Movie where wife realizes husband is cheating after kissing him?

joooyy

Reply Sat 8 May, 2021 08:48 pm
I believe this to be a drama or suspense movie from the 1980s or 1990s, but can't swear to it. There is one specific scene that I have seen many times but cannot place the movie or anyone involved. The scene involves a husband/boyfriend coming home and giving a quick kiss to his wife/girlfriend and she has a silent, crashing realization that he's cheating on her because (I'll put this as delicately as I can without losing the context), she can taste another woman on his lips. He goes elsewhere and she immediately but silently puts her hand to her mouth and is in shock but doesn't say anything to him, at least not in that moment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 934 • Replies: 4
No top replies

joooyy

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 04:41 pm
@joooyy,
Someone has solved this for me on another site - this was Summer of Sam. The wife in question was Mira Sorvino and the husband in question was John Leguizamo.
chai2

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 05:47 pm
@joooyy,
I found not that scene, but the one after it where they were fighting and it came up.

I find it strange that in a movie about a vicious serial killer (David Berkowitz), that' the scene you would remember.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 08:39 pm
@chai2,
The main plots of the movie were the Vinnie and Dionna, and Ritchie and Ruby stories, the Son of Sam story was the subplot of the movie. Spike Lee concentrated on Vinnie's conflicted attitude about his sexuality and his marriage, and Ritchie's alternativness and the provincial, Itallian-American neighborhood's intolerance for otherness.
chai2

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 09:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
Gotcha.

I guess the name of the movie led me to believe it was more about him. Also, I lived in NJ as a teenager at that time, and it was a very tense time.
Not feeling personal danger, being not that close, but this feeling that all these people were just snuffed out so easily was disturbing.
0 Replies