Virtual Thanksgiving

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2023 05:50 am
I appreciate this thread being resurrected although it's kinda bittersweet for me. Covid denied me the last chance to have Thanksgiving with both of my parents.

I will go see Dad in December, for what would have been their 68th anniversary.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2023 06:56 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I appreciate this thread being resurrected although it's kinda bittersweet for me. Covid denied me the last chance to have Thanksgiving with both of my parents.

I will go see Dad in December, for what would have been their 68th anniversary.

So sorry about that, Jespah. I hope your visit with your Dad will be a happy one, despite the loss of your Mom.
jespah

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2023 10:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thank you <3
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2023 12:10 pm
@jespah,
My condolences. Marco lost his oldest living aunt to COVID two years ago and just a couple days before Christmas. She went to church to hear the choir nobody was wearing masks.

This Thanksgiving I made reservations at a nice restaurant, I didn’t want to spend the entire day cooking and cleaning up. I did buy a small turkey breast to cook, I like a turkey sandwich the next day.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2023 05:18 pm
I got Covid last year 2 days before Thanksgiving . My visiting friends caught it in the plane coming from Europe. Here we were having Covid at the same time and just were miserable as can be. We made the turkey 5 days later, but we couldn't smell or taste anything. It was bad!!

This year it's all good and we'll have a bunch of turkey legs - I love dark meat and so does everyone else in my house.

My condolence, jespah! Bittersweet Thanksgiving for you!
0 Replies