Afterlife?

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 06:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
you watch, he wont return anything substantive on my last chemical genetics comment unless he spends time trying to find something on a website.

one time i was schooling him on therapsids and his own comments were loaded with wiki list numbers.
oralloy

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:01 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
he just, on another page admitted his propensity to insult.

That's a lie. I only engage in name-calling as retaliation for name-calling delivered to me first.

farmerman wrote:
In this thread I hadnt been really addressing anything with him before he started on me.

Sort of true. But what I started with you was not name-calling.

Rather, what I did is criticize you for engaging in name-calling.

farmerman wrote:
I know I get on Ollie's nerves cause he always quick to try his own kommen zurichs which are usually devoid of anything of quality or thought.

I have no idea what a kommen zurichs is. You get on my nerves because all you ever do is spout name-calling.

I much prefer people who offer intelligent conversation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you watch, he wont return anything substantive on my last chemical genetics comment unless he spends time trying to find something on a website.

It's not a subject that I'm interested in discussing. Why would I address it?

farmerman wrote:
one time i was schooling him on therapsids

That's a lie. I know at least as much about them as you do.

What you did was make some claims that are contrary to the scientific consensus and offer nothing to back them up.

farmerman wrote:
and his own comments were loaded with wiki list numbers.

I may well have cited Wikipedia. It's a handy source for cites.

I do remember that you were not able to cite anything at all to back up your rather unusual claims.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
you watch, he wont return anything substantive on my last chemical genetics comment

Now you have piqued my curiosity. What exactly do you mean by 'chemical genetics'? You seem to view everything through the lens of chemistry.
Do you realize that 'genetics' as it pretains to its function in biological life, has nothing to do with your beloved chemistry? A hypothetical life form could just as easily use magnetic domains like a computer disk drive. The physical media is of little importance. It is the encoded information that is vital. Not sure why, but biologists have transcribed computer data and programs onto lab manufactured DNA. But it demonstrates my point anyway.

Without understanding this fact, there is no possibility of meaningful dialog between us.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 08:34 am
@Leadfoot,
other than the fact tht the bases of DN and RNA are all purines orpyrimidines, and each will only bond with their chemical "kind" nd tht right hnded sugars only bond with left handed OHs compounds or Amines.
Its all chemistry and we have found all the base chemicals in star spectra, Pre Cambrian Rocks and lie AFTER the Oxygenation events.

What do you do, just memorize the names of ACTG and ignore the chemistry BEHIND the structures?

you really miss a lot that way, but since youre into a mostly Fundamentalist view, Im reall not surprised because the Fundamentalist Christians only try to argue one point a a time and they NEVER want to hear about the fossil record. They deny evidence of the fossil record totally out of sad ignorance.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 08:37 am
@Leadfoot,
biologists have transcribed the ACTG and the chemistry of the DNS , BUT THEY STILL CANNOT DO ANYTHING WITH IT> Thts where evolution has come in. Even Dr Dudna when she recd the Nobel Prize for CRSPR said that. perhaps we can learn to stimulate or control evolution.
Saying that genetics is not chemistry is about one of the most obtuse understandings I can recall on the subject
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 08:40 am
@Leadfoot,
did you ever think that evolution occuring in steps precedes any bookkeeping based on the chemical structure of the gene awithin the chromosomes?

I know that above yer paygrade but many reputable scintists have been addressing volution and genetics that way
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 09:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
What do you do, just memorize the names of ACTG and ignore the chemistry BEHIND the structures?

My point yet again.

It's the Information behind the chemistry that you're missing.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 10:17 am
@Leadfoot,
you have not a clue. The chemical structure IS the information dummy.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 12:17 pm
@farmerman,
Well, at long last you at least conceded the existance of Information.
And there is only one proven source of that, an intelligent actor.
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 12:21 pm
@farmerman,
What if, instead of name-calling, you politely explained how the chemical structure contains information?
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 03:35 pm
@oralloy,
the very structure of the amino acid chains purines to purines and pyrimidines to pyrimidines, IS the information that becomes recognizably parallel to the smatic cell modification. In micro evolution usually NO genetic change takes place and when it does it often occurs in a number of similar chem-genetic structures.

Wich comes first , the adaptation by evolution or the genetic mod that records the change???

evolution is not as simply understood as many believe it is.
This has been a constant statement not by me but by workers in the field.I though that, with how generational changes as seen with epigentic occurences, would have been understood by now.
I guess Im wrong, Ive given many of you who mix science with politics, more credit than I think I should have.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 03:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
Ive always used a term similar to "information"(pattern data) until I read Demskis BS papers on what you try to preach about

If you recall, I never got boisteroud till you and guys like layman began to discount evolutionary sciences and thus infer that all changes wre "DESIGNED"

with no evidence other than silly speculation that ignores most of biological, paleogeological, paleochemical , and adaptive change mechanisms (Like how you ignorantly tried to poo pooh the evolution of whals from Ambulocoetus and Pakicoetus, when there is an overwhelmiing amount of structural functionary data and anatomical data.So all you do is deny the science and begin name calling on me.
It really doesnt bother me because, Like here, I can give you guys a response in terms you will have to go far to dismiss.
You still insist the complexity of lif argument is valid to assert id.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 04:52 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You still insist the complexity of lif argument is valid to assert id.
Not mere complexity, although i still get a laugh when 'you guys' insist that 'anything that can happen, will happen, given enough time.' I give that theory the credit it deserves. None. Same reason you erroneously claim about ID, - No Evidence.

But i do appreciate the concession on 'Information'. So where do you think it's from?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 05:02 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive given many of you who mix science with politics, more credit than I think I should have.

Politics? You really do not have any idea what the argument is even about do you. Next you'll explain the problem is Trump.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 10:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
your "beliefs" seem to be dictated by an Evangelical "last Days" mentality.
Im commenting based upon a long stream of your posts not just this series. You cant divorce your beliefs from Thread to thread.

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 11:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
i still get a laugh when 'you guys' insist that 'anything that can happen, will happen, given enough time.'
]
Even though that statement has withstood the very test of time.
Quote:
I give that theory the credit it deserves. None.

Aw we ahall miss your wisdom at the geo fellows chats
Quote:
Same reason you erroneously claim about ID, - No Evidence.
[/the fact that ID cannot be evidenced , falsified, or connected to other branches of associated sciences , I think that the lack of evidence for ID is overwhelming .Its a comic book tale not a scientific discipline .
Whatever happened to the scientific "Studies" in support of ID. Where are all these promised technical papers and ID symposia nearly 20 years after the publication of the foundations of the"Wedge Project" ??

Anyone sitting on a two legged stool such as you IDers ought not point fingers. Cause if youd understand what science has amassed as evidence and data, youd at least be educated.

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 08:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im commenting based upon a long stream of your posts not just this series. You cant divorce your beliefs from Thread to thread.

You're really reaching now.

Next thing you'll be blaming my supposed 'delusions' on my choice of cars. Are you not able to discuss two or more unrelated things?

I guess ID would have theological implications for atheists, but there is no direct correlation. I would not use ID as evidence for the God I've come to love. That's another discussion you're probably not interested in.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 08:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
i still get a laugh when 'you guys' insist that 'anything that can happen, will happen, given enough time.'

Farmer replied:
Even though that statement has withstood the very test of time.

Let me know about the time when monkeys flew out of your butt since your claim supports such a thing happening.

Its not that crazy a concept though. I have heard of hamsters coming from such places. But it obviously involved intelligent intervention.
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 09:05 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:

Let me know about the time when monkeys flew out of your butt since your claim supports such a thing happening
In what way?? Your observations, besies being evidence free. seem to be on the very edge of childishness. Ive bee reading some of your posts to others, and you claim that youre mostly insult free?
You dont seem to even recognize parts of speech. An insult is anything that shows disrespect via language or contempt. most of your stuff isnt even argument . I love to interact with different opinions and fact bases.