PS1 screen compatible with PS2, is this possible?

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 12:51 pm
Anybody familiar with Pacific Mall? Would I be able to find some outlets there?

Anyways here goes... I was just wondering if anybody knows or has heard of a way to get the PS1 screen working for the PS2?

PS1 screen uses an AC Adapter (I think).
PS2 screen uses a RCA output

I was just wondering if there was such a RCA input plug that can be connected to an AC adapter and that could be connected to the PS1 screen.

So it's like saying RCA input + AC adapter + PS1 screen = PS2 capabilities (or able to play PS2 games with the PS1 screen).

Is this possible?

I heard it was so I'll look up stuff in google and see what I can find, thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,511 • Replies: 4
No top replies

efulitz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:40 am
1/8th" stereo male to dual RCA female adapter for mini-
The PSone screen standardly uses an AV connection cable to connect to the PSone console. Rather than trying to convert this AV connection with an adapter for RCA, you could buy a converter for the mini-jack input. See "Back of the PS One Screen:" pictures at http://www.vidgame.net/SONY/PSONE.htm to see where the mini-jack input is.

Quote from Amazon.com reviewer "www.marktaw.com" :

You can plug in an external input for any kind of video - TV, VCR, DVD, PS2. Here's how.

Buy a 1/8" stereo male to dual RCA female adapter. (my comment ->) You could try http://search.ebay.com/rca-to-3-5mm-mini

Plug the yellow video out from the PS2 into the white plug of the adapter.

Plug the white left audio out from the PS2 into the red plug of the adapter.

And you're good to go. The screen should turn itself on whenever the 1/8" plug is in.

Sure you only get a mono/left signal, but if you can switch your material to mono it works. 95% of the time this should be fine. Or you can buy further adapters & combine the left & right signals.
AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:31 pm
Wow, this is good stuff very complicated though. If I have time I'll give it a shot, thanks.
0 Replies

Predator

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 05:52 am
Fitting a psone screen on a slimline ps2
hi,

I am just connecting my psone screen to my ps2 slimline, i will have it done soon and post some pics on here.

When it is finished i will post how it was done.

Noprobs,

Predator
0 Replies

redmistpete

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:25 pm
@efulitz,
Yeah, just used a twin RCA (red & white) to 3.5mm jack. Works perfectly (apart from the single channel sound). There's no easy way to fix the stereo sound problem - adapters can merge the stereo into a mono output output though (same audio from both speakers). The best way to get true stereo sound is to solder the PS2 AV lead to the appropriate connectors on the PSone screen (the metal strip connector that pushes into the PSone!) :S
0 Replies