The Derek Chauvin Trial

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 08:32 am
I often find it difficult to face some information because it is so hurtful. But we have to move it forward to make even increments of progress, it seems.
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187577903_337147884441125_1933934194273242587_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=_xIhVGpm4OwAX_5ZL_b&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=2e0d3aa5d2387c50ac1815ecbc6294dd&oe=60DEC22C
BillW

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 08:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
It was this same "rule" that kept blacks from being quarterbacks. Sunlight is a great treatment for ignorant ideology.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 08:38 pm
@BillW,
I remember Jesse Jackson was a good college quarterback but was told he couldn't pursue a pro career due to his non-whiteness.
BillW

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 09:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
I use to be so naive. I wouldn't believe stuff only to realise later how wrong I was.

They won't do that? would they? no way?????
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 10:01 pm
The longer you live the more examples you find you had missed. For me, anyway.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 03:56 pm
@oralloy,
Humor me for one minute here - long enough to answer this...

If you and I were handed one of two weapons - each of us handed just one - and one of the weapons was a 10 inch hunting knife, and the other is a semiautomatic 30-06 with a full 100-round magazine...

If we both tried to injure or kill as many people in a crowded gymnasium as we could in thirty seconds,

Which of us do you suppose would tally up the most hurt or killed - the one with the knife, or the one with the gun?
snood

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 03:59 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Don't be so dishonest. I've not tried to back out of anything.

You know darn well you changed up your prediction as the election season unfolded. You started out saying Trump would win, and we would have republicans in power in Washington for “at least” 20 years.

Are you denying that you changed that grandiose prediction?
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:02 pm
@snood,
Of course I deny changing my prediction.

You are a disgusting liar.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:05 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Which of us do you suppose would tally up the most hurt or killed - the one with the knife, or the one with the gun?

I've no idea.
snood

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:06 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Of course I deny changing my prediction.

You are a disgusting liar.

The disgusting and exhausting thing about you is, that even if I take the time to find your quote saying exactly what I said above, you would still deny it.
You’re not just a liar. You’re a demented liar.
snood

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:08 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:

I've no idea.

An experienced gun owner like you can’t even even hazard a guess about which weapon would do the most damage? How is that possible? Unless you’re just being disingenuous (lying) about having “no idea”.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:13 pm
@snood,
It's possible because it is hard to tell which weapon would do the most damage.

I think I'm done humoring you on this subject though. "Humoring requests" is a favor that I prefer doing for people who don't spout lies or name-calling at me.
snood

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:20 pm
@oralloy,
If you really can’t tell which would do more damage between a hunting knife or a semiautomatic hunting rifle, you probably need to rest that big brain.

******* liar

Also, since it makes no difference, if you ever have to be involved in a gunfight, I heartily recommend you bring a buck knife.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:23 pm
@snood,
Again, you have no honor or integrity whatsoever.

Shame on you for falsely accusing me of your own dishonesty.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 04:44 pm
@snood,
The only liar here is you.

Shame on you for falsely accusing me of your own dishonesty.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 05:58 pm
...unsheathing my Bowie knife, I cut a path through this wall of human flesh, dragging my canoe behind me.

--W.C. Fields
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 07:20 pm
@snood,
Give me my M60 and a couple of - no, make it three cans of rounds.
snood

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 08:00 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Give me my M60 and a couple of - no, make it three cans of rounds.

An M60? Child’s play. Meet me at high noon. I’ll bring my Bowie knife. You don’t stand a chance.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 08:11 pm
@BillW,
Full-auto makes all the difference, especially in a gun designed for (reasonably) sustained fire.

If you want an M60 to defend your home with, Rock Island Armory registered hundreds of them before the 1986 cut off date, so there are plenty of fully transferable M60s on the market.

---

Interesting story. Some time back when the military was replacing the M60 with the M240, I read an article about how the M60 was nothing but trouble and the M240 was far more reliable. I commented about the article to some friends in the military.

Their unanimous (and vehement) reaction was the exact opposite of the article. The M60 was "old reliable" that had saved their lives more times than they could count, and they had had nothing but trouble with the new M240s.

I don't know if it was just that they were still having to adjust to the new and different guns, or whether "reality on the ground" was far different from what the people in charge wanted to portray, but I still think about that whenever I see an article say that the M240 is an improvement over the M60.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2021 09:52 pm
@snood,
I can use a good knife man! Don't need to turn a good asset into an enemy.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:22:52