Probability of Occurrences

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2020 05:49 am
Hi!

I am wondering could someone help me with an issue I am having as I am new to probabilities. I have data that I calculated the correlations for and plotted the distribution as a histogram and getting a bell shape curve as expected and now I want to know the likelihood of those correlations occurring. I have calculated these values accounting for above and below the mean. I need to make a visual to represent these values but I am unsure what’s the best graph to represent these values. I have tried a histogram but because probabilities are positive this doesn’t seem to work as I do expect that bell shape curve again. When I look at my data the probabilities gradually increase to a point and then start to decrease but it’s when I try and plot the histogram it’s like once the peak is reached the probabilities fold back on each other because they are all positive values and it’s not a fair representation of the data.

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 536 • Replies: 0
No top replies