Is violence against fascists acceptable if it achives a noble goal?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:12 am
@izzythepush,
So.... You are claiming that acting to stop a murder counts as an act of violence?

You are being silly Izzy.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:18 am
@maxdancona,
I’m not saying any such thing.

You claimed that violence was unnecessary in a democracy, then said you would protect Trump were he to get rid of democracy.

You’re so mired in double talk you don’t notice when you contradict yourself.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:40 am
@izzythepush,
If someone wanted to murder Donald Trump... and it was in my power to stop them, I would do that.Make of that what you will.

I am against the murder of a democratically elected leader no matter how much I disagree with him. It is a little surprising that you are arguing with me about this.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:13 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
of a democratically elected leader

Just a footnote correction Trump is not a democratically elected leader as the majority of the American voters by around 5 million did not repeat did not vote for him
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:17 am
@BillRM,
Bill, Are you actually supporting the murder of Donald Trump?

Yes, we are a Constitutional Democracy... and Trump was elected by the process in the Constitution. But that is a tangent.

We are arguing about the murder of Donald Trump.

justaguy2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:20 am
@BillRM,
There might be some truth to that if it wasn't for your country's electoral college system.

Hillary won the popular vote, but trump won more electoral college votes than Hillary.

It would be far better for the democrats to focus on winning enough electoral college votes in the upcoming election, rather than whining about the last election that's already said and done - as that horse has already bolted...

In answer to the thread question: you're no better than the "fascists" themselves if you're going to commit murder.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:25 am
somebody wrote:
Are you actually supporting the murder of Donald Trump?

Somebody is reading more into BillRM's statement than it actually says. He only pointed out that he believes the phrase "democratically elected" leader doesn't apply to someone who failed to win a majority of votes cast.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:33 am
@maxdancona,
Go back and read the original question, not the one you’ve just made up.

I can’t believe your lack of comprehension is that bad, you’re being deliberately obtuse.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Bill, Are you actually supporting the murder of Donald Trump?

Yes, we are a Constitutional Democracy... and Trump was elected by the process in the Constitution. But that is a tangent.

We are arguing about the murder of Donald Trump.[\quote]

Lord I correct what I consider an error in your posting not supporting the murder of Trump or anyone else.

Now I will admitted if Trump would get the virus and as a result die a slow and painful death I would not be all that unhappy.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:08 am
Max's: How the Hell did we get here? (TM)
(A concise description of how we reached this ridiculous place)

1. BobTheEternal asked "If you could kill Trump, and you knew that would prevent the degradation of the country, would you do it?"

2. Max said "No! I would absolutely not kill Donald Trump. In fact, I would act to prevent you from killing Donald Trump."

3. Izzy said "Gotcha!". His argument is that stopping Bob from killing Trump would itself be an act of violence.... therefore Max can't say that he opposes violence, can he?

4. Max laughed at Izzy's silly argument.

5. Max states that he is opposed to killing a Democratically elected leader.

6. BillRm pointed out that Trump lost the popular vote.

6. Max asked BillRM to clarify his opinion on killing Trump.

Yes! we are actually having an discussion about whether it would be a good thing to murder Trump.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:15 am
@maxdancona,
More diversion and another sad summary from the ‘mind’ of Max

With such an inability to answer a straight question and a limited understanding of events you should go into politics.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:22 am
somebody wrote:
Yes! we are actually having an discussion about whether it would be a good thing to murder Trump.

No! we are actually analyzing the various rationales that might be used to justify violence.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:24 am
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:

But what if, for instance, without that violence, Trump is re-elected and installs himself as a permanent dictator, eliminating presidential term limits?

Just thought I’d quote the original question that bob asked Max as he insists on answering his own.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 11:55 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy is just here to have silly arguments about nothing.... I have made my position clear. I am against the murder of Donald Trump under any conceivable circumstances.

This is the question that I was responding to...

https://able2know.org/topic/551686-2#post-7054024

If Izzy (or any of his fanboys) want to seriously argue that we should murder Donald Trump, let them say that directly. This is a ridiculous discussion.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Still too vague.

Are you’re saying that if Trump imposed a dictatorship on America violent unrest would still be unacceptable?

A simple yes or no will do.

You are like a politician, smug and sanctimonious whenever you get a question you don’t like.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Still too vague.

Are you’re saying that if Trump imposed a dictatorship on America violent unrest would still be unacceptable?

A simple yes or no will do.

You are like a politician, smug and sanctimonious whenever you get a question you don’t like.

When you ask a direct question, I can give you a direct answer.

If Donald Trump (or any other leader) dismantles our democratic institutions and successfully installs a dictatorship... then violent unrest would be appropriate.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:06 pm
@maxdancona,
That was like pulling teeth.
0 Replies

thebobeternal

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If Donald Trump (or any other leader) dismantles our democratic institutions and successfully installs a dictatorship... then violent unrest would be appropriate.

So, if America is fighting against evil, then none of the protesters who are "breaking the law" should be jailed.
thebobeternal

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:23 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No! we are actually analyzing the various rationales that might be used to justify violence.

But if killing Trump saved countless lives, then why be ashamed to admit that's what we're talking about?

Why give in to the shaming of these white supremacists?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:27 pm
@thebobeternal,
If Trump were to be assassinated now Pence would become president. As Pence is still somewhat of an unknown quantity and Trump were a martyr then his base will be galvanised and make a Pence victory far more likely.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.52 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:15:32