Has Donald J. Trump overturned the Election result today?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 05:49 pm
@maxdancona,
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/201208170901-pennsylvania-scotus-order-exlarge-169.jpg

I think that is it for the Supreme Court. Judges have the ability to voice dissent... none did.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 12:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I think that midnight today is the deadline for selecting electors that the congress MUST accept.

Electors may be selected after today, but the Congress has authority not to accept them.

Correct.

And I understand that Wisconsin missed the deadline.

The Republicans should take Wisconsin from the Democrats just to show how illegitimate the Biden Administration is.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 12:29 pm
Who farted?
0 Replies

derpydoo

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 12:52 pm
One thing to remember is that it is perfectly alright for all major social media companies to ban people for discussing conspiracy theories of voter fraud in the 2020 election. They are not covering anything up at all. That's why youtube is banning any video which mention voter fraud in 2020, but not banning videos claiming the moon landing was fake or that Russia stole the 2016 election.

This is being done for the good of the people, for their own safety.

Why would anyone question that Biden got more votes than any candidate in history including Obama, even if that is statistically impossible given the circumstances? When we allow Russia to control our American minds with statistics, facts, and math, we allow the racists to win.
hightor

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 12:57 pm
@derpydoo,
Quote:
Why would anyone question that Biden got more votes than any candidate in history including Obama, even if that is statistically impossible given the circumstances?

What circumstances make it "statistically impossible"?
Quote:
When we allow Russia to control our American minds with statistics, facts, and math, we allow the racists to win.

How is "racism" involved?
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 01:06 pm
@hightor,
I really dont think we should be patting ourselves on the back over the 2020 presidential voter turnout. By the vote tally it was about 67% of registered voters.
According to Wikipedia it was the highest % turnout in 120 years. If we had, say 88 to 90 %, thatd be much more comfy about hat we feel about our Constitutional Democratic Republic.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 01:17 pm
@farmerman,
I have no idea why any election outcome can be "statistically impossible" - besides more than 100% voted - because facts prove that such outcomes happen.
We had had quite a few federal and state elections where a win or loss of the one or other party was "unlikely" - but did happen.

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 01:39 pm
@farmerman,
The US could adopt the Australian model where it is compulsory by law for all eligible Australian citizens to enrol and vote in federal elections, by-elections and referendums.

Although the fine for not voting is pretty derisory, I think 20 Aus dollars, it still seems to work in terms of getting people out to vote.

The federal election in 2016 having turnout figures of 91% for the House of Representatives and 91.9% for the Senate, now that ain't bad cobber.

I'm laughing to myself just imagining trying to introduce this into the US.
Jesus the Agony Anti's would literally combust.
hightor

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 01:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Usually people who talk about statistical improbability aren't statisticians themselves. It's relatively easy to begin to question the likelihood of any event occurring, combine all the different things which happened to make up that event, compound and multiply the odds, and prove that it is statistically impossible to receive an envelope from Publisher's Clearing House with your name misspelled on a rainy day after the Dolphins win the Superbowl. The odds of that happening are infinitesimal!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 01:45 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
In Belgium, the government has declared that it has other priorities than prosecuting offenders of the compulsory voting law there, and no one has been prosecuted since 2003. But voter turnout there is still 90+%
hightor

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 01:46 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Jesus the Agony Anti's would literally combust.

Yeah...free-dumb!
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 02:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I'd imagine much like Australia it's a mindset that has built up over generations originally because of the law and even though as you say that law is hardly enforced the voting ethos is in their national genome.

Admirable really.
farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 07:37 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
NOPE, Hes a certified LOSER with only 2 weeks till XMAS.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 08:20 pm
Why should should we force ignorant people to vote? I don't get why people think this is a good idea. Ideally, we should have only intelligent, and informed people vote. The rest of people should sit out.

The message is "Just vote. It doesn't matter if you have a clue about the issues or not." How does that make any sense?

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 09:12 pm
@maxdancona,
No one is going to force you to vote Max. Go ahead and sit out as many elections as you like.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 10:09 pm
@lmur,
Friday December 11th 2020.

Has Donald J. Trump overturned the election result today?

No, Donald J. Trump has not overturned the election result today.

Look on it as an early Christmas present, I told my wife. She wasn't having it, for some reason.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 10:57 pm
@lmur,
Maybe she wants something more practical.

Get her a new ironing board. She will love you all year.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2020 02:03 am
@maxdancona,
Sounds like you want to go back to the situation we had over here before the 1832 reform Act where only the landed gentry could vote.

You sound more like your fascist sock puppet Oralloy every minute.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2020 02:04 am
@roger,
Women can never get enough cleaning products.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2020 08:16 am
@izzythepush,
He isn't smart enough to sound like me.

But... Godwin's Law! I win the debate.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:11:55