RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

chai2

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 07:28 pm
Died today at age 87.

So sad.

Please, no insults. Let's be better than that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,016 • Replies: 42
Topic Closed

Sturgis

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:22 pm
@chai2,
I was somewhat surprised when the news came out. For whatever reason I just thought (and hoped) she would be around for another few years. Maybe the way she had made it through other health issues gave me an unrealistic sense of semi-imortality.
She was one of the best the SC ever had. She is already missed.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:41 pm
This breaks my heart, that small brilliant woman worked her entire life to keep people free.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 04:51 am
If you'll excuse the cliche, the woman was a legend in her own time.
Quote:
According to Ginsburg’s granddaughter, the justice made a dying wish: “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 05:38 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
so Plump will now attempt to plant hizzown version of partisan, activist judges
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 05:44 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:

Feminism is a radical Marxist ideology meant to punish men simply for being men
welcome to Lovey:s world. Set your clocks back 200 years.

So you feel that the franchise should only be granted to white property owning men eh?.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 05:47 am
@chai2,
sorry,
hightor

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 05:51 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
chai2 wrote:

Please, no insults. Let's be better than that.
Ragman

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 07:02 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Feminism is a radical Marxist ideology meant to punish men simply for being men.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Woman’s equality should matter to all thinking feeling people, Clearly that disallows you. A women must be allowed to choose what goes on in her own body. No government should interfere with that right.
chai2

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:18 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

sorry,

That’s ok. He’s obviously not better than that.
Ragman

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 03:47 pm
@chai2,
Sad for the country that the loss deprives the country of the best lawmaker in decades at such a crucial juncture in our history.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 12:58 am
Now Lovey is pouting that Im stalking him. Would he have been so charmed by my lucid analyses.
glitterbag

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 01:18 am
@farmerman,
Is Lovey a new member???? I can't speak for him, but many of us find you charming even when you're cranky.
farmerman

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:00 am
@glitterbag,
I think he is a newer member. Im not sure . Hes obviously "of the body" so I kinda laugh and move on but once in a while when I see him his political assertions about how others (not of the body) are traitors or some other pookey that he fails to understand how our great country allows and invites disagreement.

He started calling me a moron because I explained the chemistry of paper pulping and he got all defenive rather than discussing the point. SOOOOo I look upon his assertions more as a cry for help in his own education.

I think hes just another one who makes believe hes much more broadly educated than he is. Hes part of the pinky /Ollie crowd who believe that theres only one right way to adress a problem in governance, a sure sign of offensive ignorance.