Hair problem and its making me scared

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 05:36 am
On june 2020 I decided to get a perm.Only the top hair of my hair only got the perm my side and back hair are untoched.(Its a undercut style perm).They put chemicals on my hair,so I'm guessing its a chemically processed hair.Also I'm a guy so there might be a difference between the male and female perm.

After about 3 months I decided to get rid of my perm.So decided to get a shaved haircut to completely remove my perm.

(Its now october also I don't know about the exact dates so please don't get the dates confused).

After about 2 months after getting my haircut I noticed that my hair on the top is growing very slowly and my hair on the side and back of my head seems to be growing in a normal rate.

My hair grows long and gets thick really fast before I got the perm,But now my hair on the sides and back of my head seems to be outgrowing my top hair(Thats where I got the perm)

What I want to know is if this is normal after getting a chemically processed perm.

Will my side and back hair stay continue to outgrow my top hair?

Because my top hair is the only one that is growing slow.

Will my hair stay like this forever?Or is this normal after getting a chemically processed perm removed?

some people also told me that this is due to the chemicals put on my hair and is the reason why my top hair grows very slowly.

But I need the experts' answer on this
Please help.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 466 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 06:43 am
You would want to find out if your perm may have burned the hair shaft and the New growth is coming out at the follicle or if you damaged the follicles with chemical burn from this perm. You might have to go to a doctor about this perhaps start with a dermatologist.

Another thing is to not wear a hat all the time. My granddaughter, a hairstylist, said that lack of oxygen on the head does affect the growth rate. It gets slowed down. I asked her this because the Hair on the back of my head seem to Be getting thin. I sleep on my back and for sure, that was a Logical reason for just that area to be getting thin.
0 Replies