A2k - Other Forums

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:21 pm
That reminds me that it's amazing how much I've learned from so many of you. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:35 pm
Eva wrote:
I must say, Lord Ellpus, that from your very first post, it was obvious that you belonged here.

You're one of the A2K Classics in my book.

<curtsy>

I agree.

And I thought the same about blueveinedthrobber when he arrived. :wink:

---

This is not my first, but might be my last, forum. I see no reason to visit anywhere else. We have everything right here. Who would want to post elsewhere?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:34 pm
I'll second that Tico. (dto. for Lord Ellpus). Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:23 am
I too was a forum virgin until A2K.
Since then I have peered into other forum sites and found them boring.
A2K spoiled me when it comes to comparing other forums.
As Bella said - plain and simple- it is the people here, the type of people it attracts, and the silly potty humor that goes on between everyone that makes it a very laid back tight nit place to be.

Love it dahhhhhling. Simply love it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:02 am
i was technically an abuzzer, but never posted a lick there.

this is THE forum. period.

Smile
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:59 am
I lurk at a Detroit sports forum, mostly to get information. Post occasionally to a Yahoo group but Yahoo format is annoying.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:13 am
i post on one other forum.. its totally different from this one... this forum is much more mature... the other one is a game based forum
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:22 am
I just assumed you all found A2K after googling "slappy doo hoo."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:24 am
I was actually looking for The Ese.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:36 am
ehBeth wrote:
I was actually looking for The Ese.

Funny you say that. I just emailed the Ese, and told him to make a comeback.

At this point, we can only pray.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:36 am
I was a Forum virgin too before A2K!! And honestly, after finding A2K, it has never even occurred to me to look elsewhere. When a need is found and said need is fulfilled, what more can you ask for?

And yep...it is definitely the people and it is definitely a family. Newcomers and oldtimers are all treated with mature respect, even if we don't always agree with each other. Everyone is given the space to grow and learn, to vent and to advise, to complain and to heal, to laugh and to cry, to create and find hope and even to love and to grieve.

A2K is like the very best of coming home.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:33 pm
In August, l999, my son dragged me kicking and screaming into the Computer Age. An article in one of the weekly newsmagazines--I forget which one--mentioned Abuzz as a useful source of information and opinion sharing.

I tried Abuzz and was warmly welcomed. When the site declined, I came here.

A Good Woman would explore other sites on the Internet, but I'm happy here and don't want to take the time away from A2K to explore.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:39 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
A Good Woman would explore other sites on the Internet, but I'm happy here and don't want to take the time away from A2K to explore.

Does this mean you and I are just bad to the bone? :wink:
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:48 pm
oh you know u two are dont even try to hide the fact
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:53 pm
Hehehe....I'm actually rather proud of it! Thank you for noticing, Seed! Smile
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:53 pm
I operated a set of forums for a few years in the 90s. I'm a little nostalgic for the early days of interactive internet communities. It was raw, it was crazy, it was wild.

A2K is nice. I visit a couple of other forums occasionally, but A2K feels more like home. It must be the people.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:24 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
There are other boards???

Laughing I was sorta thinking the same thing!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:10 pm
My first forum was a parenting board sponsored by iVillage. My girls were 4 and 6 at the time. I know what you mean about mean spirited parents, Soz. I gravitated to the Positive Parenting board and stayed there for a bit.

I was forumless for a few years until I joined a diet group three years ago. A small group of us branched off from that board and still keep in touch through a private MSN Group site.

More recently, I joined a support group for friends and family of people with certain emotional issues. I don't visit there much anymore - its much too depressing talking about the same negative things all the time. That, and my F&F member is doing much better emotionally.

In December I found A2K. I really don't recall what I was goggling that sent me here at first. I looked around a bit and liked what I saw.

Ellpus, I might add how much you've added (should I say changed?) to your posts since you first started on the humor board. You're early posts were hilarious, and still are, but your more recent posts on the other boards show you to be a committed and dedicated all around A2Ker.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:18 pm
Lady J--

I figured out some time ago that either I could be tormented by my sins of omission or I could simply shrug and assign them to the League of Good Women so they wouldn't be on my conscience.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 04:28 pm
I don't believe in forum-monogamy.

I find and use new forums on a daily basis. A2K is just not the best place for, say, information on using the putty ssh client ported to the pocket pc 2003 platform (I'm using said forum right now...).

I don't usually come back to them after I have the information I need unless I need it again.

A2K is one of the only boards I use for fun, but I run nearly 20 forums and surf a lot of them for maintenance etc.

A2K compares to other forums I use in that it has a far less technical user-base than I usually frequent, is far more academically oriented, and has more females than most forums I end up on (which tend to be technical).
0 Replies