vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 03:41 pm
@oralloy,
So you shouldn't be commenting on here then

The irony Laughing
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 03:52 pm
@vikorr,
Wrong again. My IQ is 170. That is more than adequate to handle this topic.
snood

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 03:57 pm
@oralloy,
We should call you Fredo.

vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:03 pm
@oralloy,
I'm not sure why you keep up with that delusion. Not a single person believes it - in any setting - anywhere. High IQ's require things that you definitely cannot do.

I would say above average intelligence, but that's it - and coupled with associated wiring problems, which make you seem dumber than you actually are. You'd get a lot less flak if you didn't pretend to be something you are not (hence why I say you project when you call others phony, liars etc)
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:06 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
We should call you Fredo.

The reason why you rely on childish name-calling is because you lack the intelligence to use facts or logic.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:07 pm
@snood,
I was wondering where you were going with that - I read it before the video popped up.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:08 pm
@vikorr,
Above average?
Maybe the average potted plant.
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:11 pm
@snood,
You shouldn't falsely accuse your betters of your own low IQ.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:12 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I'm not sure why you keep up with that delusion.

No delusion. I really am vastly smarter than you are.

vikorr wrote:
Not a single person believes it - in any setting - anywhere.

You don't speak for any intelligent people.

What stupid people believe is not a matter of any significance.

vikorr wrote:
High IQ's require things that you definitely cannot do.

I can do them with ease.

vikorr wrote:
You'd get a lot less flak if you didn't pretend to be something you are not

Unlike you I'm not a phony.

vikorr wrote:
hence why I say you project when you call others phony, liars etc

The reason why you falsely accuse me of projecting is because you are extremely dishonest.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:16 pm
@snood,
Above average. I judge it on a persons abilities to make connections (A+B means C, affects D etc), or to remember things etc. Oralloy actually has decent abilities in this area - if the topic doesn't hit one of his many filters (which warp things). Unfortunately the filters cover most topics in this forum, but even within those filters, you can see him forming connections if you know what you are looking at. It's just that the filters are warped / don't enable him to see what he doesn't want to see / drive him to focus on detail that support his opinion to the exlcusion of all else etc.

Most people call it deluded, and it is by the normal view of such. I think of it as miswiring.

Perhaps I see it differently because I've known a number of people with Aspergers etc, and I think of how they think (when their filters are activated) as miswiring. When that happens, they too often focus only on things that support their views, to the exclusion of context, and frequently think they are right and everyone else is wrong. They too can confuse opinion with fact, because they want their opinion to be fact. They too, often can't see how they are telling themselves warped stories - when the filters are hit. Of course they are all slightly different in how this works for them (as an individual).

It' also why I say you can't convince him of anything he doesn't want to be convinced of.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:25 pm
Sometimes we Aspergers see more clearly than most.
vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:34 pm
@vikorr,
For clarity, aspergers affects individuals with it in differing ways - ie. not all people with it have the same symptoms. But some of them include:

https://kennethrobersonphd.com/arguing-effectively-adult-aspergers/

“Tom is so argumentative. Anytime we discuss a topic that is emotional, he disagrees with everything I say. He’ll insist he’s right...

Discussions tend to stay at a superficial level, often focused on facts, ignoring subtly and nuance, and with little regard to multiple perspectives on any given position.

It’s fine to use examples to illustrate your point but stay away from language that has multiple meanings.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/basics/aspergers-syndrome

They may not be able to understand the perspectives and feelings of others.

They often have an orientation toward detail and an interest in systemizing, which can come across as an obsession.

https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/counselling/signs-of-aspergers-in-adults.htm

People with Aspergers might be more factual than normal. Instead of telling stories to get a point across, they will be direct.

Once a person with Asperger’s comes to a conclusion they can be quite set in it, and find it a challenge to see the perspective of others.

--------------------------

That is in no way an exhaustive list.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:38 pm
@edgarblythe,

Quote:
Sometimes we Aspergers see more clearly than most.
Sometimes people with Aspergers do. In given situations they can be the perfect person for it. If I had work that required great attention to detail, was black and white, and quiet - I'd aspect a lot of applicants with similar traits, and be glad to have them apply.
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:41 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
if the topic doesn't hit one of his many filters (which warp things). Unfortunately the filters cover most topics in this forum,
vikorr wrote:
It's just that the filters are warped / don't enable him to see what he doesn't want to see

In other words, I keep my focus on reality instead of disregarding it when progressives insist that reality be disregarded.

vikorr wrote:
drive him to focus on detail that support his opinion to the exlcusion of all else etc.

Gosh! I focus on details that support my viewpoint?! Who would have ever thought of such a thing? /sarcasm

Your complaint is essentially that it isn't fair that I am using intelligent debate techniques that you are not capable of using.

vikorr wrote:
Most people call it deluded, and it is by the normal view of such.

No. Pointing out facts that support my position is not what "delusion" means.

vikorr wrote:
Perhaps I see it differently because I've known a number of people with Aspergers etc, and I think of how they think (when their filters are activated) as miswiring. When that happens, they too often focus only on things that support their views, to the exclusion of context,

"Focus on the things that support your position" is something that all intelligent people do when they are debating.

I need to wait for you to finish editing before I reply. I think I'm quoting the final version of your post, but might have missed something.

vikorr wrote:
and frequently think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

That is a trait of people who understand a topic and know that they are correct.

vikorr wrote:
They too can confuse opinion with fact, because they want their opinion to be fact.

Note your inability to provide any examples of me confusing opinion for fact.

vikorr wrote:
It' also why I say you can't convince him of anything he doesn't want to be convinced of.

All people need to have in order to convince me of something is a sound argument.

The fact that you don't have a good argument is your failure not mine.
vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:52 pm
@oralloy,
Outside of allegations of failure - For how your mind works - you are mostly correct / we mostly agree. But you will miss the shades and degrees of that correctness, just as you missed the actual message of what I wrote.
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:56 pm
@vikorr,
You progressives are pretty funny. Facts are 100% true.

Reality isn't something that you can bend and twist just because you find it inconvenient.
vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 04:57 pm
@oralloy,
As I said above.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 05:26 pm
@vikorr,
Sometimes we get tripped up in lesser details but we are generally above the landscape enough to see where the river is ultimately headed. High functioning, mainly. Not every individual, since even Aspergers are divers.
vikorr

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 05:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yep, despite a tag, there are lots of differences. And as I said, I've known several (still have a neighbour of sorts with it), and personally don't have any particular issues with people who have it.

On a forum, any disagreements can of course, seem magnified. But a forum is no where near the whole of a person.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 05:40 pm
@vikorr,
My Aspergers gives me a certain single minded focus that drives away friends and would be friends in real life and sometimes online.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:38:58