A Sad, Pathetic America

izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 08:55 am
@snood,
How about Escape to Victory?

It stars Sylvester Stallone, Michael Caine, Max Von Sydow and Pele.

It has it all, War and Football.
snood

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 08:57 am
@izzythepush,
Never seen it, but I remember seeing some commercials about it when came out.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 09:02 am
@izzythepush,

good flick.

Stallone plays goalie...
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 09:37 am
@Region Philbis,
Good ending, too, do they escape or win the match?
jespah

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 09:53 am
@izzythepush,
IIRC they escape.

I'm an escape film buff - Stalag 17, Von Ryan's Express, The Horse, The Great Escape.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 10:12 am
@jespah,
The Colditz Story is a film made shortly after the war.

In the 70s the BBC did a series on Colditz which inspired a board game Escape From Colditz.

I don’t know if the BBC series is still available.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 10:32 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

You should give Ryan another look. The Omaha Beach scene at the start is pretty gruesome, but it’s not like that all the way through.

Have you seen the WWII movie Fury, with Brad Pitt as the tank commander? It might be the best war movie I’ve seen.

I saw Fury and you're right. Fantastic flick....
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 31 May, 2021 02:16 pm
@nycdad,
Follow Jesus

... And be bitter, hateful, small-minded and nasty.

What a testimony this thread makes.! If you are claiming to represent Jesus, and that your life is led by God, you should stop acting like an asshole.
0 Replies

SkippyPeanutButter

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2021 01:47 pm
@nycdad,
Thank you for your service. it's because of you that we get to live here, even if some people are ungrateful.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2021 03:10 pm
@SkippyPeanutButter,
I'm sure you meant to include all the other military veterans who post on A2K, right?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2021 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You think that’s bad. My mate’s a Chelsea supporter and it’s the Champion’s League final against Manchester City tonight.

Only he won't be able to see it, he’s a trader and Shepton Flea is on tomorrow at Royal Bath and West showground and he’s selling, so he’ll have to be up at something like two or three in the morning.

And it doesn’t open until half nine. I’ll be going, but I won’t have to get up at at two. I can even fit in Frome first.

He probably won’t know the score, which is a shame because it looks like being quite a tasty match.

Your feelings about America are prompted by your disappointment in Trump losing the presidency and you’re attention seeking.

I’m more interested in the Football.

That’s right, Football.

Smile Right on.
0 Replies