and authority over the employees that even if the former has not done any sexual favors, any sexual acts or advances may still be considered as sexual harassment.
mm25075

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 11:41 pm
@apprentice,
I was a co-worker of someone who had relations with a direct superior. It created havoc in my job when I was promoted as an equal to the supervisor. He used his cooerceive influence to undermine me in the new position.

The sexual harassment didn't happen to me directly, but as a result of the relationship between them, it DID affect. Perhaps would be better categorized as 'creating a hostile work environment'
0 Replies

Katheline Lee

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 10:17 am
@Baldimo,
I came to this forum literally to read about this problem. It's been years since the topic was started but the problem still exists even in 2019
0 Replies