What are the positives to being biracial?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:04 pm
@snood,
It’s what was used to justify empire, civilising the savages, David Livingstone and all that.

It’s an excuse, nobody wants to be the bad guys.

“These buggers don’t understand democracy, you’ve got to beat it into them.”

Viv Stanshall as Sir Henry Rawlinson.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:04 pm
@BillRM,
Let’s see...
Tell me BillW -
Was Sacawagea a brave and heroic woman who accompanied and helped the famous explorers, Lewis and Clark?

Or,

Was she a Shoshone child of fourteen bought as a slave by trappers who raped her and traded her to the Lewis and Clark expedition to serve as a translator?

hightor

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Imagine being Native American (or African-American, or Mexican-American, or Jewish American) and reading this about yourself.

If the accounts are based on historical fact, as long as you don't participate in those sorts of activities what shame is it of yours? Why force yourself to identify with a culture that no longer exists? Culture is not something to be sugar-coated for the consumption of contemporary people so as not to hurt their feelings. How do you think the Dixietards feel about the horrible things their slave-holding forebears did?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:11 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

It looks like you’re trying to singlehandedly bring back the myth of the Wild savages conquered by the brave and noble pioneers.

Right out of a circa 1920 John Ford movie.

Nonsense as moving from Indians as a whole are evil murders to the position that they was all peaceful nature lovers are both very very false.

It is hardly myth that raiding both other tribes and whites was not uncommon by some of the major tribes of the south west.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:16 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

BillRM wrote:

So how about allowing the native cultures to go back into large scale raiding for such things as women and horses and now days four by four vehicles?

This is one of the most racist things ever written on Able2know. Imagine being Native American (or African-American, or Mexican-American, or Jewish American) and reading this about yourself. This exact racist fantasy has been applied to African Americans and Hispanic Americans too.

Racism against Indegenous people whould be taken as seriously as racism against any other group.

Hightor, go back an read the context.

BillRM (with Izzy's support), was arguing that Native Americans (paticularly the Apache) deserved to be pushed off their land and killed because they were brutal and savage.

Then BillRM imagined modern Native Americans "raiding... for women"

Come on! I get that you guys want to circle the wagons and support your ideological side.

If this isn't racist, then what is?
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:35 pm
@maxdancona,

Quote:
Hightor, go back an read the context.BillRM (with Izzy's support), was arguing that Native Americans (paticularly the Apache) deserved to be pushed off their land and killed because they were brutal and savage.

Then BillRM imagined modern Native Americans "raiding... for women"

Come on! I get that you guys want to circle the wagons and support your ideological side.

If this isn't racist, then what is?

Lord you wish to add things that I did not say such as native Americans are currently doing raiding!!!!!!!!!

Let see without looking it up to be sure the last meaningful raiding ended in the post civil war period.

Why do you not try to disagree with what I do say as you seems bright enough to hold your own without making up nonsense.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Facts are hell for you and the only was of dealing with it is claiming falsely repeat falsely that I think this kind of thing below is currently going on.!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/cynthia-ann-parker-is-kidnapped

During a raid, Comanche, Kiowa and Caddo Native Americans in Texas kidnap Cynthia Ann Parker (who was around 9 or 10 years old) and kill her family. Adopted into the Comanche tribe, she lived a happy life until Texas Rangers recaptured her and forced her to return to live again among Anglo-Americans.

Silas and Lucy Parker moved their young family from Illinois to Texas in 1832. To protect themselves, they erected a solidly constructed civilian stockade about 40 miles east of present-day Waco that came to be called Parker’s Fort. The tall wooden stockade was reportedly capable of holding off “a large enemy force” if properly defended. However, when no Native American attacks materialized for many months, the Parker family and the relatives who joined them in the fort became careless. Frequently they left the bulletproof gates to the fort wide open for long periods.

On May 19, 1836, several hundred Comanche, Kiowa, and Caddo Native Americans staged a surprise attack. During the ensuing battle, the Native Americans killed five of the Parkers. In the chaos, the Native Americans abducted nine-year-old Cynthia Ann Parker and four other white women and children. The Comanche and Caddo bands later divided women and children between them. The Comanche took Parker, and she lived with them for the next 25 years.

Like many Plains Indian tribes, the Comanche had long engaged in the practice of kidnapping their enemy’s women and children. Sometimes these captives were treated like slaves who provided useful work and could be traded for valuable goods. Often, though, captives eventually became full-fledged members of the tribe, particularly if they were kidnapped as young children. Such was the case with Parker.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:46 pm
@BillRM,
There you go Hightor.

Now do you want to distance yourself from BillRM's ugly racist tirade?
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:50 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Let’s see...
Tell me BillW -
Was Sacawagea a brave and heroic woman who accompanied and helped the famous explorers, Lewis and Clark?

Or,

Was she a Shoshone child of fourteen bought as a slave by trappers who raped her and traded her to the Lewis and Clark expedition to serve as a translator?

Interesting would you care to back up the rape claims for Sacawagea as I would love to know where such claims came from.

0 Replies

papag

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:53 pm
@YellowDragon11,
Sometimes we need to look to creation, the animals.
Mixed breed dogs live longer than purebred dogs, although the difference is not that large, they still live longer. So go and mix it up.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 05:02 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There you go Hightor.

Now do you want to distance yourself from BillRM's ugly racist tirade?

You are a strange strange person trying to claimed that writing about well documentary facts from a fairly recent time period can be racist in some manner.

If you think that my facts are wrong please show how they are in error other then claiming that the facts are in themselves racist.

Oh try not to add nonsense like claiming I had posted that we are currently having Indians raids.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 05:34 pm
This makes me sad...

This denial of the violence and treachery by which this country was taken from the natives. Now he’s asking me to prove Sacawagea was raped. Read a goddamn book.

It’s the same white supremacist twisting of history that tells us Sally Hemmings was a consenting adult lover of Thomas Jefferson, when she was in reality a captive teenager who had no choice but to act as a receptacle for Jefferson and bear children of his - children that he mostly denied.

It’s the same ‘manifest destiny’ and ‘white man’s burden’ telling of history that tries to color slavery as a beneficent arrangement that provided Africans with a good living. When in reality the cruelty and oppression that black people endured was unspeakable and immeasurable.

I’m sad to see that BillW needs to believe this way. I guess the truth is more than he wants to deal with.

It’s certainly not my job to educate him. In truth, if he’s gotten this far in years and still believes the whitewashed version of history, it’s by his own choice, and he’ll die this way.

Not my problem.
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 06:11 pm
@snood,
I seem to had read one hell of a lot more books then most of the people on this system next you came up with a claim of rape that with my book reading I never had come across so I would love to add to my knowledge by your pointing/linking out where you got that information from.

Next the lady in Jefferson life in question was the half sister of his dead wife and he have a many many decades relationship with her never remarrying or as far as is known fathering any children by any other women then his wife and her half sister even those he had very high social standing and could have had his pick of most white free women.

Somehow there seems no reason to question that their relationship was likely base on emotions on both sides.
snood

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 06:20 pm
@BillRM,
No reason, huh? Do you think the fact that HE OWNED HER might throw a little imbalance into those “emotions on both sides”?

Seriously?
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 06:42 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

No reason, huh? Do you think the fact that HE OWNED HER might throw a little imbalance into those “emotions on both sides”?

Seriously?

You do know that women for most of our history as a nation was under the direct control of their husbands and before married their fathers????

They have no power over such things as family lands ownership or the right to enter into contracts of any kind without a husband or father agreement?

I return the suggestion you posted to me try reading a book or two.
snood

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 06:55 pm
@BillRM,
Women being expected to be submissive partners to their husbands is not the same as BEING OWNED AS A CHATTEL SLAVE!
Are you on drugs?!

You’re defending horrible things and defending white supremacy. I can’t talk with you anymore.
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 07:01 pm
@snood,
Oh for real you do know that husbands had the right to beat their wives in most states or force sex on them for that matter.

A partner with no independent rights of any kind is so must better off then a slave it would seem to your eyes.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 07:24 pm
@maxdancona,
I wasn't referring to what BillRM said. I was referring to what you said:
you wrote:
Imagine being Native American (or African-American, or Mexican-American, or Jewish American) and reading this about yourself.
I've got news for you. If you're reading about things that happened decades before you were born you're not reading about "yourself". You're not a "merciless Indian savage" because Jefferson used the term in the Declaration.

It also seemed to me that you were advocating for a Bowdlerization of history, suggesting that historical accounts, generations removed from today, need to be tailored to fit the sentiments of different audiences. So I asked you why this wouldn't apply to those people who still revere the Confederacy.

Quote:
Hightor, go back an read the context.

I'm not interested in that argument.

I'm not discussing that argument.

I'm not involved in that argument.

I was simply struck by your apparent willingness to edit the historical record so as not to offend people living today. Sounds like a non-ideological bubble!
maxdancona

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 09:35 pm
@hightor,
Your response was attacking my rejection of BillRM's racism. That quote you post was about Bill'racism.

Either you support Bill's ugly racism or you reject it. You can't do both. If you don't want to be involved in the argument then why you're jumping into the middle of it.

It sure seems like you were supporting Bill's racist comments.
snood

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 10:05 pm
@hightor,
Specifically what part of the “historical record” was Max editing?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:07:54