joining football

t g

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:07 pm
since ill be a junior next year and i wanna join the football i have to be in the varsity team. the players have already started working out but i dont think they started practicing. if i wanna join football , should i just go durnig practice or i sign up for it when we get our scheduales. i can ask my frends in the football team but i broke my cellphone and i dont remember any numbers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 704 • Replies: 2
No top replies

guyhandsome

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:32 pm
You sound like you're in rough shape already, kid. I don't think they can legally practice until fall, so right now they're just "voluntary" summer practices. If you wait to join up until training camp you'll get smoked, so I would do what you can, now. It'll be uncomfortable actually going through ith it, but still go for it. Knowing something about football will help going into the practice, but you'll learn fast no matter what. You should probably drive to the school and meet the coach and tell him you're interested. Good luck.

(ps -- the key is having balls. Don't let other kids intimidate you and rock all who stand in your way)
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:31 am
I play for a football team and i practiced with them before i signed up, i would advise you to go around about 3 different teams and see which one you like best, if you can't decide then try going to each of them again but see how your team-mates get on with you because there is no point in joining a team if no-one likes you. Once you have joined the team you feel good with try different postions, like forward, midfeild, defender and goalkeeper, i play in defence but i am verstille, i can play anywhere, my first postion was forward, i was pretty good at it too, untill jim price made me a defender and i can shoot to save my life no more, then i was in defence i didn't mind it at the start but I got bored of it so I left my club because they wouldn't allow me to move postion, so i joined another team and played in midfeild i was very good at it, but they put me in defence and refused me to be put into the midfeild or forward, so i moved once again, i played in midfeild and then got put back into defence and i gave up in trying to get into the postions i like and stuck with this team, please don't do what i did and join the first team i saw!
0 Replies