Social media sharing options in A2K

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2020 08:53 am
I don't suppose I'm the first to point this out but the sharing options on posts are soooooo 2008:

Stumble It Stumble It! • Post to Twitter Tweet This • Bookmark on Delicious Bookmark on Delicious • Share on Facebook Share on Facebook • Share on MySpace! Share on MySpace

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 915 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2020 10:04 am
@hingehead,
I'm pretty sure they haven't changed since our 2002 founding.
hingehead

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2020 08:52 pm
@jespah,
Well Twitter didn't start until 2006 so I thought 2008 was a safe guess.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2020 07:32 am
@hingehead,
Do you really feel compelled to share some a2k post or thread elsewhere? a2k has become an embarrassing dumpster fire (that's often rivaled the worst of reedit and 4chan). Too much QAnon garbage has been posted and allowed to remain up and gathered by Google where the dangerous falsehoods, errors, lies, and malicious conspiracy theories become quasi-legitimized and accessible for their continued spread.

Quote:
In the context of the explosion of unfiltered blogs, news Web sites, amateur videos, and mash-ups, Wood (2013) has recently surveyed the scarce research on this topic. In his view, on the one hand, Web-based communication might dissolve conspiracy theories into highly polarized and radical (but overall irrelevant) narratives. On the other hand, conspiracy theories might arise to new levels of mainstream visibility and legitimacy, as observed in the case of the 9/11 truth movement (Wood, et al., 2012). While the diffusion of false news stories on social media has received attention (e.g., Mocanu, et al., 2014), search engines are understudied in their potential to spread and reinforce beliefs. Conspiracy theorists often invite readers to avoid traditional, mainstream newspapers and TV, and to do their research on search engines (see, for example, Figure 1).

Source

~
As a direct answer to your possibly implied question, if you just want to repost a single post to social media, you can always screencapture it and post the image file.
hingehead

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2020 05:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Na, I only feel compelled to look at user interfaces and wonder why. UX is the iceberg underneath the watet of my job.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2020 02:58 pm
@hingehead,
Yeah. a2k is pretty problematic (user interface wise) and in need of a drastic overhaul/21st-century updating. I'm sure it's never going to happen.
0 Replies