Happy St. Patrick's Day 2021! Doing anything special for the holiday?

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:35 pm
Hello. Happy St. Patrick's Day 2021! Doing anything special for the holiday?

I am probably not. I usually treat the holidays like I do any other day of the year. I am wearing green but that's about it.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,510 • Replies: 20
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
You don’t fool me.

You’ll be doing what you do every year, ten pints of Guinness and waking up in a dumpster.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
Saints are Catholic, very much so. I thought you didn’t agree with any of that.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:49 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm a Christian. I don't drink booze.

Secondly I wouldn't drink any foreign beers.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:50 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm surprised you didn't race bait me and claim I drink malt liquor.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
Look up, there’s another joke flying over your head.

Why the pejorative use of the word foreign?

St Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland and Guinness is the national drink of Ireland. It’s part of St Patrick’s Day.

You disapprove of Jesus turning water into wine.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
That wine Jesus made was non-alcoholic.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
You’re the one who does that.

I don’t know what malt liquor is.

Over here the beer usually associated with the Afro Caribbean community is Red Stripe.

It’s very good.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
Now you’re lying about Jesus.

You really do dance to Swaggart’s tune.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't race bait me and claim I drink malt liquor.

In case Izzy didn't get it, African Americans are stereotyped as being malt liquor drinkers. It's an American urban slum thing.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 02:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
And you’re the one doing it, less than twenty four hours after you promised to stop doing it.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 02:09 pm
@izzythepush,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malt_liquor

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 02:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You don’t fool me.

You’ll be doing what you do every year, ten pints of Guinness and waking up in a dumpster.

Waking up in a dumpster. That's an American 'hood/ghetto/projects thing. Are you sure you aren't watching any African American movies and/or TV shows?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 02:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
No it’s not. It’s something people do on St Patrick’s Day, over here it’s mostly white people.

I remember one white comic complaining about unrealistic advertising, “No where does it say drink our product and you’ll wake up in a skip.”

Yesterday we had a long talk about your obsession with race/nationality and now you’re doing it again.

Other than the few people on Able2know, I don’t know any African Americans, I know plenty of black people, but none of them are American. I know very little about African American stereotypes, and no way near as much as you do. You keep bringing them up, usually to point out that you are nothing like that and therefore inherently superior.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 02:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
I see some of your culture, not all of it.

Some of it is as big over here as over there, others not so much.

For example Tom Cruise is a well known film star, Martha Stewart is virtually unknown.

Your evangelical preachers don’t get much of a mention, BillyGraham is in the news now and again, or it might be his son now. I’d never heard of Jimmy Swaggart until you mentioned him.

Our religious figures on the television, are very different, they’re actually quite nice decent people, the exact opposite of evangelicals. The Reverend Richard Cole is often on the television, he’s a Christian people like listening to. An actual Christian not a load of insincere dental work underneath an obvious syrup.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 05:47 pm
@izzythepush,
"My culture". I am from the AMERICAN SUBURBS. I have NOTHING to do with AFRICAN AMERICANS FROM ANY AMERICAN URBAN SLUMS. DO NOT LUMP ME IN WITH THOSE PEOPLE.

I am an AMERICAN. I am not HUNG UP ON CULTURE.

I was being FACETIOUS with my posts.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 05:48 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm going to stop. I thought you were race baiting. I apologize.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 06:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
I meant American culture in the broadest sense.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 06:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don’t. I accept your apology.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 07:26 pm
Every year my hometown had a little rinky-dink St. Paddy's Day parade a few weeks before the actual holiday.

My mother has seen it. It's nothing to write home about.

This year, for the first time in over 50 years it was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis:

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/local/2021/02/05/binghamton-2021-st-patricks-day-parade-canceled-covid-19/4407178001/

Strangely enough they held a parade last year. Here's a link to a little snippet of it:

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2020/03/07/binghamton-parade-day-marches-on#
0 Replies