Constructive voices coming from Antifa?

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:01 am
@justaguy2,
Quote:
I seriously doubt the alliance between your country and mine would enjoy the same level of public support.

With out the US alliance you would have needed to learn the Japanese language or for that matter almost any other major nation on earth could take you over.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:12 am
@BillRM,
I never realised that America fighting Japan was dependent on Australia joining in. I thought it had something to do with Pearl Harbor.
justaguy2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:30 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, I've never understood what value there is in deciding which country is the "best" based on national borders either. I think one major difference between European countries and the USA is that European countries value social development, where the USA values economic development ahead of social development, while Australia is somewhere in-between, but closer to Europe in that regard.

American society seems to also be more narcissistic than most European societies, which is at least in part a result of favoring economic development over social development.

In the end, I think that monetary wealth is more important to Americans in general, rather than a decent society that values things like social development, education, democracy, people, etc. It's also the reason why you don't see the violence you see in America in places like Europe, here in Australia, or even Canada just over the border from the USA.

In regards to "the best" in general, it's not usually that simple, and is a very simplistic way of ascertaining the value of something. I could use programming languages as an example; C was designed for "systems programming" if you read the history of it. But while it maybe an ideal choice if you want to write operating systems, it's not an object-orientated programming language, therefore C++ would be a better choice given that if you want to write user-space programs like web browsers, media players, games, etc, C++ is an OOP language and therefore better suited for user-space apps. There is also newer languages like Goggle's "Go" language, rust, etc. The bottom line is that it really depends on what you're looking to do/write, there isn't normally just "one option". There is also more often than not a lot more than just one way to "skin the cat" as it were. Sometimes it just comes down to personal preference in regards to the concepts and constructs you can employ.

And yes, while I wouldn't rule out maybe working in the US if I got the right job offer, I can also think of many other places that I'd much prefer to live in than the US. I certainly have no interest whatsoever in moving to the USA to live permanently, you couldn't pay me to do that, so agreed.
justaguy2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:33 am
@BillRM,
I think you need to actually read the rest of what I posted immediately prior to that statement.

Do you understand something called "context" ? As I'm not sure you do.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I never realised that America fighting Japan was dependent on Australia joining in. I thought it had something to do with Pearl Harbor.

It was hardly however needed to defend that nation and loss an aircraft carrier doing so.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:48 pm
@justaguy2,
Actually, C++ isn't good for anything. Anyone who has had to use the beast professionally would agree.

There is a joke among us old-timers. C++ is an octopus they made by nailing legs to a dog.

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 11:33 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Actually, C++ isn't good for anything. Anyone who has had to use the beast professionally would agree.

There is a joke among us old-timers. C++ is an octopus they made by nailing legs to a dog.

Oh for the good old days when you used jumper wires to program an analog computer.

Lord I hate losing that analog programming book over the decades.

C++ indeed..........Give me cobol or fortran 4
maxdancona

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 12:16 am
@BillRM,
We invented a language by adding OOP hapharzardly to COBOL...

We called it ADD 1 TO COBOL GIVING COBOL
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:46 am
@BillRM,
We have this wonderful thing called the English Language. Perhaps you could learn how to use it sometime so the rest of us don’t have to endure your gibberish.

You’re saying that the US would have fought Japan even if Australia told them to **** off, just contradicting your last statement.

English, History and now Logic, is there anything you can do that isn’t a massive clusterfuck?
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 07:31 am
@maxdancona,
The reason I mentioned C++ should have been obvious to anyone who can read... You've just proved the very point I was making, which was... the phase "the best" in relation to almost, if not anything, is usually just too subjective to have any value - this was the entire point I was making. I also mentioned the Go language, along with the rust language, etc. And if you know the history of the Go language, you'll know that one of it's main developers being Ken Thompson, along with it's other developers agreed they hated C++ and that was one of the reasons why they developed Go. Both Go and rust are also both OOP languages that could also be used instead of C++, and I never said there was anything wrong with that either BTW. I never said that C++ was "the best", I said it is better suited for user-space apps than "normal/regular C" (I even explained why I said that in the SAME post), the same as Go and rust would be better suited for user-space apps than what "normal/regular C" would be. I personally prefer "normal/regular C" myself, even though it's not an OOP language, but that wasn't the point either.

And I must say that the code I posted before wasn't posted with the intention of questioning your programming skills, it was to make a point about your [flawed] "logic". So I must say it's rather shocking for someone who claims to be a "professional software developer" that you could not only somehow confuse defined values with declared integer variables, but not see what was clearly a declared boolean variable, and then think for whatever bizarre reason that the integer variables were being used to store defined boolean values. You didn't even know C even had a boolean data type, even thought it was clearly being used. Then you claim that "C does not have a boolean data type". I was honestly shocked and still am given that was very, very basic code. You are also conflating the utility of something with your own personal opinion (like usual). You have no idea what "every other professional software developer" thinks, but like usual you are that arrogant, you think you can speak for everybody else. And a news flash for you: there are many very popular programs written in C++, either in part or in full. So not sure how it "can't be good for anything"... perhaps you'd better contact "anyone has had to use the beast professionally", and good luck with that. Rolling Eyes So all of that adds a lot of doubt to the idea you really are a developer, and if you honestly are, I can't say I'd ever want to work with you, let alone developing software with you.

I mean really, what programming languages do you use... scripting languages and that's it???

So here's a summary just for you...

- you are completely and utterly dishonest
- you are a total hypocrite
- you twist other people's words and imply they've said things they HAVEN'T, all as a pathetic attempt to try and bolster your own arguments, and put down others.
- you seem to think for whatever bizarre reason that you have a monopoly on the truth.
- there is therefore zero point in even trying to have an honest discussion with you.

How about that summary since you love your little summary's? Like that one? Well guess what, it's all true in your case, and sadly...
justaguy2

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 07:33 am
@BillRM,
If your command [lack of] of the English language is anything to go by, I'm surprised you even know how to turn on a computer... let alone do programming.
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 09:27 am
@justaguy2,
justaguy2 wrote:
N
If your command [lack of] of the English language is anything to go by, I'm surprised you even know how to turn on a computer... let alone do programming.

Hell for the first few years of my employment I even got to do some in house hardware repairs of apple twos at a time where they had most of their chips still in sockets.

Most of our medical devices was control by cams not computers an we still have a few 8 k wire coil memory board laying around. Very very pretty looking indeed.

I can still remember when I saw a co-worker filing a Cam due to the timing being off an I ask him how his programming was going. LOL

Hell we used to design boards using RTL logic of all thing god they power hungry

In any case ,yes I know how to turn on computers of all types and of all ages and programs them and if need be repair them.

My favorite computer language was forth but at work we needed for the most part to used assembly language for the 8080 as memory space was short indeed.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 09:31 am
@justaguy2,
Another Izzy fanboy. How cute.

justaguy2

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 10:02 am
@maxdancona,
Another closet trump supporter, how sad. How are the lizard men going these days?

You're just getting even more pathetic now (if that's possible)...
maxdancona

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 10:18 am
@justaguy2,
justaguy2 wrote:

Another closet trump supporter, how sad. How are the lizard men going these days?

You're just getting even more pathetic now (if that's possible)...

We have this ever increasing list of insults. I am a fascist, a misogynist, a liar, a hypocrite, transphobic, a bore, a pathetic loser, a Russian, an incel, a fake engineer, a troll, a moron, a rape apologist, a closet trump supporter... and a lizard man (did I miss anything, Izzy?)

What do these insults get you? I post my opinions. I make my points clearly. I back them up. I am not asking anyone to believe me.

This is silly. But if it makes you feel better, then OK. Izzy has been at this for years... and I am still here. So don't think you are getting anywhere.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 10:23 am
@maxdancona,
You don’t, you make sneaky underhand comments and invariably back down when challenged, then you play the victim.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with Justaguy, that’s one of your delusions, which have become noticeably more pronounced since the lock down.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 10:26 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You don’t, you make sneaky underhand comments and invariably back down when challenged, then you play the victim.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with Justaguy, that’s one of your delusions, which have become noticeably more pronounced since the lock down.

Thank you Izzy... I knew I forgot a couple of your silly insults.

I am a fascist, a misogynist, a liar, a hypocrite, transphobic, a bore, a pathetic loser, a Russian, an incel, a fake engineer, a troll, a moron, a rape apologist, a closet trump supporter, sneaky, a victim, a whinger, a wanker, a crybaby ... and a lizard man (did I miss anything, Izzy?)

I don't see me backing down very often. If you make a valid point, I accept (which seems to piss you off.. which amuses me). On this thread, I will happily double down.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 10:27 am
@maxdancona,
That’s what’s called playing the victim.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 10:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That’s what’s called playing the victim.

Already on the list, Izzy. But thanks.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
I don't believe I've ever called you "a fascist", "a misogynist", "a transphobic", "a bore", "a Russian", "an incel", "a fake engineer", "a troll", "a moron" or "a rape apologist". And I wasn't actually calling you "a lizardman", I was inferring that apparently, and if you believe the "right wingers", then biden is due to shape-shift soon. Therefore you can let us know when he does - and yes, that was also complete sarcasm too, before you misunderstand any further.

I stand by the names I did actually call you though, and I was responding in kind to your continued "Izzy fanboy/follower" bullshit. So it seems you cannot handle it when the boot is on the other foot. I was and am simply expressing my position on yourself, and responding in kind. I don't really care if you stop posting or not. But it would be nice if you could just be honest, and therefore have an honest discussion, that would be nice. But not holding my breath on that one though...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:01:22