The Anti-Muslim predjudice on A2K is wrong.

kickycan

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:19 pm
I love it when Lash gets all badass like this.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:21 pm
Lash, Here's a starter. I've got many more.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51885&start=0
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:25 pm
Who are we at war with? Terrorists, specifically, islamic terrorists. Continue.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:31 pm
Here's another. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39696&start=0
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Don't you people understand what "slow progress" means? Holy cow! I know as well as anybody that women all over the world are not treated fairly - even in the US. So what's your point?

Tacit approval with murder and torture of women and girls in Iran.

kicky--

You can see who was personally rude first-- Defense isn't badass. I'm sure you'd rather me allow him to make all the insults he wants, and be silent. You don't. What makes you think I should? Unless you share CI's views about women.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:37 pm
Tacit approval? Show me where I said such a thing? What the hell are you smoking?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:38 pm
Your ***, it seems.

Edited for profanity.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:39 pm
Lash wrote:
Your ***, it seems.

Laughing

I'm sorry. I tried not to laugh ... but I couldn't help it.

[Edited to mirror Lash's self-censorship.]
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:41 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:07 pm
You go lash. Wink

http://strictwomen.fetishvideotheater.com/images/P1268030.jpg

Hope that's OK to post.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:16 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:27 pm
BBB
It would be funny to watch you all get in such a dither over such a shallow topic as golf if the treatment of women were not such a serious subject.

C.I. is making a well-intentioned, but inadequate point and deserves gentle enlightenment, not severe bashing. He is a gentle soul and knows well how discrimination feels first hand when he and his family were interred in concentration camps at the beginning of WWII.

Sorry C.I. despite your good intensions, I don't think you should continue to waste your time trying to support your point with the example of golf. Golf is not equal to the task of demonstrating any improvement re the mistreatment of women in so many parts of the world. I understand your intent, but it just doesn't do the job you intended.

When the US was creating the criteria for the new constitution in Afghanistan, I knew it would never work because the males in Afghanistan would never except equal rights for women. Even if the constitution was adopted, one of the first things that would be changed when Afghanistan becomes self-governing and out from under US control, will be an amendment to return to traditional treatment of women. Unfortunately, US demands for improving the status of women is a deterrent in the effort to introduce democracy into countries with no history of such government. Sadly, I sometimes think that the issue of women's rights must be set aside temporarily to achieve any form of democratic government. Only then, with generations of education, will improvement in the status of women be achieved in incremental steps. After all, this is what happened in the U.S. It took 100 years for women to be allowed to vote.

In Muslim countries, not much will change until there is a general Reformation. There is great resistance to changing cultural traditions in the treatment of women, even in secular Muslim countries. There is a big difference between what the law requires and what is actually practiced. Many countries have laws that prohibit some of the horrendous practices against women. The laws are often not enforced, especially in rural areas. It will take a Reformation and many generations of education to bring about any changes. It means educating women as well as men. Many women subscribe to their status and resist change for their own reasons. They see Muslim restrictions as protecting them rather than abuse.

We also have to remember that abuse of women is rampant in non-Muslim countries around the world, so Muslims should not be singled out for blame.

I've worked most of my adult life to improve the status of women throughout the world. I'm encouraged by the progress to date, but terribly disappointed and distressed by the lack of progress is so many parts of the world.

BBB
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:46 pm
Lash wrote:
kicky--

You can see who was personally rude first-- Defense isn't badass. I'm sure you'd rather me allow him to make all the insults he wants, and be silent. You don't. What makes you think I should? Unless you share CI's views about women.

You mistook my praise for mockery I think. I only meant badass in the best possible way. I may disagree with you on a lot of things, but you are an A2K badass. I love it.
0 Replies