tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2024 09:00 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2024 07:01 am
@tsarstepan,
Trump Media Stock Slumps on Filing of Reaudited Finances
Quote:
Trump Media replaced its previous auditor, BF Borgers CPA, after the Securities and Exchange Commission charged the firm and owner Benjamin F. Borgers with “massive fraud,” accusing them of “deliberate and systemic failures to comply with Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (standards) in its audits and reviews” in more than 1,500 SEC filings between January 2021 and June 2023.

Quote:
he SEC accused the firm of “falsely representing” to their clients that its work would comply with PCAOB standards, “fabricating audit documentation” to make their work appear to comply with PCAOB standards, and “falsely stating in audit reports” in more than 500 company filings to the SEC that its audits complied with PCAOB standards.
The SEC said that at Benjamin Borgers’ direction, BF Borgers staff copied audit documents from previous engagements for clients, changing only the dates and passing them off as covering the current audit period, including documenting planning meetings that never occurred and falsely representing that Borgers and others had reviewed and approved the work.

“As a result of their fraudulent conduct, they not only put investors and markets at risk by causing public companies to incorporate noncompliant audits and reviews into more than 1,500 filings with the Commission, but also undermined trust and confidence in our markets,” said Gurbir S. Grewal, director of the SEC’s Division of Enforcement.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2024 01:03 pm
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2024 01:48 pm
How do you explain the neo-fascist fervor in support of Donald Trump?

We have slowly created this fascist fervor ourselves beginning with the end of World War II. It began with anti-communist fanaticism. Anti-communism and anti-Russia became our national collective identity. We identified with it and mirrored it to our children. Neo-fascism is a direct legacy of our prolonged cold war with the USSR.

Some people explain away the love of neo-fascism and Trump on stupidity, but the love of neo-fascism and Trump goes beyond stupidity. Trump supporters didn't make a conscious decision to support him. We were subjected as children to a long-term atmosphere of right-wing indoctrination directed against the USSR and communism, and our collective identities depended on an opposition to communism and Russia. We had no other national identity. We identified ourselves with freedom, but freedom from what? Our whole national identity was based on freedom from communism and the USSR.

When the USSR collapsed, the US identity collapsed with it, and now we needed a new identity. We turned against ourselves in search of a new identity. We split into two factions: extreme right wing and liberal/moderate/ conservative left wing. if you weren't extreme enough, you were the new enemy. Extremism and neo-fascism was the new identity, and its head was Donald Trump. Liberals, moderates and conservatives became the new "communists," and neo-fascists became the new patriots.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2024 08:08 am
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2024 04:51 pm
@coluber2001,
My only quibble with this reasoning is that the drift to fascism is a global trend, so maybe no American exceptionalism required.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2024 06:04 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b9/d1/7e/b9d17e446d827c270284229872376ffc.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2024 06:16 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/da/17/d5/da17d573ac3b7792423c58736ac4686b.jpg
BillW

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2024 07:58 am
@hingehead,
Ohhh, and don't forget the conviction was for crimes revolving around play time with a whore and trying to become a politician. Two of the main preaching and healing themes of Jesus time on earth!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2024 09:41 am
Stacey the red baron

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2024 11:21 am
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2024 01:31 pm
Question extracted from the website Quora:

"Is it only me that I see a big Biden win?"

He has to because anything else is a repudiation of everything that America has ideally stood for. And if Biden doesn't win in a landslide, that is an awful foreboding of what's to come. and that means there's something basically wrong with the fabric of the people of America. It would be a basic failure of the idea of democracy, that within the system of democracy, the majority of people must want democracy or else it won't work. A vote for Trump is a vote against the very ideal that the founding fathers envisioned.
BillW

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2024 07:16 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

It would be a basic failure of the idea of democracy, that within the system of democracy, the majority of people must want democracy or else it won't work. A vote for Trump is a vote against the very ideal that the founding fathers envisioned.

So true......this country will change for sure!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2024 03:10 am
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Question extracted from the website Quora:

"Is it only me that I see a big Biden win?"

He has to because anything else is a repudiation of everything that America has ideally stood for. And if Biden doesn't win in a landslide, that is an awful foreboding of what's to come. and that means there's something basically wrong with the fabric of the people of America. It would be a basic failure of the idea of democracy, that within the system of democracy, the majority of people must want democracy or else it won't work. A vote for Trump is a vote against the very ideal that the founding fathers envisioned.

BINGO!

If Joe Biden does not win this next election in a landslide, there truly is something seriously wrong with Americans...and this Republic of ours is not long for this world.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2024 05:14 am
I think we're beginning to realize how fragile the US experiment in democracy actually is. We always assumed that our noble institutions would preserve us from demagogues – and while we weren't looking, ultra-wealthy reactionaries succeeded in a carefully planned, thirty year scheme to capture the guardian of these institutions, the f-ing Supreme Court. So much for the "rule of law". There truly is something wrong with this country – but it didn't happen overnight. McCarthy, Huey Long, the Know Nothing Party – the seeds were there all the time.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2024 06:45 am
https://i.imgur.com/iBBljdA.jpeg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2024 07:17 am
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2024 11:17 am
Trump challenged Biden to a cognitive test, and then said," Doc Ronnie Johnson. does everybody." That could be a mere slip of the tongue as the doctor's name was Ronnie Jackson."
--Beau of the Fifth Column

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2024 10:33 pm
@hightor,
I do (realise how fragile it is).

I've been thinking lately about what your forefathers were trying to do. Basically put systems in place that would prevent demagoguery and have checks and balances all over the place, but they lived in a simpler world where all they were really concerned about was the absolute power of monarchs (and leaders creating dynasties). They hadn't realised (enough) that wealth and power gravitate to anti-democratic perversions to preserve their wealth and power. On the whole they did a pretty good job (2.5 centuries aint bad, in spite of how much the wealthy and powerful have tromped over ethics and the common good). I certainly can't see a way to do better - although universal sufferage and preferential voting might have delayed the two party drainhole you're circling.

Being an early exemplar has helped younger democracies but they aren't immune either.
0 Replies