Is violence against fascists acceptable if it achives a noble goal?

Sturgis

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 02:37 pm
The current roadmap has signs everywhere stating that an attempted coup is not far down the road.

Both sides fighting each other, a delusional 'leader' endorsing had behaviors and often illegal actions, such as "vote twice", to which his ball sack licking Attorney General says, "I don't know about particular state laws.". The law is found on the Federal level! Little Billy Barr is more sickening hourly.

Every damn sign is emblazoned with COUP.
0 Replies

thebobeternal

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 02:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
People protesting police violence are setting businesses on fire

Those wealthy white businesses owners have insurance.

Quote:
They have even shot people dead.

What if they were racists who deserved it?
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You can talk.

It’s fairly straight forward, your execrable sentence construction is so **** awful makes an inept spluttering buffoon like Trump appear like Cicero in comparison.

In other words the gulf between Cicero’s masterful oratory and Trump’s slobbering prose is as great and cavernous as that between Trump and your good self.

You can be highly amusing at times and I am far too busy laughing at you to hate your little English heart.

Footnote a large percent of the major US founding fathers was in love with the history of the Roman Republic reading about it from the books mainly of Titus Livius and Edward Gibbon.

They used pen names of famous Romans in their writings.

It is hardly surprising that we are going down the tube in a similar manner to them.

Thank for bringing up Rome in any case.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:36 am
@BillRM,
Footnote, your English is far too bad to laugh at, it’s quite depressing.

It’s like a working model on the futility of existence.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 02:05 pm
@izzythepush,
... the impossible bit is getting him to mean it.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 02:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Exactly.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Footnote, your English is far too bad to laugh at, it’s quite depressing.

It’s like a working model on the futility of existence.
r

How you doing my little English friend?

I am thinking of paying another visit to your lovely nation in the near future as soon as the virus had run it course but I need to know what airport I should fly into so you will not need to drive too far to pick me up.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:22 pm
@BillRM,
Auckland.
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Auckland.

Is that south of Southampton???
0 Replies

Halcyon

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 04:35 pm
@maxdancona,
Very well said
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 07:56 am
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:
Is it justified to use physical force against the white supremacists/Nazis/Trumpers?

No. And they have the right to defend themselves if you attack them.

thebobeternal wrote:
We can look to historical examples where using force against evil was necessary.

You are the evil person in this equation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:01 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What about WW2?

That was justified self defense. Japan attacked us. We defended ourselves.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:02 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
You have a very warped idea of what a win is.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were an outstanding triumph over the forces of evil.

I'd call that a win.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If that were the case there would be no need for BLM

There is in fact no need for BLM. They are bad people who are demanding to do a bad thing. It is proper that their demands are ignored.

izzythepush wrote:
and there wouldn't be any protests right now.

Progressives always are always protesting nonsense for no good reason.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It is an example of using violence against fascists. Something you have claimed is unacceptable.

Defensive violence is acceptable. Aggressive violence is unacceptable.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:41 am
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:
But what if, for instance, without that violence, Trump is re-elected and installs himself as a permanent dictator, eliminating presidential term limits?

Mr. Trump is not going to become a dictator or a permanent anything, and you are a delusional whack job if you think that he is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:42 am
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:
If that's the case, what would be wrong with anything that Trump has done thus far?

Nothing is wrong with what Mr. Trump has done so far. He's doing a good job.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:43 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Trump is breaking American social norms. He is dishonest. He is divisive. He is making society less fair and equal. He is using the public space for personal gain. He is cruel towards the poor and refugees. He is putting his own political gain over the public good.

Any one of these things is immoral.

I do not agree that Mr. Trump is doing any of those things.

I do not agree that any of those things are immoral.

I'd like to comment specifically on the "divisive" thing.

I think it's pretty silly of progressives to blame other people for the fact that progressives refuse to get along with them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:45 am
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:
There is a runaway trolley barreling down the railway tracks. Ahead, on the tracks, there are five people tied up and unable to move. The trolley is headed straight for them. You are standing some distance off in the train yard, next to a lever. If you pull this lever, the trolley will switch to a different set of tracks. However, you notice that there is one person on the side track. You have two options:

Do nothing and allow the trolley to kill the five people on the main track.

Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill one person.

Which is the more ethical option? Or, more simply: What is the right thing to do?

The trolly problem has already been solved:
https://able2know.org/topic/341474-1

thebobeternal wrote:
If you could kill Trump, and you knew that would prevent the degradation of the country, would you do it?

Mr. Trump is not the one who is degrading the country. You are.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:46 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
That’s another question entirely, you’re talking about the space time continuum. The Allies put any idea of assassinating Hitler on hold on the latter stages of the war because he was an asset.

His refusal to l3t his generals retreat lead to the capture of thousands of troops in North Africa. They could have been evacuated back to Italy. Similar tactics lead to Stalingrad being overrun. And Hitler’s insistence on not being woken up lead to tanks and soldiers staying in Calais while Normandy was invaded.

Someone wrote a Sci Fi Book about someone who goes back and assassinates Hitler only to find on his return to the present day that the Nazis rule the World.

I was going to say the same thing, but you said it better.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:49:17