[answered] Sluggish, unresponsive A2K links?

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:49 am
running smoothly now...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:14 am
More problems with A2K again tonight.
About 5 hours ago (around 6 pm EST) all the links (new topics, your posts, your topics, etc) weren't functioning at all. Kept getting "general error" messages & DEBUG MODE - "could not insert search results" statements. ....with columns & columns of numbers underneath. Does anyone know what that was about? Confused It went on for ages & I had to give up.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:27 am
one other thing I have noticed is that I get logged off when posting.
Could be my computer.. but if it isnt, I figured would speak up about it.

It has been going on over the last ....2 weeks or so?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:42 am
I don't think it is your computer shewolf. It happens frequently.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:43 am
It's the zippiest it's been for ages, right now! Very Happy (Touch wood.)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:44 am
Touching my head now
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:45 am
Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 10:08 am
msolga wrote:
About 5 hours ago (around 6 pm EST) all the links (new topics, your posts, your topics, etc) weren't functioning at all. Kept getting "general error" messages & DEBUG MODE - "could not insert search results" statements. ....with columns & columns of numbers underneath. Does anyone know what that was about? Confused It went on for ages & I had to give up.

This is a transient issue with server load. All I can tell you is to try again. As you can see, some times it is busier than others.

shewolf, are you clicking "remember my login" or whatever the heck it says at the checkbox when you sign in? If you aren't clicking it, you will be logged off about every 5 minutes.

Marking this topic answered.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 08:24 pm
It says "Log me on automatically each visit: "

What does this have to do with being logged off every 5 minutes. I doubt that many people use this check box.. I don't and I don't get logged off. I get out when things freeze.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 08:47 pm
Not sure, Intrepid, but when you log in, you are shown as being on site, but only if you stay active. There may be a relationship. Anyway, I do use that check box and haven't been logged off in months.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 09:06 pm
Same here, roger. I stay logged in all the time.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 09:24 pm
jespah wrote:
msolga wrote:

This is a transient issue with server load. All I can tell you is to try again. As you can see, some times it is busier than others.

Actually, it was during a rather quiet period. Confused
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 02:57 am
Noddy24 wrote:
I've noticed the sluggishness. I'm doing jigsaws while I wait.

I decided to learn to play the bagpipes! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:12 am
The only genuine problem with A2K is that the software keeps on recognising logons from a certain GUSTAVE, a certain KICKYCAN, a certain SLAPPY and a WABBIT!

If I had hamsters too terrified to deal with these people, I'd send them all back to Hotmail!!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:09 am
msolga wrote:
jespah wrote:
msolga wrote:

Quiet for you and the site -- but the server coulda been busy. For one thing, late at night my time (which is primetime for Oz Smile), the Portal is being built, using an automatic script.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:07 am
jespah wrote:
msolga wrote:
jespah wrote:
msolga wrote:

Quiet for you and the site -- but the server coulda been busy. For one thing, late at night my time (which is primetime for Oz Smile), the Portal is being built, using an automatic script.

A2K moves in mysterious ways, jespah. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:58 am
They do it deliberately to piss us off.......sob...we just aren't important enough.......schniff.......IMPERIALISTS!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 01:02 am
Just curious: What IS primetime for Oz?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 01:06 am
dlowan wrote:
..sob...we just aren't important enough.......schniff...

You're probably right, wabbit!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 02:03 am
Primetime for us is from about now on - until we stumble to our beds - or more engrossing pursuits.

I was but kidding - 'tis least amount of disruption for maximum number of people - we just happen to be on in the downtime of the maximum.

It is the fate of we small folk........
0 Replies