How long does it take a laptop and extra keyboard to be serviced and how much does it usually cost?

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 01:22 am
Hi. I need to take my laptop and extra keyboard that I have been using to type with to my nearest local comp shop for servicing; some of the keys on my laptop stopped working and one key on the extra keyboard that I have plugged into my laptop stopped working. I was told I need to drop them off so the shop can determine what they need to get fixed.

How long will it take for my laptop and extra keyboard to be serviced and how much does it usually cost? I need my laptop and keyboard.

I hope it is not going to cost a lot.

I am can use internet service on my smartphone in the meantime but it's a lot easier to type things on my laptop and on my extra keyboard.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,255 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 07:19 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I was told I need to drop them off so the shop can determine what they need to get fixed.

How long will it take for my laptop and extra keyboard to be serviced and how much does it usually cost? I need my laptop and keyboard.

Ask the place you dropped it off. Each shop is different - it could take longer at one vs another depending on the shop and how busy they are, if they send it elsewhere for work, etc.

You might need to wait for them to assess it - but they should be able to tell you how long you should hear back from them on the assessment.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 08:15 am
@JGoldman10,
It’s not being serviced, it’s being repaired.

When my car is serviced there usually isn’t anything wrong with it, although the garage can always find something. You have identified faults already.
0 Replies