Is violence against fascists acceptable if it achives a noble goal?

thebobeternal

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:33 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
And nobody here seems to have a problem with that.

I'm not one bit ashamed.

That racist orange ************ deserves anything and everything he gets.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:33 pm
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:

Quote:
If Donald Trump (or any other leader) dismantles our democratic institutions and successfully installs a dictatorship... then violent unrest would be appropriate.

So, if America is fighting against evil, then none of the protesters who are "breaking the law" should be jailed.

This is ridiculous. Let me make this completely clear.

1. In the fictional scenario where Democratic institutions in the United States completely break down and Trump becomes dictator... in that completely imagined case, violent unrest is justified.

2. In actual reality... where Trump is the democratically elected leader (for another 4.5 months) violent unrest is inappropriate.

This isn't that difficult.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:39 pm
https://www.nationaljournal.com/media/media/2020/05/30/cdbdb5fb23f746bab0483097c24b66f3_aptopix_minneapolis_police_death_54651_5000x3333.jpg.optimized.jpg

This is what is happening in real life. People protesting police violence are setting businesses on fire. They are destroying cars. They are looting. They have even shot people dead.

If the left doesn't condemn this behavior, then the left owns it. Joe Biden is condemning the violence from the left... because he wants to defeat Trump in the correct way, by getting people to vote.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:40 pm
@maxdancona,
[quote="maxdancona”]

This isn't that difficult.

[/quote]

The difficult bit was getting you to say it.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If Donald Trump (or any other leader) dismantles our democratic institutions and successfully installs a dictatorship... then violent unrest would be appropriate.

You had hear how he openly call for his supporters to try to vote twice for him?
thebobeternal

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
In the fictional scenario where Democratic institutions in the United States completely break down and Trump becomes dictator. In actual reality... where Trump is the democratically elected leader (for another 4.5 months) violent unrest is inappropriate

Are you sure about that? Are you willing to put the future of your children at risk based on this prediction?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

You had hear how he openly call for his supporters to try to vote twice for him?

Sure. Trump is an idiot and a thug. That is irrelevant.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:44 pm
@thebobeternal,
Yes, I am.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:47 pm
@maxdancona,

Quote:
Sure. Trump is an idiot and a thug. That is irrelevant.

A thug that will used any repeat any means to remain in office such as taking help from Russia or having his supporters voting illegal so how is that irrelevant?

That kind of nonsense sound like a south american dictatorship does it not?

Quote:
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:53 pm
It’s easy to remain insouciant about a potential Fascist takeover when you’re not part of a group that’s going to suffer.

White privilege writ large, and patronising privilege at that.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:57 pm
We already know that Trump did not have the consent of the people by five millions votes at least.

I do not think we had reach the level while it is our duty to act however we seems to be going in that direction.

Now the founders was amazing people but for the one error of having an Electoral College that later generations did not repair leaving it as a time bomb in our system of goverment

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 01:14 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I do not think we had ready the level while it is our duty to act however we seems to be going in that direction.

I’m no stranger to your tortured prose, although I can usually make sense of it, but the above is total mystery.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 01:16 pm
I am still trying to get over the fact that a low level NY conman dumber then dumb could be causing this level of harm to our nation
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 01:22 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

BillRM wrote:

I do not think we had ready the level while it is our duty to act however we seems to be going in that direction.

I’m no stranger to your tortured prose, although I can usually make sense of it, but the above is total mystery.

LOL poor baby read the part of the declaration of independence that I had uploaded along with my posting maybe that would made it clearer to you.

Take note of the section that is in red.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 01:37 pm
@BillRM,
It’s still garbage.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 01:40 pm
@BillRM,
Compared to you he looks like Cicero.
thebobeternal

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 02:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It only happens to minorities, it’s only minorities who have to put up with harassment and intimidation. Your even applaud such harassment saying it’s good the Nazis are provocative.

Quote:
This only happens to minorities, you don’t get Black Panthers marching through gated communities threatening to get Whitey.

Yes and yes.

America is at a boiling point fueled by white supremacy.

I love how right wingers will say that no one alive today was ever a slave. But their descendants never inherited wealth like the decedents of white slave owners.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 02:18 pm
@thebobeternal,
I’m not in America, so I rely on 3rd party accounts, but things certainly look more fractured now.

Don’t get me wrong, I never liked Dubya, I thought he was a terrible president and a war criminal, but I never thought he was a threat to Democracy.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 02:19 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Compared to you he looks like Cicero.

Who are you claiming is as great as the great Cicero or at least compare to myself?

God I hope you are not so far gone that it is Trump you are referring to or any of the racist low lives on this board for that matter.

In this case you are the one not being clear my English friend.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 02:24 pm
@BillRM,
You can talk.

It’s fairly straight forward, your execrable sentence construction is so **** awful makes an inept spluttering buffoon like Trump appear like Cicero in comparison.

In other words the gulf between Cicero’s masterful oratory and Trump’s slobbering prose is as great and cavernous as that between Trump and your good self.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 05:39:04