RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Ragman

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 08:10 am
How ‘bout them Red Sox? Bummer year but better luck next yeah.
farmerman

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 02:57 pm
@Ragman,
Dem Phillies need some pitchin. All their wins have been a result of overpowering the pitching stadds and this dent work with all the teams.

Penn State (Big 10) FOOBALL starts mid October with a bunch of games played mid-week. weeeew. Thats crude
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 03:11 pm
@Ragman,
Stop your whining. You just clobbered my Yankees 10-2.
Ragman

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:21 pm
@Sturgis,
That’s Dog’s will!
Sturgis

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:25 pm
@Ragman,
Wha..

But, but, bbbbut wasn't he/she/it waving a Yankees flag?

Whadaya mean Noah is holding a piece of damaging info on her/it/him?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:42 pm
Moving right along, New York State did a blue lighting tribute last night at various places.
Here's an article from a local paper. Click on the number 11 at the center of the photo and it will bring up the full page of photos.

www.silive.com/news/2020/09/photos-see-ny-landmarks-lit-in-blue-to-honor-justice-ginsburg.html
chai2

Mon 21 Sep, 2020 05:00 pm
@Sturgis,
Ya been Ginsburged!

0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 12:28 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
help in his own education.

I've been collecting comics for 25 years, and you feel the need to "educate" me about it???

Who the hell are you???

How about I come to your farm and tell you what to do with it?

And you call Trump pompous...
farmerman

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 02:14 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
yep I wasnt being pompous, just correct. Your blame on Oxygen falls into what in chemistry is labeled a kind of universal reactant. OXYGEN mut be "dealt with" by manufacturing papers that wont, through oxidation ,suffer destructive acidification which results in destruction of cheaply -made papers). You are blaming a chemical gas that is necessary to almost ALL life on the planet.
Your simple minded blaming of the gas necessary to us all , as a TOXICANT, is preciously elementary.
Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 04:45 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Nozzle, the word is Nozzle, if you want to ound glib in print, at least understnd the structures of the words you use.

I dont know about all the kinds of paper that were used. I DO know tht the bisulfite and chloro sulfitic pulping were quite common for book qnd comic pqpers. The Ti pulp would be shiny qn ws used for the higher end mags qnd stuff like Nat Geo.
My company hd series of contracts for environment management (protect river and ground water) that could be affected by pulping. My clients included P&G, Glatfelter (Who hd the Nat Geo contract for mag paper) and Westvaco paper.

I dont need to know everything nor did I say I did, You are the only on trying to act smarter thn he is.

1..Oxygen is NOT a contaminant,(IT IS NOT THE PROBLEM) its a ubiquitous gas conjouring up about 19% of our atmosphere along with N2 at roughly 78%

2. The chemiiwtry of paper is the problem, just like iron rut and copper corrodes, it is chemically reacting with atmospheric gases. You can either keep the tmophere away from the heaply pulped paper, OR, you can use a totally different process to produce the pqper.
Most comics in the 40's and 50's were done in a clro sulfitic mush which created great amounts of water pollution and acidic media. Many higher end paper mfrs used the TiO2 or cotton fibre pulping (More expensive but lasts for centuries if kept from high humidity.

Oxygen i a problem to your life by your definition. So, when we tlk about "Theres yyer problem" dont make believe that nature i at fault for creaming yer comic books.

As far as my collection that I INHERITED from my older cousin. I think I mentioned the complete sets of comics I hqd. I didnt have everything EC produced(thats a claim you just made and its a lie), I have but a few covers Only a few , ). I listed them earlier.
You seem to enjoy making up **** about what others supposedly said and hoping someone will believe yer BS. I can see why you like Plump, yer both bigass deceptionistas.

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 06:15 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
I've been collecting comics for 25 years, and you feel the need to "educate" me about it

Ive been researching in chemistry and geochemistry for over 40 years Lovey. So you collect comics. BFD Maybe you know more about the literature in comics but obviously not the recipes of paper.

night Lovey. read you some Little Lulu and Tubby Tomkins before beddy bye.
oralloy

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 07:52 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Don't take Farmerman seriously. He never has any idea what he is talking about, and he tries to bluff his way through conversations by pretending to have superior knowledge and spouting lots of name-calling.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 01:59 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive been researching in chemistry and geochemistry for over 40 years

You'd think in all that time you would have learned some basics about spelling and grammar.

Imagine being such a jackhole that you think you know better than all the other people who've been involved in a hobby for decades when you yourself have no experience with it.

FreedomEyeLove

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 02:29 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Don't take Farmerman seriously. He never has any idea what he is talking about, and he tries to bluff his way through conversations by pretending to have superior knowledge and spouting lots of name-calling.

Apparently he's an expert on police procedure now as well.

It's crazy how he knows everything about everything...
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 04:47 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Code:

You'd think in all that time you would have learned some basics about spelling and grammar
My grammar is mostly spot on.My spelling is a problem I admit. Smart people dont have any problems understanding what Im saying.
I try not to make **** up like you do . Ionly do it when we are joking about.

Whats your excuse??
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 08:17 am

Justice Ginsburg will break one final barrier this morning:

She will be the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol...
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 08:26 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Justice Ginsburg will break one final barrier this morning:

She will be the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol...

That is amazing...and says something about us that is revealing.

THE FIRST WOMAN TO HAVE THAT HONOR...that has been afforded to dozens of MEN over the years.

Rosa Parks Laid in Honor in the Rotunda...but not Laid in State.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:30 am
Quote:
Youre a fat-ass fact faker.

If this isn't the fat, dumb pot calling the kettle black Laughing
farmerman

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 05:51 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I think youre a cereal masturbationist