Badguys/goodguys

Seed

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:30 pm
So every movie has a bad guy and a good guy. Or at lest someone that and fill each of the said roles. Now my question to you is: Who do you think was a great pair? Villian + Hero = Great.

You can have a great plot, great writing and great directing but if the two dont have the thing that makes them mesh its all for nothing.

So what you guys think made a winning team?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 871 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 05:52 am
Hey, Seed. (that always sounds like hayseed. <smile>)

I thought that Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise were paired nicely in the movie Collateral.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:45 am
howdy letty... i havnt seen that movie yet
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:13 am
It's really good, Seed. I don't care for Tom Cruise, but he did one helluva job of acting in that film.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:15 am
did he now? looks like i will have to check it out. i thought he did a good job in War of the Worlds myself
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:21 am
Well, I haven't seen that one yet. I guess I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

Another good villain/hero movie. The Unforgiven--Clint Eastwood vs Gene Hackman.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:35 am
First one that popped to mind is Diehard. Not a deep movie, but fun.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:15 pm
Foxx and Cruise and Eastwood and Hackman are good choices (Eastwood and Hackman also made a good protagonist/antagonist team in absolute power). My vote has to go to John Travolta and Nicholas Cage in Face/Off--if you haven't seen it, these actors even have to take on each other's mannerisms and they do a excellent job.
0 Replies