1
   

Religions and supernatural beliefs are the enemy of world peace, as shown by 5000 years of war.

 
 
Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2020 03:08 pm
Religions and supernatural beliefs are the enemy of world peace, as shown by 5000 years of war.

Supernatural believing faith-based religious hierarchies have been lying so much to their people that the more vulnerable of their people actually believe the --- mythical, allegorical, imaginary icons that they are persuaded,--- against all logic and reason, --- to believe in as real.

That is abuse to a mind.

A mind is a person’s most treasured possession and to allow liars and con men to effect and infect so many minds, --- should be made illegal, as well as a sin, --- but of course, --- the world is not ready for a moral religious lesson.

Logic, reason, logos, intelligent thinking, --- it seems, --- are no match against the vile con men who run the religions and the mythos they and the faith poison they use to damage precious minds.

We and our ancestors have paid a high price to the religious con men that have damaged so many minds. A huge price in minds, cash as well as; world peace.

Those con men should be censored.

Religions are a good thing. They have just forgotten that they were created to produce peace.

Not the God damned God produced 5,000 years of our war filled history.

While those same religions oppressed non-believers, women and gays. As the majority, the religious also impose poverty.

The supernatural belief fostered by the mainstream, --- immoral, homophobic, and misogynous religions, --- and their con men hierarchy, --- are not a friend to peace.

They should be outlawed as soon as possible.

This would allow what Jesus preached in terms of electing a human God.

Human Gods can make peace and I suggest we elect one, as in the Roman System, democracy; to bring peace to the world that we are God damned destroying for our children.

Their precious minds are in your hands.

Logos or mythos must be chosen by all.

Peace wants Logos, not mythos, faith, or an unproven supernatural concept of any kind.

Trust the method for peace that Jesus preached. Elect a God. A man.

Jesus asked his people if they had forgotten that they were Gods.

Most had, but not the Gnostics who had taught the Roman Jesus.

Be a Gnostic and recognize the evil of religions, as well as the good parts.

I would prefer to focus on the good, but my love has created a great hate for the religious con men who harm so many.

That hate forces me to call them out, even as I recognize the need for community churches. Less so now as in the past.

Our world cannot afford to lose good minds to religious faith based supernatural thinking that is helping to destroy our world.

Peace and decent morality would like to prevail.

Be decent parents and people and tell your children that there is nothing to fear from the supernatural, because there is only good, in what you can imagine somehow; even if you do not see it in your imagination immediately. Think dreams.

Minds are too precious to allow frivolous impairment with supernatural beliefs.

Save your mind by discarding faith without facts and the imaginary supernatural realm.

Please.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 819 • Replies: 46
No top replies

 
Jewels Vern
 
  1  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 04:46 am
@Greatest I am,
All your complaints result from electing human gods.

Your research is deficient.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 08:03 am
@Greatest I am,
I think your problem is with the term "supernatural beliefs". You are criticizing supernatural beliefs.. and yet supernatural beliefs are at the core of your argument.

Explain to me why war is bad... without using supernatural beliefs?

And explain to me how a "infecting so many minds...." can be "made illegal" in a democracy.

Democracy is all about infecting minds.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2020 03:47 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

All your complaints result from electing human gods.

Your research is deficient.


If you have more than a human god, you have lost your mind to supernatural thinking.

Put away the things of children.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2020 03:52 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I think your problem is with the term "supernatural beliefs". You are criticizing supernatural beliefs.. and yet supernatural beliefs are at the core of your argument.

Explain to me why war is bad... without using supernatural beliefs?

And explain to me how a "infecting so many minds...." can be "made illegal" in a democracy.

Democracy is all about infecting minds.



Indeed, with reality and not some supernatural lie.

War, like all such concepts, in our dualistic universe has a good and an evil side. Not in balance but certainly complimenting each other.

If I have to tell you why war and mass killing is more evil than good, then you will not understand the good parts of war either.

Read the Book of the Dead, where Christianity got the ten commandments.

Regards
DL
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:11 pm
@Greatest I am,
You are arguing against supernatural beliefs, yet you refer me to religious texts?

Your beliefs are supernatural beliefs.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:19 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are arguing against supernatural beliefs, yet you refer me to religious texts?

Your beliefs are supernatural beliefs.


Not when I read the bible the right way. I also hold no supernatural beliefs.

I, like the ancient and mostly modern intelligentsia, am not a literalist.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:24 pm
@Greatest I am,
You DO hold supernatural beliefs. You just are saying that your beliefs aren't supernatural because you believe they are true?

What do you think makes your beliefs anything but supernatural?
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:40 pm
The reason I am arguing this is that you are arguing that your beliefs are better than everyone else's beliefs. I am calling bullshit.

You are using the word "supernatural" to mean "inferior". That isn't what supernatural means. You beliefs are actually not any better than anyone else's beliefs... at least not from my perspective.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 08:03 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You DO hold supernatural beliefs. You just are saying that your beliefs aren't supernatural because you believe they are true?

What do you think makes your beliefs anything but supernatural?


What supernatural belief do you see me taking to?

I do not believe in spooks or the genocidal pricks that Christians call good?

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 08:04 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The reason I am arguing this is that you are arguing that your beliefs are better than everyone else's beliefs. I am calling bullshit.

You are using the word "supernatural" to mean "inferior". That isn't what supernatural means. You beliefs are actually not any better than anyone else's beliefs... at least not from my perspective.



If you are going to change my words for me then critique those, go away.

Regards
DL
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 08:31 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Be a Gnostic and recognize the evil of religions


I take this to mean that Gnosticism is superior to these religions (which have "evil").

Is Gnosticism better than any other religion?

If you are going to play the "Gnoticism isn't a religion" crap... then I will change the question.

"Is Gnosticism better than any other belief system"?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:20 am
@maxdancona,
Gnosticism isn’t a religion, it’s an approach to religion. You can have Gnostic Christians, Gnostic Muslims, Gnostic whatever. It’s a view that that looks upon its religion more as a series of allegories and myths, not something to be taken literally. On a sliding scale if you had literal fundamentalist at one end then Gnosticism will be at the other.

Now if you want to avoid the “bullshit” about Gnosticism not being a religion why don’t you ask the OP about what they specifically believe in, which is a particular, some would say narrow, type of Gnostic Christianity?

Or you could stick to being vague just to spin things out.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:26 am
@izzythepush,
Really Izzy. Gnosticism is a set of religious beliefs that developed among Jews and Christians in the first century. There were no Muslims at the time. I suppose you can use the word any way you like.... and I am sure that there is someone in the world who considers herself a "gnostic Muslim" (and I won't argue).

I am pretty sure that the OP is a Gnostic Christian. I will let him speak for himself.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:27 am
@izzythepush,
This is another thread you followed me into. Apparently you find me interesting after all!

izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:31 am
@maxdancona,
Oh dear your ego really has taken a battering. Believe it or not I have spoken to the OP in the past on more than one occasion.

I still find you dull, which is why I was trying to gee up the conversation before it sank into perpetual inertia.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:42 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Religions and supernatural beliefs are the enemy of world peace, as shown by 5000 years of war.

Supernatural believing faith-based religious hierarchies have been lying so much to their people that the more vulnerable of their people actually believe the --- mythical, allegorical, imaginary icons that they are persuaded,--- against all logic and reason, --- to believe in as real.

That is abuse to a mind.

A mind is a person’s most treasured possession and to allow liars and con men to effect and infect so many minds, --- should be made illegal, as well as a sin, --- but of course, --- the world is not ready for a moral religious lesson.

Logic, reason, logos, intelligent thinking, --- it seems, --- are no match against the vile con men who run the religions and the mythos they and the faith poison they use to damage precious minds.

We and our ancestors have paid a high price to the religious con men that have damaged so many minds. A huge price in minds, cash as well as; world peace.

Those con men should be censored.

Religions are a good thing. They have just forgotten that they were created to produce peace.

Not the God damned God produced 5,000 years of our war filled history.

While those same religions oppressed non-believers, women and gays. As the majority, the religious also impose poverty.

The supernatural belief fostered by the mainstream, --- immoral, homophobic, and misogynous religions, --- and their con men hierarchy, --- are not a friend to peace.

They should be outlawed as soon as possible.

This would allow what Jesus preached in terms of electing a human God.

Human Gods can make peace and I suggest we elect one, as in the Roman System, democracy; to bring peace to the world that we are God damned destroying for our children.

Their precious minds are in your hands.

Logos or mythos must be chosen by all.

Peace wants Logos, not mythos, faith, or an unproven supernatural concept of any kind.

Trust the method for peace that Jesus preached. Elect a God. A man.

Jesus asked his people if they had forgotten that they were Gods.

Most had, but not the Gnostics who had taught the Roman Jesus.

Be a Gnostic and recognize the evil of religions, as well as the good parts.

I would prefer to focus on the good, but my love has created a great hate for the religious con men who harm so many.

That hate forces me to call them out, even as I recognize the need for community churches. Less so now as in the past.

Our world cannot afford to lose good minds to religious faith based supernatural thinking that is helping to destroy our world.

Peace and decent morality would like to prevail.

Be decent parents and people and tell your children that there is nothing to fear from the supernatural, because there is only good, in what you can imagine somehow; even if you do not see it in your imagination immediately. Think dreams.

Minds are too precious to allow frivolous impairment with supernatural beliefs.

Save your mind by discarding faith without facts and the imaginary supernatural realm.

Please.

Regards
DL



In a discussion of topics like this, "beliefs" are merely blind guesses about the REALITY.

Some people blindly guess there is at least one god...and that the god can be offended or pleased by things humans do...and will reward what pleases and punish what offends.

Some people blindly guess that there is a "higher something" that has no concerns about what humans do or do not do.

Some people blindly guess there are no gods.

Some people simply avoid blindly guessing on the issue; acknowledge that they do not know enough about the REALITY to comment on it...and then live their lives as best they can according to standards they set for themselves.

Seems we have discussed this in other fora, DL.

So what's up?
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
The point I am making is that

Everyone has these "blind beliefs". We need beliefs, it is part of being human.

If you believe "all men are equal". That is a blind belief. If you believe that "human life is important and should be protected" that is a blind belief.

When you oppose slavery, or call for civil rights, or denounce war... you are basing these on core beliefs that human life has value and that humans are equal. There is no scientific reason to believe these things. You believe them out of faith.

When people who say they aren't religious attack people who are religion for having beliefs they are being hypocritical. We all have beliefs.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:59 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:


The point I am making is that

Everyone has these "blind beliefs". We need beliefs, it is part of being human.

If you believe "all men are equal". That is a blind belief. If you believe that "human life is important and should be protected" that is a blind belief.

When you oppose slavery, or call for civil rights, or denounce war... you are basing these on core beliefs that human life has value and that humans are equal. There is no scientific reason to believe these things. You believe them out of faith.

When people who say they aren't religious attack people who are religion for having beliefs they are being hypocritical. We all have beliefs.


I don't.

I have opinions. When I express an opinion...I call it an opinion.

I have estimations. When I express an estimation...I call it an estimation.

I have preferences. When I express a preference...I call it a preference.

I offer hypotheticals. When I express a hypothesis...I call it a hypothesis.

I also have guesses. When I express a guess...I call it a guess.

I just don't do "believing."

So we do not ALL have "beliefs."

maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 10:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ok Frank.

Do you believe that slavery is wrong? Or is this just an opinion.
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Religions and supernatural beliefs are the enemy of world peace, as shown by 5000 years of war.
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/05/2020 at 07:52:56