How corporations taxed the upper middle class such that they trumped classical governements.

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 11:34 am
I have being thinking about this in a very indirect way and I may well be on wrong here, but it has come to my attention this impression that high end products, top hardware and software tends to become obsolete way faster then low end products...as I said it might be just a misperception on my end but I see the pattern. It makes sense from a economical perspective, after all the little money that is left is on the middle class and the top bottom still needs access to functional products to have a chance at proving themselves and rise.

If this is not the practice it should be as far as I am concerned...
Of course ideally taxing the ultra rich by having a global information network to know where the money is and came from such that the plain field is level for all corps so they can compete on equal footing while keep serving Humanity is also the goal.

But setting that aside on the planning for what goes into the production line, fashion should hyping consume products and thus have a very low duration while low end products should be more durable to avoid overloading the lower poorer end of Society.

My point to corporations is if you are going for the marketing jugular in Society do it to the upper middle class and mitigate it at the top bottom such that you don't destroy the golden goose completely. Oh and start paying taxes when you can compete while paying them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,077 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 11:40 am
@Albuquerque,
Since humans are copycats and tend to want what the top wants we need some tricks of marketing to separate the trends in consume for the two groups...
Simple reliable and durable is the emphasis for the mass market, while new, limited edition, colour bound flashy and sleek should be the trend to catch the kitsch upper middle class.

If this alone doesn't help firmware updates should come into play to force it.
I am not deliberately inviting companies to push firmware that brakes your smartphone faster or you car, but rather to make late updates in firmware to old products such that they run more stable and keep circulating at the lower end...this would also solve a great deal of needless consumerism pollution since it would end the throw away what you bought last year and would boost the second hand market to avoid trashing perfectly functional tech.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 11:56 am
Sadly in the early 90's Zara reashed this consume and throw away to a whole new level but did it to to the lower end of Society and the whole Industry followed. The consequences have been terrible ever since.
The marketing teams should have some talks with adepts of sustainable economies and Sociologists to learn where they should bait and bite and where they shouldn't... I still sustain the thesis that very recently this might have been changing for the better. I just had 2 old smartphones resurrect back to life after being comatose for a long time with some recent firmware updates.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 12:24 pm
Post Scriptum - If you thought I was going to talk about Tech companies, Big Data, Monopolies, fake competition, and all the usual jazz that lead us to where we are right now I apologize the tittle was overhyped and was just the starting thought that led me to speak about more recent nuanced trends.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 06:53 am
@Albuquerque,
Fil. You know the 'Platonic' accord. Keep them in the 'cave' until they become redundant to the 'agenda' - Then 'Dispose' of them, by 'Any' means.
I know you know.
Have a lovely Day
0 Replies