How stupid is Trump?

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2022 07:12 am

https://iili.io/HTYguse.jpg
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2023 11:02 am
'Trump far dumber and immoral and ignorant and lazy' than staffers knew before they worked for him: report

Quote:
John Kelly didn't have high expectations about Donald Trump when he joined the White House as chief of staff, but he was still shocked by what he found after joining the administration.

The retired U.S. Marine Corps general joined the White House halfway through Trump's first year, and New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" about what Kelly learned about the former president and his abilities.

"So when Kelly came in as chief of staff, he thought that the problem around Trump was that he was not staffed properly and they needed to create a process around him, and that's what the chaos of the first six months of the administration was about," Schmidt said. "But when Kelly comes in as chief of staff, what he realizes is that the problem is not just the fact that there's not a process and that he's not being staffed as well as he could, but that Trump himself was the problem, that Trump was far dumber and immoral and ignorant and lazy than he ever thought he was."

"Within a few days, he becomes terrified because here he is, the top staffer to the president of the United States, and he's realizing that the president of the United States is far more limited and potentially dangerous than he ever thought, and at that point, there was no one else to call," Schmidt added. "He was -- it was just him and Trump, and he basically spends the next 18 months trying to manage Trump as much as he could."

rawstory

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 07:04 am
Quote:
Trump mistook rape accuser E. Jean Carroll for ex-wife Marla Maples in deposition

Former President Donald Trump recently mistook his rape accuser E. Jean Carroll for his ex-wife Marla Maples when being questioned
about a decades-old photo of him and Carroll by her attorney for a defamation lawsuit, a newly public court filing shows.

Trump’s belief that the writer Carroll was actually his second wife Maples sharply undercuts the New York real estate mogul’s repeated
claims that he would not have even had sex with Carroll because she is “not my type.”
(cnbc)
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2023 06:04 am
Florida judge fines Trump, lawyer for ‘frivolous’ lawsuit

Quote:
A Florida Judge sanctioned former President Donald Trump and one of his attorneys Thursday, ordering them to pay nearly $1 million for filing what he said was a bogus lawsuit against Trump’s 2016 rival Hillary Clinton and others.

In a blistering filing, U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks accused Trump of a “pattern of abuse of the courts” for filing frivolous lawsuits for political purposes, which he said “undermines the rule of law” and “amounts to obstruction of justice.”

“Here, we are confronted with a lawsuit that should never have been filed, which was completely frivolous, both factually and legally, and which was brought in bad faith for an improper purpose,” he wrote.

Citing Trump’s recent legal action against the Pulitzer Prize board, New York Attorney General Letitia James, big tech companies and CNN, he described Trump as “a prolific and sophisticated litigant” who uses the courts “to seek revenge on political adversaries.”

“He is the mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process,” he wrote.

The ruling required Trump and his attorney, Alina Habba, to pay nearly $938,000 to the defendants in the case.

A spokesman for Trump and Habba did not immediately respond to requests for comment late Thursday.

Middlebrooks in September dismissed the suit Trump had filed against Clinton, former top FBI officials and the Democratic Party, rejecting the former president’s claims that they and others conspired to sink his winning presidential campaign by alleging ties to Russia.

The lawsuit had named as defendants Clinton and some of her top advisers, as well as former FBI Director James Comey and other FBI officials involved in the investigation into whether Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign had coordinated with Russia to sway the outcome of the election.

He said then the suit contained “glaring structural deficiencies” and that many of the “characterizations of events are implausible.”

apnews
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2023 07:09 am
https://iili.io/H0TE6F9.jpg

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 07:19 am
@Region Philbis,
Seriously?!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 07:32 am
@hightor,
An absolutely prototypical post by a liberal. You never once quote the primary source - Kelly - and never once give an example. The article is actually nothing but name calling.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 07:47 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
An absolutely prototypical post by a liberal. You never once quote the primary source - Kelly - and never once give an example. The article is actually nothing but name calling.
It's actually and clearly to be seen a quoted reprot.
And links are in the quoted report.

Clearly, critical source analysis is expected in master's and doctoral theses. But apart from you, Brandon, as far as I know, no one else does that here with their posts.

hightor

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 08:17 am
@Brandon9000,
Sorry it fell short of your standards, but there were embedded links, the accompanying video clip contains examples, and the story was pretty widely reported in other sources as well.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 09:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
By posting this quotation, hightor is clearly trying to establish a proposition that:

"Trump far dumber and immoral and ignorant and lazy than staffers knew."

I am telling him that it is a poor example of trying to demonstrate something, because it doesn't quote the person it claims believes the proposition and it doesn't give examples that might provide evidence for the truth of the proposition.

If someone posts an article titles "Moon is Made of Cheese," I will comment on the quality, or lack thereof, of the argument the article makes. Surely all of this is obvious.
hightor

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 10:08 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
By posting this quotation, hightor is clearly trying to establish a proposition that...

I'm not "clearly trying to establish" anything, Brandon. I'm posting articles, stories, and news clips which center around one theme – the deficiencies, be they mental, moral, or political – of Donald Trump. The preponderance of posts here, by me and by others, amplify this theme.

Now, if I really wanted to formally establish a proposition, I'd need to make the argument myself, in my own words, or post a much more serious article where a single author argues that case. But this thread is, by design, a compilation of material critical of Trump and his presidency, aimed at and shared with a particular political audience, not a forum where both sides attempt to achieve consensus.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 02:13 pm
@hightor,
Baloney. Posting an article which espouses a proposition, unless otherwise noted by you, indicates tacit endorsement by you. If you want to mess around with an argument you can only lose for a few hundred posts, I'm game.
hightor

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 03:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Posting an article which espouses a proposition, unless otherwise noted by you, indicates tacit endorsement by you.

Baloney. I didn't write the article. I simply chose it for inclusion in this thread.

Brandon, you and one or two others here are obsessed with "winning the debate". I don't look at it that way. If you want to counter the argument made in the posted article, leave me out of it. Instead, find an article which shows Trump to be far more intelligent and moral and knowledgeable and dynamic than his staffers knew before they started working for him and post it on a new thread, "How Smart is Trump?".

John Kelly, Trump's former chief of staff, is no longer holding back

It says a lot about the former president that the man who served at his side for a year and a half seems to hold him in barely contained contempt.

Quote:
John Kelly served as Donald Trump's White House chief of staff for 17 months, and after parting ways with the Republican president, the retired Marine general said very little about his former boss and place of employment.

His reticence did not last. Business Insider reported:

"John Kelly, Donald Trump's former White House chief of staff, did not mince words about his ex-boss as rioters violently stormed the Capitol on January 6, according to a new book. "If he was a real man, he would go down to the Capitol and tell them to stop," Kelly said of Trump to ABC News correspondent Jonathan Karl during a phone call as the insurrection was taking place."

According to Karl's new book, "Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show," Kelly said the Jan. 6 riot was so serious, and the then-president's handling of the crisis was so indefensible, that the cabinet would've been justified in trying to remove Trump from office.

"If I was still there, I would call the cabinet and start talking about the Twenty-Fifth Amendment," Kelly told Karl. (Then-Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin also reportedly broached the subject with other cabinet members about this in January.)

What strikes me as notable about this is that Kelly got to know Trump very well. The retired general first joined the then-president's cabinet as the Homeland Security secretary, and then ran Trump's White House for a year and a half — longer than any other of Trump's chiefs of staff. If anyone got a first-hand look at how Trump works, thinks, acts, and processes information, it's Kelly.

And Kelly concluded that Trump is not a "real man" — but he was a man who should've been removed from office before the end of his tenure.

It took a while for Kelly to reach this point, though he'd taken some prior steps in this direction. Last year, for example, former Defense Secretary James Mattis, wrote a rather extraordinary rebuke of Trump, condemning the then-president for being divisive, immature, and cavalier about abusing his powers. Soon after, Kelly publicly endorsed Mattis' criticisms.

Kelly added at the time, "I think we need to look harder at who we elect. I think we should look at people that are running for office and put them through the filter: What is their character like? What are their ethics?"

By January, Kelly saw far less need for subtlety, accusing Trump of "poisoning" people's minds. Kelly added that Trump is "a very, very flawed man ... who has got some serious character issues."

It says a lot about the former president that the man who served at his side seems to hold him in barely contained contempt.

msnbc
Mame

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 03:37 pm
@hightor,
It seems that's the conclusion of many who worked for or with him and the opinion of many, worldwide, who've watched and listened to him. Every ignorant comment he made was followed by a more ignorant one. It was completely predictable. I wonder if he could find Florida on a map.

Name one good thing about that orange narcissistic, morally-deficient baboon. You can't. He's a disgrace to humankind and the GOP is no better.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 04:05 pm
Brandon is the arch sea lioner, constantly asking people to check and verify their sources.

He attributes motives to people, inserts bizarre rules and constantly declares himself the "winner" of a conversation.

He even does it when trying to push an opposing view. On a gun thread where one poster showed deaths from firearms in the USA he told them to resesrch instances where a gun had saved someone's life.

That's right, it was his point yet he was trying to get someone else to research it because he is too lazy to do it himself, and because ultimately such a search would prove fruitless.

Such slothful hypocrisy is more like a walrus or sea cow than an actual sea lion.
snood

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 04:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Sea cow. Now there’s some evocative imagery.😂
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 05:57 pm
@snood,
I do attempt to give a considered response, it doesn't always come off though.

To be honest I was hatching up a reply ever since he asked someone else to do his homework for him.

As it was on a thread initiated by Glenn I kept schtum for the time being.

So when he posted here I decided not to look that particular gift horse in the mouth.

Brandon has me on ignore yet he still posts on a thread I started.

I'm sure he under goes some peculiar mental gymnastics to justify that.

I'm grateful that he no longer asks for proof/citations/certifications/notarised documentation or affadavits testifying that Trump is stupid, so he must have accepted that as a given.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 06:01 pm
@snood,
I really don't want to go into how I imagine certain members of the A2K community. I can't vocalise it without being insulting to such a degree that I would be banned for a considerable length of time.
snood

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 06:30 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I really don't want to go into how I imagine certain members of the A2K community. I can't vocalise it without being insulting to such a degree that I would be banned for a considerable length of time.

You’ll just have to trust me on this when I say: I self-edit my responses so heavily that a good half of what I want to say never gets seen. I would almost certainly earn a suspension every other day.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2023 06:52 am

https://iili.io/H0SqUAb.jpg
0 Replies