"And they shall follow a false prophet and wear his mark on their forehead..."

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 07:35 pm
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/i4oG2kA-u7NgGNCmxkz3-TG6FoE=/0x0:5178x3452/1200x800/filters:focal(2354x936:3182x1764)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54178577/GettyImages_621809248.0.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,297 • Replies: 49

maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 07:50 pm
https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-pmn.s3.amazonaws.com/public/KNPQP2NC4RAA5I6TIDQET3FLUQ.jpg
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 07:51 pm
On one side we have angry White people in Red hats...
On the other side we have angry White people in Pink hats...

The United States is just a bunch of angry White people yelling at each other in colored hats.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 07:52 pm
Donnie Two Scoops is standing before you, a fool in a dyed comb-over, fake tan, ‘coke nose’ scars, a girdle, lifts, Depends and a cheap suit. If he came to your door selling vacuum cleaners you would kick him off the porch and ask the Sheriff to chase him out of town.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 07:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Could you have trivialized the difference in anymore of a petty manner?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 08:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Could you have trivialized the difference in anymore of a petty manner?

There is no significant difference. That is my point.

The Pink hat team and the Red hat team are equally ridiculous... which is why roughly half the country will vote for each side.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 08:19 pm
@maxdancona,
You're wrong. They are not equal in anysense except both are American.

The pink hats are looking for childcare, equal wages and opportunities, the ability to walk freely without worry about sexual assault.

The red hats are racists looking to jail and expell anyone who disagrees, they want unfettered gun ownership and they like walking armed with assault weapons, they lie, cheat and they do not give a **** about you, Max. At some point you will need to choose sides. They are not going away. They are only interested in continuing their goals of gathering up up the commons and selling it to the higher bidder. They are intent on stomping on your rights and making you compliant or a prisoner or dead. There is no third way. There are no other options. They've made this a fight to the death and there are no other options: Biden or disaster.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 08:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You are just lining up on your respective sides and yelling insults at each other.

You say that want "unfettered gun ownership.... blah blah blah".

They say that you "want police to be killed and are obsessed with looting".

I don't see much difference.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 08:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
They've made this a fight to the death and there are no other options

I have seen B-level Kung Fu movies with better dialog than this.

This is funny... even though I suspect you aren't joking. You are being silly.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 08:35 pm
Why can't we put country ahead of our partisan team. Why can't we accept that this is a democracy, and that the people on the other side aren't the enemy. We are all American.. and we are going to have to work together and compromise.

Why can't I support Biden without attacking the patriotism of Trump supporters, or support Trump without attacking the patriotism of Biden supporters?

Why can't I support the ideas behind Black Lives Matter and believe in its importance while condemning violence against property and police?

Why can't I believe in progressive ideals while accepting that conservatives make some valid points too?

Why can't I criticize people on either side when they say something ridiculous?

The extremists on the left and the right have worked together to turn everything in the United States into a battlefield. There is no room for anyone to question, or to think critically or to express any ideas outside of the two extremes without being down in the shouting.

These attack threads aren't doing anything to help the country
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 08:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
yelling insults at each other.

I believe its a lot more one sided than you do, and true or not there valid points being made. We are in an extreme situation - we've never had Presidents looking for unlimited terms or who have threatened to cancel or delay national elections before. There are not the actions of small D democrats or Republicans, either for that matter.

If you can't see the difference, I truly feel sorry for you.

Quote:
You say that want "unfettered gun ownership.... blah blah blah".

They say that you "want police to be killed and are obsessed with looting".

If you think there is parity between unfettered gun ownership (of which they make no bones about and have repeated specifically over and over and over) and everyone here against that stupidity, who believe in in reforming how we police this nation (not ONE of us here has EVER expressed any version of "want(ing) police to be killed and are obsessed with looting" than you are not paying attention.

Get informed and make a choice. We need you.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 08:54 pm
@maxdancona,
Speaking of meaningless insult:

Quote:
I have seen B-level Kung Fu movies with better dialog than this.

This is funny... even though I suspect you aren't joking. You are being silly.

But that's nothing you'd ever sink to, right?

This is a fight to keep our rights. I am shocked you think that's petty or silly. Shame on you.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 09:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Why can't I support Biden without attacking the patriotism of Trump supporters, or support Trump without attacking the patriotism of Biden supporters?

Who's stopping you from supporting Joe Biden? Who insists you jam Trump?

The issue isn't Biden vs Trump on an equal playing field, purely a question of Democratic vs Republican. Because we aren't facing a political choice, we are facing the existential choice of the political system we've been very successful with and this new one that is crazily stacked against Democracy in the US.

I really do not think allowing 200,000 Americans die from Covid19 with no plan is merely a matter of style between Biden and Trump. If Trump is a criminal or incompetent acknowledging it is not name calling.

More importantly: this race have surprisingly little to do with Biden and Trump, much more important are the equal goals of giving President Biden the same thing President Trump had: a Senate he can work with and Democrats need to get control of state legislatures to fix gerrymandering and clear the road blocks to voting registration.

One thing I believe in my heart: if we can make it clear everyone should vote and all votes count, a lot of Trump's supporters wouldn't be so cynical.

Just to be clear: I am a Republican, I come from multiple generations of rock ribbed Republicans. There are four Republican Governors from my family and multiple Congressmen and Senators, my family fought in the French and Indian wars and the Revolution and there are monuments to members of my family in National parks in North Carolina, my wife is a 30 vet of CIA and I'm ex Navy, and she has been several times treasurer for the county Republican Party. We take being American very seriously.

There is absolutely nothing petty, shallow or "personal" in my concerns with Donald Trump, but he is no Republican I've ever seen and I bet he would not know a Republican precept if it tripped him on the way to the table for his next cheeseburg.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 09:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
My position is clear.

1) I want Biden to win. I want Trump to lose.

2) I want the extreme left to shut up. I think this is an important part of point #1.

3) I trust Democracy. If Trump wins, It will be unfortunate, it is not the end of the free world. We don't live in the Star Wars Universe (Trump and Miller aren't building a Death Star).

4) The extreme left scares me. I don't want the angry White people in pink hats to be in control. Particularly the censorship and public shaming coming from the left is bad for democracy. The radical ideas of dealing with police reform also scare me.

5) There is a hell of a lot of Americans who dislike Trump but will vote for Trump because of the extreme rhetoric coming from the left. You will see Biden addressing this... he already has in his speeches and it will be an important theme in the debates.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 09:18 pm
@maxdancona,
Fair enough.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:25 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Max is parroting Trump. This is Max’s take on Trump saying there were good and bad on both sides when the Nazis raged in Charlottesville and murdered a protester.

This is Max all along trying to make out that opposition to Trump is just as extreme as Trump’s supporters and how his is the only voice of reason.

It’s not as subtle as his sock puppet Oralloy but it’s just as pernicious an attack on Democracy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:27 am
@maxdancona,
That’s what you’re saying, but you lie all the time. Everything you say should be taken with a pinch of salt.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 03:10 pm
@maxdancona,
If you cannot figure out the difference, then, something is wrong with your brain patterns.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 05:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Why even keep up charade at all here bob? Why not just vote yourself up to +100 on every post. We all know you can do it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 08:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You're wrong. They are not equal in anysense except both are American.

The pink hats are looking for childcare, equal wages and opportunities, the ability to walk freely without worry about sexual assault.

The red hats are racists looking to jail and expell anyone who disagrees, they want unfettered gun ownership and they like walking armed with assault weapons, they lie, cheat and they do not give a **** about you, Max. At some point you will need to choose sides. They are not going away. They are only interested in continuing their goals of gathering up up the commons and selling it to the higher bidder. They are intent on stomping on your rights and making you compliant or a prisoner or dead. There is no third way. There are no other options. They've made this a fight to the death and there are no other options: Biden or disaster.

What a load of crap. The Left is cancelling people, ruining careers, and changing lives and not for the better. So far that is propaganda's oldest trick.

They cheat and lie? Are you serious? They want police to keep people safe. That is caring.

Quote:
They are intent on stomping on your rights and making you compliant or a prisoner or dead.

The side that censors people on the internet and has violent demonstrations to stop someone from speaking at universities. The side yelling at people eating and burning cities are taking your rights away. Classic projection not based in fact and full of lies and hateful as Trump supporters are insulted by the media daily. Leftists demand compliance to their every thought.

You are the authoritarians using violence and high drama like a ham on stage to appeal to emotions and try to impose guilt. Unfortunately it works and you are living proof.
0 Replies