The Clueless Are Clueless That They're Clueless

Letty

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:39 pm
Laughing

Night, yawl!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 03:25 am
The report Walt has highlighted certainly confirms what I see and hear in the pub.The most ridiculous ideas are often expressed with overweening self-confidence and opposition to them is usually deemed either "stupid" or "crackers".

Such is life.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 05:18 am
spendius wrote:
The report Walt has highlighted certainly confirms what I see and hear in the pub.The most ridiculous ideas are often expressed with overweening self-confidence and opposition to them is usually deemed either "stupid" or "crackers".

Such is life.

Obviously then, my expose of the researchers experimental irrationale is also crackers.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 05:51 am
Well JJ-I don't feel like I said exactly that.I took your point.It was perfectly valid.I agree that the methods these type of researchers use is often questionable.
All I was saying was that I found the conclusion,rough and ready as it is,to fit the facts of my daily discourse.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 10:51 am
spendius wrote:
Well JJ-I don't feel like I said exactly that.I took your point.It was perfectly valid.I agree that the methods these type of researchers use is often questionable.
All I was saying was that I found the conclusion,rough and ready as it is,to fit the facts of my daily discourse.

Fair enough. A man ran screaming into the pub 'the sun will rise tomorrow, the sun will rise tomorrow!' knocked some glasses over and jumped out through the window, shouting all the while down the street. I find his conclusions useful as they fit the facts of my day to day life.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 08:51 am
Do we really need tests to verify what the world has done to us? We are raised thinking that we'll all be rich one day, that we're all special, unique, one of a kind. This could be avoided if we were more honest with eachother, less afraid of telling people that they suck when they really do.

An example. Where I live there are exceptionally many guitarists, and at every gathering there is always some thinking they are the best, eagerly showing off. This is because they've learned to play their favorite music. Then come one who really knows how to play, not just strum a few chords, and the result is that all the others are discouraged. Now, in the world of the mediocre-man in wich we're living, the act of taking the confidence away from all these mediocre players is considered a bad thing.
0 Replies