A2k - Other Forums

djjd62

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 04:59 pm
much like seed, i have a couple of other boards which are ostensibly gaming boards, i found A2K while googling info on a song and have since made this my adult board, i love the variety of topics, most boards are pretty much one trick ponys and tend to get stale rather quickly, but hell with kicky, gus, slappy, bear and lord ellpus you never know what you're gonna get
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:04 pm
djjd62 wrote:
much like seed, i have a couple of other boards which are ostensibly gaming boards, i found A2K while googling info on a song and have since made this my adult board, i love the variety of topics, most boards are pretty much one trick ponys and tend to get stale rather quickly, but hell with kicky, gus, slappy, bear and lord ellpus you never know what you're gonna get
glad to know someone thinks like me Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:07 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I just emailed the Ese, and told him to make a comeback.

At this point, we can only pray.

<off to find religion>

I loved you guys together.
You were the dream team.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:06 pm
Seed wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
glad to know someone thinks like me Smile

hmm, see i get both happy and frightened when i find somebody else that thinks like me Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:10 pm
yea i know what you mean... the world just might acutally blow when that happens
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:47 pm
I'd say I was a forum virgin, but I know you wouldn't believe me. I did try another one before A2K, but found it too backwoods and politically conservative to suit me. I don't even look in there anymore.

Craven de Kere wrote:
A2K compares to other forums I use in that it has a far less technical user-base than I usually frequent, is far more academically oriented, and has more females than most forums I end up on (which tend to be technical).

Those are good enough reasons for me not to look elsewhere!

In truth, I don't need other forums. A2K has it all.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:49 pm
more girls? thats what made me sign up!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:07 pm
Shocked

you mean there are real women on the internet
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:19 pm
real LIVE wimmin... or so i've been told Mr. Green
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:39 pm
with average boobs and everything!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:14 pm
hmm
Couple stock and investment sites, a couple fan sites for a Rockband, the Fav is A2K, and a couple knock-off types. I goto some technical sites when I cannot find the answer here or I'm in a hurry.

Without A2K I could go crazy or come clean with my internet addiction.
Which by the way at the office I have not surfed the net for count them 4 days (even though they are 4-6 hour days in the office).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:15 pm
ehBeth wrote:
with average boobs and everything!

What? you are from Canada!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:30 pm
A2K is the first forum that I've been involved in that has a large variety of sub-forums within a forum. I didn't accidently end up here. It was the result of a long search to find the right balance of things I was interested in. In my opinion, A2K has that.

Prior to this, I read and posted in a number of news groups. Lots of weirdos and colorful language.

As for other message board forums, I was heavily involved in a chess forum for a number of years, volunteering for projects and as a moderator as well.

I would say that I now focus about 50% of my internet time here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:32 pm
The girls ain't nothin' like average . . .

I was visiting the Times web site (the one in London) for news, as i often do, and there was an article on news-associated discussion boards, with links, which took me to the New York Times, and AFUZZ. I left there permanently when the insane Muslim-bashing took over the political threads. One thing i particularly like, though, was that a thread could start with a question, or an essay or a discussion topic.

I also visit P45 Rant, which is an Irish board, and i often visit, although rarely post at, the RTK Palace, which is a discussion board about the novel The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, written in early Ming dynasty in China (c. mid-14th century), and the history behind it. Otherwise, i occassionally browse other forums, but don't stay.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 11:37 pm
I belong to two other forums. One for legal advice, and the other for woodworking discussions. Both are very much on topic.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 05:43 am
average? hot diggity dog! and here i have been looking for below average!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 02:50 pm
Seed, djjd and Region,

When ya'll signed on here, you unknowingly were getting the best of the best, the cream of the crop the very tops in wimmins and you didn't even know it! Ain't life grand?

Real women, with real hearts and souls! Smart, witty, beautiful, caring, strong, compassionate, loving, (did I mention beautiful?) honest women who know about real life even!

Of course, us wimmins got the same in you men and I thank my lucky stars every day for that. Smile
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:13 pm
haha glad to know we got real live women on the other side of the screen and not fat, balding, middle-age men pretending to be women. Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:14 pm
Lady J wrote:

When ya'll signed on here, you unknowingly were getting the best of the best, the cream of the crop the very tops in wimmins and you didn't even know it! Ain't life grand?

Real women, with real hearts and souls! Smart, witty, beautiful, caring, strong, compassionate, loving, (did I mention beautiful?) honest women who know about real life even!

damn straight!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:25 pm
husker wrote:
Lady J wrote:

damn straight!

Has anyone told you lately just how wonderful and smart you are? Smile
0 Replies