Breaking News: Dr. Anthony Fauci has tested positive

snood

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 08:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

neptuneblue wrote:
How is this ok for a President to do?

My point was that he didn't knowingly mock a person's disability. Are we past that argument now?

Understandable you’d want to put this “argument” to rest.

Yeah, I'm done with it, but not because you are in any way right - just because it’s a huge waste trying to argue with a determined liar.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 08:13 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

neptuneblue wrote:
How is this ok for a President to do?

My point was that he didn't knowingly mock a person's disability. Are we past that argument now?

Understandable you’d want to put this “argument” to rest.

Yeah, I'm done with it, but not because you are in any way right - just because it’s a huge waste trying to argue with a determined liar.

That was a post to someone else, not you, and I was only trying to find out if he wanted to go on to the next topic that he had been bringing up. I am perfectly willing to continue to debate my argument with you.

So, you are:

(1) Calling a person a liar with no evidence rather than argue the topic.
(2) Resorting to attacks on the poster.
(3) Not even looking at the video evidence I provided.
(4) Fleeing the argument because your claims cannot actually survive reasoned debate.

Okay, then, under those circumstances, I win.
snood

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 08:23 am
@Brandon9000,
I read the whole article. I watched every video supposedly exonerating Trump of knowingly mocking a disabled person.

There is nothing there that would convince anyone, except people like you who defend everything the liar in chief does.

I’ll leave it at this. You want people to believe that Donald Trump, a man proud of his ability to attach disparaging nicknames, mock people’s looks and intelligence,
and generally put everyone down, just didn’t know that the journalist saying negative things about Trump was disabled- as he mocked his disability.

I want people to believe their eyes and ears, and believe that the person Trump has shown himself to be is actually the person he is.

You can have the last word on this. I’m done.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 08:30 am
@snood,
In the video I link in below, there are two examples of Trump using those same gestures to mock other non-disabled people. They are both in the first half of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eoyfu2BsQs
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 08:32 am
@snood,
Haven't read this exchange other than this post.

Trump knowingly mocked a disabled reporter. I saw it with my own eyes. Anyone arguing otherwise is either being disingenuous for purported political gain or is a ******* idiot.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 08:34 am
@lmur,
Imur wrote
Quote:
Anyone arguing otherwise is either being disingenuous for purported political gain or is a ******* idiot.

Or both!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 08:38 am
@lmur,
lmur wrote:
Haven't read this exchange other than this post.

Trump knowingly mocked a disabled reporter. I saw it with my own eyes. Anyone arguing otherwise is either being disingenuous for purported political gain or is a ******* idiot.

How about this, then? Examples of him using the same gestures for other people previously:

izzythepush

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:01 am
@Brandon9000,
When you refuse to understand basic English it’s warranted.

I suspect you’re being deliberately obtuse, but if you want to act stupid expect to be treated accordingly.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:02 am
@Brandon9000,
I’m not a ******* Liberal!

Get your facts right.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I’m not a ******* Liberal!

Get your facts right.

A person who posts an assertion is responsible for providing evidence to support it. The rest of the noise is just a smoke screen.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:16 am
@Brandon9000,
no, in our system its actually your responsibility to PROVE YOUR POINT.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:17 am
@Brandon9000,
I'm not sure why you'd think drudging up even more videos of Trump acting poorly suits your purposes. It actually weakens your position, in the fact that Trump is a horrible human being generally and more specifically, mocked a disabled person. Your assertion that Trump didn't "know" the reporter is disabled is a lie. Trump knew, he didn't care.

"I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovalski [sic] is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence," Trump said in a November statement.

Kovaleski countered that he and Trump had met at least a dozen times and the two were on a first-name basis when Kovaleski was a reporter at The New York Daily News covering Trump in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Trump disputes this.

Few pundits and political analysts bought the explanation about his November comments, especially when Trump in July claimed he was only imitating the reporter groveling.

“Trump now suggests he was just imitating a grovel, but that’s not what he was actually doing,” Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler wrote in August.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/did-trump-really-mock-reporters-disability-videos-could-back-him-up

Again, how is this behavior appropriate in any way? Why won't you answer this direct question?
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:18 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

no, in our system its actually your responsibility to PROVE YOUR POINT.

That's what I said. The person who has the point is the person who's responsible to prove it. If you post a claim, then you're the one who has to show that it's true.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:20 am
@Brandon9000,
no, you originally accused him of something. He merely denied it. Burden of proof---- its yours sir.

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:22 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
...Again, how is this behavior appropriate in any way? Why won't you answer this direct question?

In this video which I posted today, Trump is shown using the same gestures to other people previously.

This supports the idea that it was not developed to emulate one person's disability.

The reason I won't answer, as I have repeatedly explained to you, is that it is not the subject I was talking about, and I will not allow you to distract me from my point. If you're done with the "Trump mocked a disabled reporter" discussion, I would be only to happy to go on to the next point, but not before.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:24 am
@Brandon9000,
so, in your mind, its OK to mock the man who was disabled, becaue Trump does this a lot???

Weirdness abounds in Trump Reality
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:24 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

no, you originally accused him of something. He merely denied it. Burden of proof---- its yours sir.

No, it's not. I have a long history with Izzy of him becoming indignant when asked to support his assertions and I even located and linked in one example earlier in this thread. Not my fault if you haven't read my previous posts in this thread.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:26 am
@Brandon9000,
Again, using other videos of Trump slurring people doesn't take away the fact he knew the reporter, knew he was disabled and made wild gestures mockingly.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
so, in your mind, its OK to mock the man who was disabled, becaue Trump does this a lot???

Weirdness abounds in Trump Reality

That doesn't sound like what I said. I said that he didn't develop his mannerisms to mock the guy's disability because he had a history of using those gestures with other, non-disabled people.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 09:28 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Again, using other videos of Trump slurring people doesn't take away the fact he knew the reporter, knew he was disabled and made wild gestures mockingly.

The fact that he had used those gestures to mock other people in the past, suggests that those gestures had not been intended to mimick that reporter's disability.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 07:59:13