The real measure of a real economy ...

bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:17 pm
@maxdancona,
I'll keep it in mind.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:21 pm
When you have a factual question, you start with the question (without knowing the answer). A factual question needs to be well defined. And, the answer should have to do only with the data. Economic progress under a Republican administration should be measured the same as under a Democratic administration.

When I look at a factual question, I first think about what the question actually means. Often claims can be interpreted in many ways, so to answer a question you need to say "if I see this in the data... that that means this". And the answer has to come from the data.

In reality, sometimes the data supports one political narrative. Sometimes it supports the other. If you see the data always perfectly supports your political narrative, it suggests that you aren't being honest.

The fact is that if Hillary Clinton had been elected... and under her administration we had seen unemployment go down, productivity go up, businesses do well with strong trade... it would been rightly hailed as a great economy. No one would have questioned it.

Trump happens to be president, that doesn't change the numbers. I don't like Trump. For many reasons, I hope he loses. But to change your opinion of economic facts based on your dislike of Trump is ridiculous. The facts are the facts.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You just thumb mindlessly.

No I do not. I do not votes posts down because they disappear and then I can't see all the stupid **** you and others have posted. I vote some posts up but you have no idea of the frequency. If we knew how others voted and how many times you would not be here.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 07:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Cj this has been going on for years and for the over two years I went elsewhere:

https://able2know.org/topic/467321-1
coldjoint

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 09:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Cj this has been going on for years and for the over two years I went elsewhere:

It went on when you were here before. You were suspended for 2 years.
glitterbag

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:24 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You were suspended for over two years. Glass house much?
coldjoint

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:27 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

coldjoint wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You were suspended for over two years. Glass house much?

I have no problem admitting that. He does. I was not suspended for vote tampering I was suspended for telling people like you what you needed to hear. I still do, but not the same way, a lot of my old habits are gone and not coming back.
vikorr

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:33 am
@coldjoint,
I was rather bemused by the vote tampering in this thread. I've only very rarely seen more than 20 up votes. So seeing 100+ up votes for saying not much?...then I started thinking about how much time it would take, creating and logging onto so many different accounts just to thumb yourself up....

...and to do it over and over again - is there an automated way you can do it? Or just lunacy? (seriously, how can it be sane?)

...in any event, even if the person was talking absolute fact, I'd still find it hard taking anything such a person said seriously...
maxdancona

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 05:46 am
@vikorr,
If I were going to do this (and for the record, I have never had any desire to do this) I would write a script. All you would have to do is create a couple of hundred fake accounts.

Then the script (i.e. bot) could just cycle through each account, login, click the desired thumb the desired post, and then logout. There are tools (i.e. Selenium) that make this easy.

A script could do this in a few seconds at most.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:16 am
@vikorr,
Contact FreedomEyeLove, she seems to know how to do it. And I be while she may have a sock or two, she didn't need an army.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:19 am
@maxdancona,
That seems a complex way to do it, signing socks in and out. like

It looks like FreedomEyeLove has found a work around.
coldjoint

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 10:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

That seems a complex way to do it, signing socks in and out. like

It looks like FreedomEyeLove has found a work around.

You are the person doing it.
0 Replies