Norton Anti-Virus and Roadrunner

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 08:46 am
Whenever I have my Norton Antivirus enabled to automatically check for virus', it slows down my Road Runner browsing to slower than a regular dial-up modem. When I disable the auto-protect, my browser zips along just fine.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,323 • Replies: 4
No top replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 08:51 am
anantha,

Welcome to a2k. You may find more joy in solving your problem if you post the question in "Computers" or "Internet".

KP
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 08:55 am
anantha keshava- Welcome to Able2Know! Very Happy kitchenpete is right, but since we are here, let me give you a quick answer. I also have RoadRunner & Norton, and I have the virus scan on auto protect. In addition, I have the Norton programmed for a full scan once a week. During the full scan, my computer does slow down quite a bit, but not during other times.

Why don't you post this Q to "Computers, or "Internet"? There are a lot of technically minded folks who might be able to give you some leads on solving your problem!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 11:06 am
I have split this portion of the "Welcoming New Members" thread out and moved it here.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 06:10 pm
This is really strange. I disabled my auto-protect to see if there was any difference in speed. There wasn't. Then I turned it back on, and the internet speed is much faster. Can anybody explain that???
0 Replies